The Humberview Group Employee Reviews

Too lax in the type of Business Manager they hired
Automotive Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON29 March 2019
On the surface, this should be a great company to work with, as part of the Humberview Group, but at the company level, in my opinion, they have a very poor understanding of OMVIC and its rules. Their current Business Manager lies to customers in order to sell them more products.
Pros
Good colleagues to work with.
Cons
Very disorganized.
great staff to work with
One year as valet/customer service (Former Employee) –  1650 the queensway etobicoke13 March 2019
i learnt about customer service from a vehicle service standpoint as my customer service experience was based in the restaurant industry my passion for cars and automotive brought me into the car industry which i found out quickly was not for me.my experience at Humberview was good, happy to have worked for the company i have made great relationships through working there.
Pros
free lunch on friday
Great learning position
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON14 January 2019
Lots of job titles
Very fast pace
Enjoyable bussiness
Orangeville Honda was a great employer. I learned may aspects of the car business in the 10 years there.
Pros
Cons
Long days
Decent starting place to learn basics of the auto industry
Service Department Car Wash Supervisor/Detailer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2019
All in all it was a great company. Just expect to be pushed hard to both achieve the concepts and excel at your contract. Help is needed if you desiire but expect them to make your situation seem like a walk in the park. If you work hard, they will pay good. If you wimp out, don't expect much.
Fast pace Sales Environment
Audi Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2018
I loved the really fast pace sales environment. However, you need to know the business inside and out if you want to succeed here. No one has time to train you on anything.
I've seen a new employee leave just after 3 days even though he would get a generous salary for three months. It can be intimidating 'cos everyone is always on the go. There's no down time.
Which brings me to the down side, expect to work 60 hrs/week.
Great place to work, fantastic family feeling atmosphere
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 September 2018
It has been an incredible place to work. supportive management, great learning opportunities. its a great life work balance, they want you to be happy in everything you do.
Professional environment
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2018
Good environment and team atmosphere. Other employees were always happy to assist each other - often not the case with commissioned personnel. Management poor - but I understand they have moved on.
Pros
Team Atmosphere
Cons
Manager
My favorite place to ever work!
Service Admin (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2018
Getting up for work was the hardest part.
Once I would arrive to work I was happy to be there.
It was fast paced and never a dull moment.
Feels like one big family.
The industry is always changing so I was always learning new things!
Excellent place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 June 2018
Since my time at Humberview, I have throughly enjoyed getting to know everyone and working with the customers. Management and everyone in the Humberview group truly know how to make you feel like family!
Pros
free lunch Saturdays
Cons
12 hr days
Great culture and corporate structure
Sales & Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 June 2018
One of the best employers I have worked for. Great culture, with great values and a great team.

An awesome dealership environment to provide an exceptional purchase experience for clients in the market for one of North Americans top manufacture.
amazing environment
Service receptionist/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
I absolutely loved working here. The employees are all amazing people. They are open to teaching you new things and advancing you if there is the opportunity, They will stick by your side as an employer.
Pros
coworkers, bosses, owners, all available to you
Cons
Late hours sometimes
Nice People Good Values
Car washer + Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
Nice people with good values. Great work environment, clean work spaces, access to refreshments. Some very long hours, but management is considerate when time off is needed.
A great learning experience
Exotic Car Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2018
Motorsports was a great company to work at. I had no previous car sales experience but they gave me the chance since I had immense product knowledge on exotic vehicles. My managers were among the best in the business for what they do and they really taught me a lot in regards to not just salesmanship, but life in general; they were great role models. Work life balance was great, the atmosphere was enjoyable for the majority of the time and the compensation was more than fair.

Management needed to be worked on. They tried to fix their system through trial and error but it didn't seem to be working all the time. There were too many chiefs and I think that was the issue but again, they had an immense amount of knowledge.

Humberview Motorsports is the exotic division of Humberview Group. Humberview group treats you like a family member and never did it feel like a corporate operation; thats what makes Humberview Group stand out.
Pros
great learning opportunity
Cons
Management needs more work
Okay place to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
There is good people, but there are also people that push you around for no good reason also. There can be a lack of communication, and if you are sloppy, they won't like you there.
Great Place to Work
Sales And Leasing Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
I worked here when I was being tugged towards Newfoundland due to a Mother who needed a supportive immediate family member close to her.

Had this not been the case I may have stayed longer.
Pros
Pay, Supportive management.
Cons
Cautious...Shady practices that are forced on
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 November 2017
Was a service advisor for a local dealership in the group for about 4 years. First few years everything was great, management was great but then things went downhill after that.

No work/life balance was there, especially when we were short handed....asked for compensation because of the extra work load and was given a less of a bonus value and minor salary increase.

Was taught shady practices in order to get a good bonus, ie. ELR = effective labor rate, meaning paying a technician 1 hr of pay, charging the customer 1.5 hours of pay, the extra 0.5 goes to the house and my numbers...unfortunately i was forced to adapt to this to have a stable income and compensate the low salary pay.
Hustle
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2017
Typical work day is spent on the phone contacting your customers and lenders.
Learned a lot about reading credit and vehicle financing.
Workplace culture is good.
The hardest part of the job is trying to get in touch with your customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you meet your target.
Pros
A lot of incentives
Cons
The dealership is poorly run, no one cares !
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Streetsville, ON31 October 2017
Stay away if you want a career it's not the place for you. It's a good group to move around , use the dealership to get into Humberview with the you can leave after 3 months and get a position or dealership within the group
Pros
If you're lucky you might get free lunch on Saturday
Cons
Poorly managed it's like a soap opera in there everyone has their own agenda
Positive culture, corporate organization, engaged management, opportunities to advance
Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2017
Company Values:
Respect
Integrity
Honesty
Transparency
Teamwork

Our Way:
We are honoured to work with you
We put people first
We are in the game
We are accountable
Good people
Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON1 June 2017
Good people to work with. Expect high level of quality from employees. High pace but low stress environment. Pay is flat rate and can fluctuate greatly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Humberview Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3