More than half our 1000+ team member have been with us for 10 year plus…..that says something! We work as a team, we support each other and we have fun together. The individual dealerships each get involved in community events in their areas and we have company wide functions that bring us all together! The Jim Pattison Auto Group believes in fostering a culture of support and team work.
2 April 2018
At Subaru culture is very hostile. And management plays favorites and hires their friends over actually qualified people. It's each department vs each other no one communicates well and are more than happy to ream you out if you make a mistake. The one thing you have to do when working is make sure your butt is covered so when things hit the fan you can say you did what you were supposed to do.
The culture is to overwork you make you do more jobs then what your hired for the pay is below average. The only people held accountable are the ones who work the hardest and they are not paid well. The management team is not really vetted before they are hired nor do the follow the employee handbook which is never enforced any complaints of mistreatment or bullying etc are never addressed
Right now?? Not good. Big, big change needed in my department management and GM's position.Fellow workers friendship is fine. But so much unhappiness.
Every manager up to and including the general managers are losers who could not get a management job anywhere else which is why JPAG pays them half what the industry average is. The environment is nothing but hostile and smart hires figure it out in a week or two and quickly move on which is why they always have the same job postings every few months.
If your a top salesmen they will soon raise the bar so your making less and if your a technician well.... don't dare ask for a raise our you might get told that 'sometimes you just have to move on'. Technicians, no matter their manufacture rating, are expected to just work 'harder' if they want more money which is why most of their dealership shops are filled with crooked techs who just want to drain your wallet with false diagnosis using their 'parts shotguns'.
Everything about JPAG is to make Jimmy look good no matter the cost ... all smoke and mirrors like the Wizard of Oz.
The work environment is very hostile at the Jim Pattison Autogroup. You’re belittled and micromanaged by untrained and unqualified car salesman (who call themselves “general managers”).
There is no culture. You’re paid (below the average market salary) to do one job - but you’re expected to come in early everyday, start early, carry out the duties and responsibilities of your job as well as many others jobs (parts, service, sales, lot attendant, department managing, general managing, building maintenance, etc.). You’re expected to stay late and work late. You’re expected to come in on your days off because management can’t handle hiring staff - so you have to pickup the slack.
There is absolutely no respect and the positives of working at this pathetic excuse of a company are few and far between.
It’s a revolving door of employees. The same job postings are up every few months and for good reason.
Everyone respect each other , lots of positives ,
- Why would you want to work at Jim Pattison Auto Group?Answered by The Jim Pattison Auto Group
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make The Jim Pattison Auto Group a better place to work?3 people answered
- Does The Jim Pattison Auto Group allow for flexible working hours? Or are the hours set?3 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at The Jim Pattison Auto Group?2 people answered
- Can you work remotely at The Jim Pattison Auto Group?2 people answered
- What benefits does The Jim Pattison Auto Group offer?2 people answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at The Jim Pattison Auto Group?One person answered
- How is feedback from management delivered at The Jim Pattison Auto Group?One person answered
- What is the dress code at The Jim Pattison Auto Group?One person answered
- Does The Jim Pattison Auto Group require background check?One person answered