The Jim Pattison Auto Group

The Jim Pattison Auto Group Employee Reviews in Surrey, BC

Surrey, BC23 reviews
Only reason I left Jim Pattison, cause they put a wrong person in a wrong position, It was so smooth to work for my previous GM, He left because of his family issues. Don't understand why Jim Pattison won't hire him back!
loved this place.. had the best general manager along with great hours, great pay and lots of benefits... Could not ask for a better place to work. miss it
Working here was a great over all experience. The people were amazing the only thing I would have changed would be having a full time manager on hand
Working environment is professional as well as the employees were so friendly and helpful to me during the time I worked there. Management is very helpful and solved all the problems I have which made my work run smoothly.
Pros
Friendly and professional work environment
Cons
Wage is a bit lower than market
25 November 2019
Amazing Feedback! Thanks for posting this. It is so wonderful to be able to share how amazing our people are!

Director, Human Resources
I am on my 4th year working at Jim Pattison Auto Group. Its been a great environment. Co workers are good and I have always been treated with respect.
Pros
Very professional system
If your looking for a place to advance in your life and are not willing to bend over backwards for the management team... GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. If your not willing to work for a management team that couldn't manage a daycare then go somewhere else. This company only hires within if your on the brown nose side. If you actually are a good employee and want to move up in the business GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. It's your typical corporate workplace. Managers are making big money while the little hard working employee works much harder. I showed up first and always left latest... still get nowhere.
Pros
Product is awesome
Cons
working with people who dont deserve positions
28 June 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am very concerned with the information you have provided and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. Please contact me at your convenience.

Director, Human Resources
This company wants to make money selling cars in the simplest and cheapest way possible, even if it's dirty.

No thought is given to the future, just to how many targets can be met next quarter to make management bonuses
Pros
Part of a big company, not going anywhere.
Cons
Too many problems, not enough solutions. Old boys club.
28 June 2019

Director, Human Resources
Short but good time here. Sales manager was a great guy who was driven to raise sales. Had a great time there, would have stuck around if it was possible.
Pros
coffee station
Cons
nice place good colleges, kinda bus not staffed enough maybe nice places to eat around time goes by rather quickly and you do learn a lot and being used to working in a fast paced environment helps
Just an absolute poor place of work for attitude and ethics. Just terrible. Not many happy faces...most are fake.The management attitude on work safety is just disgusting. I'm really ticked!!
Pros
Fellow workers friendship, close to home.
Cons
Work attitude, work ethics, employees not following rules of more seniority workers, garbage attitude on work safety.
9 August 2018

Manager, Human Resources
I loved seeing customers faces everyday and being able to supply them with the information that they needed. All the staff that works here gets along with each other and works together as a team!
This auto group is great place to work specially if you are new & want to get into this field.

If you are committed to climb up and you are new this auto group always welcome you (providing there is an opening) and gives you the opportunity to challenge yourself and put yourself to the test.
So many opportunities to grow and advance in your career. Working with so many great people, the team work and culture throughout the company is very positive, everyone working towards the same goal, exceptional customer service!
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Fantastic for a job, not a career choice. Not a lot of advancement but still have a great atmosphere. Good for a starter point on a new journey with great on the job training.
I've been employed for more then 10 years great company to work for environment staff management all around respect.. great benefits pays well, everyone is positive , the recognize your hard work.
Pros
Dinners, Small gifts, recodnition on job well done.
There’s definitely a lack in training, I found that they expect a lot from you. Management is poor that needs to be improved. Benefits are great that they offer.
Benefits
Cons
Training
I enjoyed answering the phone, directing clients where to go and i especially enjoyed seeing the excitement in peoples eyes when they have just bought a brand new vehicle.
Garbage company to work for. Extremely toxic work environment and terrible management - starting at the very top with the President.

I was told in my interviews that benefits would kick in after my 3-month probation. They didn't kick in until I had been employed for 7 months. Took 12 months to get a raise even though I had been told in my interviews that I would get my first raise after my 3-month probation.

Stay away from this god awful company.
Pros
Pays the bills (barely)
Cons
Long hours, garbage management, terrible pay, everyone is a liar
Great people

Customers really appreciated the hard work

put into the service provided and

liked that we were a friendly approachable team
Professional management employ top trained sales staff and constantly providing high training to upgrade and educate own employees. Nice atmosphere and relationship between management and sales staff. Great dealership to work for.
Pros
Financial awards, spiffs, commission, honest dealership.
Cons
N/a
Not a bad company, very large and somewhat bureaucratic to work for. Great benefits and medical plans though. Hard to advance.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Jim Pattison Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9