The Investigators Group Employee Reviews

worst experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2018
very unorganized! if youre working for security there your boss will def ignore you whenever you call or have a concern. not sure what it would be like if youre an lp (loss prevention)
Pros
nothing
Unpleasant Experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2018
At the end of the day, everything comes down to how they treat their staff. They do not care about their staff at all. I've only worked for 3 security companies, and this one was by far the worst - the supervisors and managers only talk to you if you make a mistake, usually it isn't even something they explained to you in the first place. The site i worked at had no training at all, but lots of ways to make big mistakes.

There could have been good things about this job, but when you feel like they are taking advantage of you it isn't so good anymore
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Unsatisfying Work
Worst
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2017
Lied about rate of pay! A year before benefits? And then they fire you 2 weeks after you apply for them? Terrible. I would definitely steer clear of this company
Pros
Great secretary
Cons
Terrible management
Fine
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
it was a good experience to work there and i wish them all the best. the supervisor always had my back and i met some really great people who taught me a lot about life expericences
Friendly environment and great staff
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2017
I worked with IGI for 9 months and I had a really good experience with them, they were cooperative and they cared about their employees. I learned alot from them and I really improved my skills in attention to details and organization.
Pros
over time and positive environment
Cons
travel
Great staff and company has good clients
Uniformed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
The company has a good staff. All staff cooperate with one another, work well as a team. we are all there to help one another whenever needed.

The company also has good clients that has hired them to provide professional security for them. We always make sure we put in 110% when at work and make sure our clients are happy with our service. That is our focus and most important to us security guards as well as management.
Pros
Flexible Hours.
Cons
Not enough staff to cover a shift whenever an emergency arises with another guard.
Loss Prevention Associate
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON29 October 2016
As a LP associate your typical day would consist of detecting shoplifters, and deterring or apprehending shoplifters for theft.

This company was great and allowed me to gain skills and a knowledge in the field of loss prevention. The trainers helped a lot when training as individuals who start get to see how some associates go about their work days and approaches on how to detect a shoplifter.
Pros
Good for workers who are self-directed
Cons
Working in different locations
Working all over GTA
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON2 October 2016
I worked for IGI for a couple of months and it was my first LP job. Training was only 3 shifts and the job entails a lot of aspects which were not covered in that time. So your basically forced to learn stuff on your own, no pressure from management to push for aprehensions as long as you are writing prevention reports. Orginally was promised work in Hamilton region and was scheduled to work all over GTA so a lot of driving and mileage added on car, and management isnt too keen on scheduling individuals around other commitments. But if your ready to drive a lot and want LP experience not a bad place to start, just be prepared to work every weekend, work/life balance really does suck.
Pros
Paid Lunch, Paid Mileage, No Quotas
Cons
Work every weekend, lots of travel, start pay is 13
Lots of travel
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2016
The pay was small and lots of traveling involved. sometimes got stressful but good starting spot if you are new to the position.
Pros
Good place to start
Cons
pay
Have extensive accounting experience, can handle various accounting business and meet company requirements. I'm honest,confidence,work under pressures
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  toronto23 September 2015
Currently I am responsible for 3 companies accounting cycle, from journal entry to financial report. It includes all accounts business i.e. A/R, A/P, Bank Reconciliation etc. At the same time, effective preparing for payroll over 100 staffs. Monthly report EHT/WSIB and GST/HST quarterly At year end, produce T4 slip for company staff.
Too much travelling
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2015
Its a good place to work but job requires a lot of traveling.
I learned how to deal with the public.
Preventing and apprehending shoplifters and fraud.
Loss Prevention
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2014
Work as under cover secutiry officer. Arrest indivuals with frauds, and thefts under the criminal code of canada. Hardest part of this job is aressting people and, calming them down. The most enjoyable part of this job is helping clients from loosing goods in merchandise.