The Jim Pattison Auto Group

The Jim Pattison Auto Group Employee Reviews in North Vancouver, BC

North Vancouver, BC14 reviews
Management was sometimes hard to work with
When I slipped and fell one day and was hurt was not allowed to make a WCB claim

The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work on my own
11 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am very concerned with the information you have provided and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. Please contact me at your convenience.

ksinclair@jpautogroup.com

Director, Human Resources
Jim Pattison got his 'Start' in the car business. After all the years and all those millions made off of the backs of people like me. One would think that he would know or at least have people that know how to take care of their employees by this point. I guess greed trumps all.
2 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are always open to hearing suggestions from our people to better everyone's working experience.
If you would like to share those suggestions please contact me at your convenience.

ksinclair@jpautogroup.com

Director, Human Resources
Great people, professional and courteous
We have a great working environment ,

Great hours and great benefits, everyone been here for long time , they are happy with what they do .
25 November 2019
Amazing Feedback! Thanks for posting this. It is so wonderful to be able to share how amazing our people are!

Director, Human Resources
- work scheduling is good
- coworkers are fun to work with

- locally situated

- fun work environment

- great customer base

- helpful staff

- bridge traffic can make it hard to get too
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
repetitive work
Great Atmosphere, thorough training, professional. Everything you could have wanted from a new place of work. Would have loved to stay but due to moving out of province had no choice but to leave.
Comfortable atmosphere to work at. Pleasant to work with co-workers. Was undergoing a culture change with change in management. My daily commute was difficult from home.
Volvo of north Vancouver, my job as lot manager could be stressful and fun at the same time. over all the sales department were very helpful specially when it came to the cars they sold.
Poor pay, unsafe work conditions, managers that use bullying or avoidance tactics whenever you ask for a pay raise. If you really want to work in the automotive industry, avoid the Pattison Auto Group at all costs!
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, low morale
9 August 2018

Manager, Human Resources
The typical day is always busy, learned new skills in high pace environment. Working with management could be harder as lack communication channel. However learned multiple skills.
The staff are great and fun to work with. However, work load does not reflect the salary. Productivity and quality of the end product is jeopardized as a result.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
salary does not align with job duties
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Jim Pattison Auto Group?
A typical day at work I would be seeing many familiar guest bringing in their vehicle for servicing. Working as a service advisor, I have learned a lot from the guest I meet and from the work I do. I have learned to be more productive, and have gained plenty of people skill experience. I have a very good relationship with the managers and employees, which makes working at Jim Pattison Lexus a fun and friendly environment for me. The hardest part of the job which happens very rarely is having a guest that is impossible to please no matter what I do and how hard I try. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I have provided the best service I can and having my guest leave with a smile on their face and having their appreciation with the service I have provided.
Dreaded commission pay system. i was a producer during my time with them but it could be very stressful. I never had to follow a delivery through the delearship and that was nice change from other dealders. The co-workers were decent. I learned how professional a dealership can be run.
Pros
bbq's
Cons
long hours, commission sales.
A typical work day consisted of helping customers. I learned there is a big difference in customers, everybody is unique but all have the same basic needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was when customers picked up there vehicles. Can be a stressful job. You have to be organized and do your follow ups or you won't sell much.
Pros
bbq's
Cons
commision pay structure, you are only as good as your last sale. that was yesterday but what have you done today.
Meet customers Take them through the whole process and find them vehicles that need there needs and price point. Long hours, deliveries were set up on your off shift. Tons of follow up.
Pros
lunches, bbq's
Cons
long hours, commission sales.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Jim Pattison Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9