The Jim Pattison Auto Group

The Jim Pattison Auto Group Employee Reviews

Canada86 reviews
Good place to work and they let you have a good family life.
It was a fairly busy shop and was not too hard to make a good living. They are always willing to send you to training and are willing to help when required.
26 May 2020
Amazing Feedback! Thanks for posting this. It is so wonderful to be able to share how amazing this company is!

Director, Human Resources
loved this place.. had the best general manager along with great hours, great pay and lots of benefits... Could not ask for a better place to work. miss it
Stressful, fast paced work as a lot attendant
Management was sometimes hard to work with
When I slipped and fell one day and was hurt was not allowed to make a WCB claim

The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work on my own
11 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am very concerned with the information you have provided and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. Please contact me at your convenience.

Director, Human Resources
I enjoyed the team and most of the management. Some of the junior management needs to learn to be more compassionate regarding work life balance.
I would like to see greater effort to train all managers to treat employees with dignity and respect, as well as empathy and compassion. For the most part, the senior management is great, however; junior management need to be trained to treat all employees equally, and to be empathetic to their employees who are disabled and also have a family to try to help keep a positive work life balance.
11 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are always open to hearing suggestions from our people to better everyone's working experience.
If you would like to share those suggestions any further, please contact me at your convenience.

Director, Human Resources
Good company to work for.
A well managed company with profit sharing incentives. They have health and dental benefits. They have a life insurance policy available. They provide ongoing professional training.
11 May 2020
Amazing Feedback! Thanks for posting this. It is so wonderful to be able to share how amazing our company is!

Director, Human Resources
Great workplace, but bullying exists.
It's mostly limited to one person, but it's there. It was a great place to work though, and management there was the best of any I've had. I wanted to stay, but couldn't. my standard advice would be, stick to your workspace, and don't let people walk all over you. There's a lot to learn, and only one place to go, and that's up, and that's something you can't say about a lot of other places. If you show initiative, you will be noticed, and liked. It isn't hard, it isn't rocket science, you just have to get it done.
26 February 2020
If you would like to share those suggestions please contact me at your convenience.

Great dealership
I loved working here up until i was treated like garbage, i was also doing above and beyond for this company and i was constantly being treated like i was worthless.
Cons
horrible management and do not care about there employess
Relaxing and easy workplace
it is typically very easy work. It is easy to get bored but for someone in school it is perfect because once you complete the few tasks you have alot of free time.
I worked in the shop. We had a lunch room. That was it... Ohh and a staff washroom. Those are nice
Jim Pattison got his 'Start' in the car business. After all the years and all those millions made off of the backs of people like me. One would think that he would know or at least have people that know how to take care of their employees by this point. I guess greed trumps all.
2 December 2019

normal automotive dealer
work was ok. shop was new and the management was new also. work was slow at this time. no perks, no chance of getting more hours. left because there was no way to make the money as promised.
Love to work for Jimmy Pattison
Only reason I left Jim Pattison, cause they put a wrong person in a wrong position, It was so smooth to work for my previous GM, He left because of his family issues. Don't understand why Jim Pattison won't hire him back!
Waste of time
Don’t work at JP auto group
Managers are real jerks

Harassment, abusive actions and more

You’ll be both physically and mentally broken down

If you wanna live on EI for short/long term disability, this is the right place

Good work environment.
Good environment team organization to work with. I liked the people I worked with including my sale manager! JM is one of the best managers I had the opportunity to work for!
16 October 2019
Amazing Feedback! Thanks for posting this. It is so wonderful to be able to share how amazing our people are!

Poor management
They pay low Commissions, expect you to sell their vehicles to customers whatsoever, however the customer doesn't like the vehicle, and then the poor manager starts to pick on you. Usually you will get minimum wage and that's why their salespersons change so frequently and don't stay with them for a long time.
15 October 2019

Director, Human Resources
Productive and fair work place
Working here was a great over all experience. The people were amazing the only thing I would have changed would be having a full time manager on hand
low moral and advancement
no chance for advancement and no encouragement coming from managers .a bit of a racist , gender , age. overall not a very good place to work. All they think about is how to make money ....

2 October 2019

Extremely toxic company
If you’re homeless, here’s the place to make money to make a bit of money. Instead you’ll have no human rights. Managers will be stepping on you just like a door mat. When you’re completely exhausted, they’ll throw you out and look for replacements.
23 September 2019

Fun and professional workplace
Working environment is professional as well as the employees were so friendly and helpful to me during the time I worked there. Management is very helpful and solved all the problems I have which made my work run smoothly.
Pros
Friendly and professional work environment
Cons
Wage is a bit lower than market

Awesome people
Great people, professional and courteous
We have a great working environment ,

Great hours and great benefits, everyone been here for long time , they are happy with what they do .

Fun work environment
- work scheduling is good
- coworkers are fun to work with

- locally situated

- fun work environment

- great customer base

- helpful staff

- bridge traffic can make it hard to get too
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
repetitive work
Very productive workplace
You get to experience a huge variety of work especially when you are dealing with customers and sales. This Job will never make you bored at what you are doing.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too much exposure in the sun sometimes
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Jim Pattison Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9