The Home Depot Employee Reviews

nto a good company to work for
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 March 2018
Supports managers that are not following culture.
Team members that you work with are the best part of the job.

Some room for advancement due to the high turnover over.
Productive and fun work place with vending machines.
Plumbing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2018
Management works with you to find your skills and the best place and co workers fo you to work with. Good hours. Transparent supervisors. Co workers are helpful and knowledgeable.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N/a
It is fun working
Paint Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 March 2018
It is fun working there. Providing customer service is good. Home Depot is good at taking care of their employees. Safe place to work and people are friendly.
day ay work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL2 March 2018
it was good at first. some of the wokers were really rude especially when i was pregnant. sometimes i did not get enough hours. the other workers were very friendly.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
not enough hours
Overall good place to start
Order Picker/ Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON2 March 2018
You stay for the people you work with. They seem to hire fun, fantastic people that you just fall in love with. The job itself is no different than any other sales job out on the market except for the great benefits they offer.
environnement de travail stimulant
Ventes et spécialités (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 March 2018
Conseiller en vente spécialisé

- assister le client à travers des achats de matériels divers
- activer les services offerts par la compagnie tels que: financement, service d'installation, estimation et livraison (services liés à des processus informatiques).
Pros
environnement stimulant
Cons
salaire trop bas
Chef-Caissière (Current Employee) –  Quebec28 February 2018
Good workplace, they adapt your hours easily when you need it. Staff is nice, lunchs and activity once in a while, it’s nice! I recommend this olace for everyone!
Pros
Free lunches sonetimes, group activity outside work
Cons
Might have shift in an other departmentwithout having a real formation
Steady Job. Good for young people as a first work experience.
Merchandising Execution Team (Current Employee) –  Greenfield Park, QC28 February 2018
Steady Job. Good for young people as a first work experience.
Low salaries. Flexible (to an extent), Friendly and Understanding, Good insurance coverage (even for part timers).
Good place to start
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC28 February 2018
I have enjoyed working at The Home Depot, the hours are flexible and management is understanding of times constraints on students.
it's a good place to start gaining experience in the workplace. you will work with many different kinds of people, memorizing product knowledge and best uses, it's a dynamic learning environment. the customer service will challenge you, all in all, Home Depot is the ideal place to start your working life because of the applicable work lessons it provides.
Consistent Hours
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON28 February 2018
Management unprofessional but the hours are consistent. Not very flexible and training is adequate at least until you get on the floor. Must be able to provide full flexibility on the weekends.
Great management, great co-workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 February 2018
Everyone is great here, and most customers are actually in a good mood, which is a pleasant surprise compared to most retail settings! Management is understanding when you're sick or have an emergency, most accommodating and understanding management I've ever had. Only complaint is the flip flop of typical part time hours, one day you're up at 5:30 AM to get to your shift at 7 AM, the next day you end at 10 PM, not the best for keeping on a schedule but overall great place to work!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Part time scheduling
Great compant, just not for me
Special Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 February 2018
A typical day at work at the Special Services Desk included assisting many customers with issues that they've had with their orders, products and services, processing returns, and following up with customers on services/orders. I learned a lot about how to use computer systems to create and sell orders, how to run reports (which was one of my favourite parts of the job) and how to respond to upset customers. The job wasn't for me because I found that the negative vibes I got from customers for eight hours a day really began to take a toll on me - that was definitely the hardest part of the job, but it did give me more confidence in myself in the end. The management was always very approachable and friendly. They were very understanding when I needed to cut back on some hours when classes started again in the fall. The managers always made an effort to bring associates together, whether that be in fundraisers, associate events, BBQs at lunch, or Cashier Appreciation Month. The only way I feel like they could improve is in taking initiative to intervene when an associate is dealing with a big customer issue instead of seemingly avoiding as many confrontations as possible. The most enjoyable parts of the job for me were the associate community/atmosphere and expanding my knowledge in different departments and in customer service skills.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, expanding my knowledge, friendly coworkers
Cons
Emotionally exhausting
Great
Sales Associate - Paint Department (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 February 2018
Amazing company, this was one of my favourite jobs. I was hired pretty quickly and they provided an amazing team around me. the atmosphere was great and the company benefits were awesome.
Seasonal/ Lumber Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 February 2018
I started out at Home Depot doing my summer co-op in the seasonal department. After the summer, and my co-op finished I was given a job in the lumber department. My typical day consisted of giving quick, efficient customer service in a fast paced manner. After my 3 month probation I was put in charge of MPS (Merchandising Protection Standards) and also in charge of making sure proper inventory was being taken out and correct items were being put in. (Pack Down) I learned skills as how to be polite with customers and honest, even when I didn't know the right answer I would help them figure it out. The hardest part of the job was I was the youngest employee in the seasonal department so I was in-charge of doing most of the lifting which was physically demanding. My favourite part was definitely working with customers as I was given 3 "Homer" awards by management which are awarded for demonstrating excellent customer service and going above and beyond Home Depot's goals. The reason for leaving was the hours I was given were conflicting with school and it ended up with me having to give my two weeks notice. Overall, it was a great job.
Pros
Friendly, great employee benefits
Cons
5am Watering shifts, inconsistent hours
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 February 2018
Great place to work, management really cares about their employees and challenges them to prosper, they really want to see their employees increase to management roles.
Amazing
Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 February 2018
Good place to work.
They do a good job of taking care of their employees with benefits, and added perks like Free Food Fridays, and fun holiday activities throughout the year.
It's a fun, fast paced work environment that sometimes drains you.
They are always involved in community projects and I have enjoyed volunteering with the Team Depot
Great workplace
Contracting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 February 2018
great workplace, with many opportunities for advancement, this company is more than willing to train all employees to the fullest. benefits and profit sharing.
i didnt like working there
Plumber Associate (Former Employee) –  winnipeg Manitoba22 February 2018
when i worked at home depot i didnt have the best experience. it was during the time when our manager was getting fired so there was alot of changes but the people were nice.
Great Place to work
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2018
Overall well balanced company. Some departments are better than others, but overall good place.

Some departments have more room for advancement then other
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Not all departments have room for advancement
All depends who is the store manager. Can be fun at times
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2018
I love working with different culture. My strengths are team player and enthusiastic. Love to create excitement to motivate the team.
On the spot coaching and recognition.
Drive saless and service.
Very passionate
Pros
people person
Cons
Long hours at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

511.3K