The Jim Pattison Auto Group Employee Reviews

Fun for the most part
SALESASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2019
Lots of hours with mostly downtime. Lots of potential to do great but it depends on personal skill and a lot of luck. Nothing is guaranteed, especially in winter.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturday
Cons
Long Hours
Not applicable
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  NORTH VANCOUVER6 January 2019
Comfortable atmosphere to work at. Pleasant to work with co-workers. Was undergoing a culture change with change in management. My daily commute was difficult from home.
Pretty good
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 November 2018
nice place good colleges, kinda bus not staffed enough maybe nice places to eat around time goes by rather quickly and you do learn a lot and being used to working in a fast paced environment helps
Generally Good
Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 October 2018
Lots of different people to interact with. Continuous education and training seminars. Profit Sharing, Benefits. Lots of fun with co workers. Learned a great deal about the product.
Pros
Regular Schedule
Cons
only on half hour lunch and no breaks
Avoid these Noids
Parts Advisor / Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC8 August 2018
Poor pay, unsafe work conditions, managers that use bullying or avoidance tactics whenever you ask for a pay raise. If you really want to work in the automotive industry, avoid the Pattison Auto Group at all costs!
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, low morale
Official response from The Jim Pattison Auto Group
9 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am very concerned with the information you have provided and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. Please contact me at your convenience.

Krista Sinclair
Manager, Human Resources

Don't mind a lot of fellow workers. But managment in my department is garbage.
Detailer/Car washer. (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 August 2018
Just an absolute poor place of work for attitude and ethics. Just terrible. Not many happy faces...most are fake.The management attitude on work safety is just disgusting. I'm really ticked!!
Pros
Fellow workers friendship, close to home.
Cons
Work attitude, work ethics, employees not following rules of more seniority workers, garbage attitude on work safety.
Official response from The Jim Pattison Auto Group
9 August 2018

ksinclair@jpautogroup.com

Krista Sinclair
Manager, Human Resources

Great team to work with
Auto Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2018
I enjoy going to work everyday as we had a great team of techs and managers. 3 different GM's and 3 Service Managers within a year changed a lot of..
fun active workplace with great colleagues
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 May 2018
nothing negative to say, however keep in mind you are working at a car dealership... so it does get slow on slow days. For me, the team you work with can make or break it in that environment. volvo in north van's management went above and beyond to make this work environment an enjoyable one.
Pros
lots of time to focus on your own personal projects
Cons
long slow hours
Respectful work pleace
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 April 2018
I loved seeing customers faces everyday and being able to supply them with the information that they needed. All the staff that works here gets along with each other and works together as a team!
FINANCIAL SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 April 2018
This auto group is great place to work specially if you are new & want to get into this field.

If you are committed to climb up and you are new this auto group always welcome you (providing there is an opening) and gives you the opportunity to challenge yourself and put yourself to the test.
A good place to work
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC8 April 2018
Good hours during the week
Continuous learning by company
Good management
Pleasant culture
Obtaining all available bonuses
Meeting people and customers
Great Company to Grow and Advance!
Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 March 2018
So many opportunities to grow and advance in your career. Working with so many great people, the team work and culture throughout the company is very positive, everyone working towards the same goal, exceptional customer service!
Pros
Great people!
great place to work
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC20 March 2018
Great place to work, slower than most dealerships but on the up and up! The GM is a nice guy, very professional. Sales staff was professional and good to get along with.
Best Auto Group to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Volvo of North Vancouver12 March 2018
In my personal experience of working for the J.P. Auto Group for over 12 years is one of respect and integrity, they have great leadership from the top down, excellent structure with a chance for there people to advance, they care for there people, they invest in training and education, they also care for the community around them. Like any successful business you will need to apply yourself and be prepared at working hard but you will be well compensated.

May you be fortunate enough to be part of this wonderful organization.

B.T.W. I’m no longer working with them, do to a move out East for a carreer advance with a inferior Auto Group, I would Love to come back to them one day.
Pros
Too many to list, Great Leadership
Cons
Need to provide a stronger base salary for the sales staff when first starting
Awesome place to work
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 February 2018
Great environment and culture to encourage staff to give the best customer service and guest experience.
Had a good schedule and was encouraged to be great.
Fair
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 February 2018
Fantastic for a job, not a career choice. Not a lot of advancement but still have a great atmosphere. Good for a starter point on a new journey with great on the job training.
Great Autogroup to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 January 2018
I've been employed for more then 10 years great company to work for environment staff management all around respect.. great benefits pays well, everyone is positive , the recognize your hard work.
Pros
Dinners, Small gifts, recodnition on job well done.
Training
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 January 2018
There’s definitely a lack in training, I found that they expect a lot from you. Management is poor that needs to be improved. Benefits are great that they offer.
Benefits
Cons
Training
a typical day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 December 2017
I enjoyed answering the phone, directing clients where to go and i especially enjoyed seeing the excitement in peoples eyes when they have just bought a brand new vehicle.
Toxic Company
Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 August 2017
Garbage company to work for. Extremely toxic work environment and terrible management - starting at the very top with the President.

I was told in my interviews that benefits would kick in after my 3-month probation. They didn't kick in until I had been employed for 7 months. Took 12 months to get a raise even though I had been told in my interviews that I would get my first raise after my 3-month probation.

Stay away from this god awful company.
Pros
Pays the bills (barely)
Cons
Long hours, garbage management, terrible pay, everyone is a liar

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Jim Pattison Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.