The Jim Pattison Auto Group

The Jim Pattison Auto Group Employee Reviews

It was a fairly busy shop and was not too hard to make a good living. They are always willing to send you to training and are willing to help when required.
26 May 2020
Amazing Feedback! Thanks for posting this. It is so wonderful to be able to share how amazing this company is!

Director, Human Resources
the company is cheap they care about themselves. Not the employees if something breaks they won't fix it. They promise a raise after 3 months that didn't happen. Instead they sold the dealership to another company.
loved this place.. had the best general manager along with great hours, great pay and lots of benefits... Could not ask for a better place to work. miss it
Management was sometimes hard to work with
When I slipped and fell one day and was hurt was not allowed to make a WCB claim

The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work on my own
11 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am very concerned with the information you have provided and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. Please contact me at your convenience.

Director, Human Resources
I would like to see greater effort to train all managers to treat employees with dignity and respect, as well as empathy and compassion. For the most part, the senior management is great, however; junior management need to be trained to treat all employees equally, and to be empathetic to their employees who are disabled and also have a family to try to help keep a positive work life balance.
11 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are always open to hearing suggestions from our people to better everyone's working experience.
If you would like to share those suggestions any further, please contact me at your convenience.

Director, Human Resources
A well managed company with profit sharing incentives. They have health and dental benefits. They have a life insurance policy available. They provide ongoing professional training.
11 May 2020
Amazing Feedback! Thanks for posting this. It is so wonderful to be able to share how amazing our company is!

Director, Human Resources
It's mostly limited to one person, but it's there. It was a great place to work though, and management there was the best of any I've had. I wanted to stay, but couldn't. my standard advice would be, stick to your workspace, and don't let people walk all over you. There's a lot to learn, and only one place to go, and that's up, and that's something you can't say about a lot of other places. If you show initiative, you will be noticed, and liked. It isn't hard, it isn't rocket science, you just have to get it done.
26 February 2020
If you would like to share those suggestions please contact me at your convenience.

Director, Human Resources
I loved working here up until i was treated like garbage, i was also doing above and beyond for this company and i was constantly being treated like i was worthless.
Cons
horrible management and do not care about there employess
it is typically very easy work. It is easy to get bored but for someone in school it is perfect because once you complete the few tasks you have alot of free time.
Jim Pattison got his 'Start' in the car business. After all the years and all those millions made off of the backs of people like me. One would think that he would know or at least have people that know how to take care of their employees by this point. I guess greed trumps all.
2 December 2019

Director, Human Resources
work was ok. shop was new and the management was new also. work was slow at this time. no perks, no chance of getting more hours. left because there was no way to make the money as promised.
Only reason I left Jim Pattison, cause they put a wrong person in a wrong position, It was so smooth to work for my previous GM, He left because of his family issues. Don't understand why Jim Pattison won't hire him back!
Don’t work at JP auto group
Managers are real jerks

Harassment, abusive actions and more

You’ll be both physically and mentally broken down

If you wanna live on EI for short/long term disability, this is the right place

Director, Human Resources
I am happy here because I am always busy. I am answering the phone, helping customers in store, making files for incoming vehicles, making files for traded in vehicles, or keeping the reception desk and customer lounge clean and tidy. I adore always having a job to do.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturdays, usually kept very busy
Cons
Downtime sometimes
Good environment team organization to work with. I liked the people I worked with including my sale manager! JM is one of the best managers I had the opportunity to work for!
16 October 2019
Amazing Feedback! Thanks for posting this. It is so wonderful to be able to share how amazing our people are!

Director, Human Resources
They pay low Commissions, expect you to sell their vehicles to customers whatsoever, however the customer doesn't like the vehicle, and then the poor manager starts to pick on you. Usually you will get minimum wage and that's why their salespersons change so frequently and don't stay with them for a long time.
15 October 2019

Director, Human Resources
Working here was a great over all experience. The people were amazing the only thing I would have changed would be having a full time manager on hand
no chance for advancement and no encouragement coming from managers .a bit of a racist , gender , age. overall not a very good place to work. All they think about is how to make money ....

2 October 2019

Director, Human Resources
If you’re homeless, here’s the place to make money to make a bit of money. Instead you’ll have no human rights. Managers will be stepping on you just like a door mat. When you’re completely exhausted, they’ll throw you out and look for replacements.
23 September 2019

Director, Human Resources
Working environment is professional as well as the employees were so friendly and helpful to me during the time I worked there. Management is very helpful and solved all the problems I have which made my work run smoothly.
Pros
Friendly and professional work environment
Cons
Wage is a bit lower than market

Director, Human Resources
Great people, professional and courteous
We have a great working environment ,

Great hours and great benefits, everyone been here for long time , they are happy with what they do .