The Humberview Group

The Humberview Group Employee Reviews

Canada58 reviews
Service manager
This was first time i work with humberview Chevrolet buick gm
I believe iam contributed to the company in culture and diversity

I also believe that i have learned a lot from company in technical abilities

Eventhough, i was having family issue i wanted to continue working with the humberview, some time i was doing odd jobs like removing snow which was not my job, i listened and worked with managment professional th

drive a
Love the atmosphere
This is the kind of job that you wake up and actually want to go to work. Obviously every workplace has that one thing or "that guy" but overall i would definitely recommend
Great co-workers
It is a good place to work. I was on contract so I believe my pay was fair for that situation. There is little place for advancement but I heard that raises are there if you ask.
Pros
Great group of coworkers, fun environment
Cons
Closed minded, playing favourites, benefits are crazy expensive
Great place to work at but management was poor
I have a feeling the management didn’t even know what they were doing sometimes what I say would make more sense then what they’d come up with.

As a lot attendant I paid extreme detail to everything and made sure everything was done right.
Best place i have worked at my whole career
Applewood Chevrolet GMC Cadillac Buick is a great place to be
Family friendly environment

Great work - life balance job

Great team to work with

Turnover is the lowest I have ever seen
Awesome management
Interesting day to day , never the same from one day to another

Great benefits

Employees treated very well , lots of perks such as paid holidays, company activities
amazing coworkers
loved working with the staff for day to day duties. I also like that they closed every long weekend. Managers could be more transparent about events going on.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
lack of communication from the managers
Ok place to work
Working there is hard, especially working with the staffs who have been for years. Some of the older staff at this location are very friendly. most of the manages are not friendly
Easy going work enviorment. Almost everyone gets along very well
I was a co-op student here and I must say it was a very good experience. the other co-workers were very kind to me and offered to help me whenever i nedded it. All staff were firendly and created such a laid back, safe, but still hard working work enviorment. the manager was really kind. He treated his employees, and me like his fellow co-workers and not just people who work for him. There was some heavy lifting but that wasnt bad. I loved my time here and will never forget the great experiences. I highly recomend this place. oh, and they also have an annuel spring barbeque
Pros
Annuel spring barbeque, very friendly co-workings, easy going laid back envoirment, amazing and helpful managers
Cons
not the greatest pay, some heavy lifting
Productive and quite work place
Working for The Humberview Group was a very interesting experience. The benefits were not the greatest especially if you have children but other than that it was a ok place to work
Shocking
Pros: Benefits covered entirely. New Dealership and facilities. Company perks with perkopolis. VW training opportunities.

Cons: Dealership management, favouritism, micro management, arrogant management. Preference of unmarried or non committal persons. Judged if working less than 12hrs a day or 6 days a week. High expectations with no support.

Advice to Management Respect employees and their personal lives. Support your employees by encouraging them and not by constant criticism or threatening them with job security. Treat all employees equally.
Too lax in the type of Business Manager they hired
On the surface, this should be a great company to work with, as part of the Humberview Group, but at the company level, in my opinion, they have a very poor understanding of OMVIC and its rules. Their current Business Manager lies to customers in order to sell them more products.
Pros
Good colleagues to work with.
Cons
Very disorganized.
great staff to work with
i learnt about customer service from a vehicle service standpoint as my customer service experience was based in the restaurant industry my passion for cars and automotive brought me into the car industry which i found out quickly was not for me.my experience at Humberview was good, happy to have worked for the company i have made great relationships through working there.
Pros
free lunch on friday
Great co-workers
Staff was able and willing and took direction very well. Newer staff came with previous Manager and did not apply themselves once he left. Previous employees came back after he was gone
Great learning position
Lots of job titles

Very fast pace

Enjoyable bussiness

Orangeville Honda was a great employer. I learned may aspects of the car business in the 10 years there.
Pros
Cons
Long days
Decent starting place to learn basics of the auto industry
All in all it was a great company. Just expect to be pushed hard to both achieve the concepts and excel at your contract. Help is needed if you desiire but expect them to make your situation seem like a walk in the park. If you work hard, they will pay good. If you wimp out, don't expect much.
Fast pace Sales Environment
I loved the really fast pace sales environment. However, you need to know the business inside and out if you want to succeed here. No one has time to train you on anything.
I've seen a new employee leave just after 3 days even though he would get a generous salary for three months. It can be intimidating 'cos everyone is always on the go. There's no down time.

Which brings me to the down side, expect to work 60 hrs/week.
Great place to work, fantastic family feeling atmosphere
It has been an incredible place to work. supportive management, great learning opportunities. its a great life work balance, they want you to be happy in everything you do.
Professional environment
Good environment and team atmosphere. Other employees were always happy to assist each other - often not the case with commissioned personnel. Management poor - but I understand they have moved on.
Pros
Team Atmosphere
Cons
Manager
My favorite place to ever work!
Getting up for work was the hardest part.
Once I would arrive to work I was happy to be there.

It was fast paced and never a dull moment.

Feels like one big family.

The industry is always changing so I was always learning new things!
Excellent place to work
Since my time at Humberview, I have throughly enjoyed getting to know everyone and working with the customers. Management and everyone in the Humberview group truly know how to make you feel like family!
Pros
free lunch Saturdays
Cons
12 hr days