The Hospital for Sick Children

The Hospital for Sick Children Employee Reviews

Canada267 reviews
SickkKids is a place like no other. It was a great place to work. Always challenging, but very rewarding. Continuing education opportunities are plentiful. There is always a sense of "team" when you are working here.
Meaningful Cause & Respectful Workplace
There is a strong sense of community and pride that is unique to SickKids as a workplace. There are rarely any encounters, whether with staff, patients or parents, that are anything but pleasant. The pay is on the lower end compared to external institutions, especially as it appears common for staff to take work home and/or exceed job expectations. Otherwise, benefits are very fair and the institution has exemplified superb management through the COVID crisis.
Collaborative work environment
I enjoyed working here. colleagues were very supportive which lead to a great working environment. There is a lot of room for growth and the ability to learn a lot from colleagues.
A professional environment that fosters growth and learning
As a summer student assistant in an immunology laboratory, I was exposed to a range of techniques and equipment used in scientific research. I gained invaluable experience genotyping mice DNA samples and shadowing lab members through their experimental procedures.
collaborative work environment
The workload was well balanced, I have learned financial procedures. the workplace culture was very productive and collaborative. I loved working there.
Productive and Nice working environment
I am having a great time working at Sickkids
I get a lot of learning opportunities while working on my current project

Nice cooperative working place

The most enjoyable part of the Job is the weekly meetings those meetings has no stress the only purpose of this meeting just let the supervisor or doctors know about your current progress
I have nothing to say
I have nothing to say about this opportunity. My time here was short. Team members were supportive and helpful. A typical day is predictable and slow paced
Overall a great place to work- same politics and issues you find in any hospital
FYI - no union
Nurses here are top notch. Highly educated skilled, and compassionate.

LotsOf opportunity for education and advancement.

Managers are educated and people oriented
good employer, lower pay than comparable companies, good management
5 stars. responsive to staff needs. lots of opportunity to move with in the organization. plenty of volunteer opportunities. easily accessible by public transit.
Sickkids is a productive and fun place to work
Sickkids Hospital is a great place to work, the people there are quite friendly and considerate. I would usually start my day by jotting down a list of the things I needed to get done each day and completed them in order of importance, for example, I would first clean up the work queues with the aged claims that had deficiencies, editing and resubmitting them first.

I learned Anesthesia billing, Critical Care billing and Epic Applications software - Hyperspace.

Management is very strict in making sure employees respect one another and follow the rules of the company. They try very hard to create a safe, secure and stress free environment.

The culture of Sickkids is: Excellence, Compassion, Integrity, Collaboration and Innovation.

The hardest part of the job is completing the monthly metrics/reconciliation report on a strict deadline each month.

The most enjoyable part of the job was setting goals and meeting them. I liked being part of a great organization that provides the best care for children and support for their families.
Great work Environemnt
As a student it's a great place to obtain the necessary experience for your career. Staff is very helpful and willing to lend a helping hand when ever required.
Sick kids
Sick kids hospital is a great environment to learn and grow as a health care practitioner. The pace is very fast and the hospital is extremely innovative and constantly changes based on new evidence.
Good workplace
SickKids Research Institute is a fast-paced environment and expectation for experimental results/findings is timely scheduled. The workplace culture and environment is very different per lab.
Fun place to work
When you join SickKids, you’re joining a community with over 135 years of making a difference to the lives of children and their families.

One of the world’s leading paediatric health-care centres, SickKids advances children’s health by integrating research, care and learning.

Our staff are involved in uncovering the secrets of the genome, helping children recover faster from surgery and providing comfort and care when it’s needed most.

We believe in Healthier Children. A Better World and we nurture a supportive and meaningful work environment where we work together to achieve that goal.
Large tertiary paediatric healthcare centre
Large tertiary/quaternary paediatric health care centre in the downtown core
Multiple areas of specialty available

Large variety of professionals employed
i love working at sickkids, i learned a lot and gain experience
all over the sickkids is a good place to work.the hardest part of the job was rotation shift 24/7 and at the time you have to work 12 hr shift and job work and life balance is hard with family with kids.
it 's stressful but other than that it's great place to work.
HSC is a diversity place where they will acccept you as a worker it is agood place to work and a good of workers too.
The hospital itself is totally with the good service from the highest to the bottom position,working fairly as I can say.I can say that working @ HSC is I enjoyed every duties I did
productive
very well organized
you face challenged cases every day you learn from that

dealing with kids is motivating and it give you positive energy

the smile of the child give you happiness
Engaging and high interaction work place
A busy work environment with interaction with many multi disciplinary team members.
8 to 12 hours available to work. A Lot of opportunity to go to training and access new information.
Exceptionally stressful and insufficient compensation
Unhealthy work:home life balance expectation. Constantly understaffed. No respect for senority. Desperately needs a union for ALL non-managerial staff.
Least paid workers in all the gta major hospitals
For the same type of work l, you get paid few more dollars per hour in other hospitals nearby. Advancement within the department is difficult because they hire family members or friends to have more leverage when it comes to a managerial position.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hospital for Sick Children. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2