The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 March 2018
If they got rid of a couple of the management Home Depot would be a good place to work. The Floor staff were really awesome to work with they made things fun. They the floors staff also cared how you were feeling.
Cult
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 March 2018
Very Cult-ish, high expectations for low pay. Good job for people that are retired or someone who wants to capitalize on their benefit package
Numbers-focused rather than employee-focused
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, Ontario14 March 2018
My time at Home Depot was on a part-time basis. However, "part-time" doesn't seem to mean the same thing at Home Depot as it does at other places. I either worked 30-35 hours a week or 8-10 hours a week, rarely did I ever work the 20 hour preferred work week (due to personal obligations).

Scheduling was a significant factor in me leaving the organization. Requests to change your availability to regain some control over your life were denied time after time. You are expected to work every single Saturday and Sunday. The rare Saturday or Sunday that you do get off is considered a miracle. Your department will either have 1 person working prime rush hours and struggling to keep up with the backlog of customers waiting for you as their impatience grows, or there are 5 of you standing around on a Sunday morning. Very inconsistent and oblivious scheduling system.

Focused on VOC (Voice of Customer) and daily sales targets, but the satisfaction of employees is never a number that's brought up.

Benefits are always a good bonus. However, this doe's not make up for the minimum wage you get for such a physically and mentally draining work environment.
Pros
Benefits, front-line associates
Cons
Scheduling, pay, management
Worst place to work lots of empty promises
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville12 March 2018
Don't work for this company they don't deserve your hardwork or patience management gives less then a ****about you. If you work hard they tell you to do more work and if you work less you get warnings this company doesn't appreciate there workers management sits on there behinds and gets the bonuses you worked for and they didn't lift a finger. They promise you a bright future and pay raises but let's be honest there's no future there unless you brown nose and pay raises is 10 to 25 cents a year
Pros
Honestly none
Cons
Terrible hours, depressing, stressful empty promises
Excellent part-time job
Construction Materials and Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON12 March 2018
I had an excellent 4 years working at The Home-Depot and gained valuable skills from my time there. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to work part time and go to school since the scheduling is very flexible.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Understaffed
worked nightshift to re-set store four days of basically 12 hour shifts
Marchandiseur (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC,seven quebec stores and one in Ontario12 March 2018
Enjoyed working for Mosaic, we were responsable to improve the visual look this would improve sales by almost 15% for Home Depot. We would Re-set Eight Home Depot stores, our team was team of the year. Laval, Boisbriand,St-Jerome all the way to Gatineau and Orleans Ontario. Great job.
Pros
Hotel, travelling always a different Re-set
Cons
you must finish the visual presentation either full staff or half staff.
great place to work
Project Coordinator/expeditor (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC11 March 2018
best people and the best business practices i have ever had the privilege of working with. The staff on the floor is a huge loving family and the training you get there is bar none.
Pros
recognition for job well done and great benifits
Cons
over managed
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 March 2018
Amazing culture at Home Depot. They truly value their staff and treat them with respect and reward good work.

Every day is fun and enjoyable. Very fast phased
Pros
Good people
Cons
Work life Balance
Great Customer Service
Merchandising Execution Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 March 2018
Home Depot is a place where all employees become family.

A culture where they TakesCare of People, Good Benefits, Delivers on Great Customer Service; customers are #1, environmentally responsible and participate in communities.
Great place to work.
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB8 March 2018
Great place to work. Didn't like getting only every third weekend off. I did enjoy working at The Home Depot. Hours just didn't fit with my family life. I would work there again.
Humble, enjoyable work culture.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2018
My most favourite workplace. Easy-going colleagues, simple job requirements, physical activity. I learned how to rebuild interpersonal relationships with clients on a face-to-face basis. I had lost this while working on the phones and it was refreshing to see people actually smile at me or make eye contact while speaking to them.
Pros
Great work hours.
Cons
Sometimes the rush isn't well supported.
I liked working there very much
Returns Cashier, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2018
helping customers get their needs met, so they could be on their way.
Met many different people, and learned to be patience with difficult ones. It was an enjoyable place to work, I got on well with all my coworkers and managers. The most enjoyable part of the was helping and meeting new people.
Pros
benefits and meeting and dealing with different people
Cons
low pay and rude people
Decent place
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2018
Good place to start, worked as lot for almost a year. very hard physical work, you must be in shape to do it, no if or buts. you get pushed around a bit but the good days out-weigh the bad ones.
good environment to work
Shelf Maintainance Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2018
good place to work.
good team u work with.
mostly uwork with local residents.
hardworking people.
u learn lots of things.
enjoyable environment
Pros
free benifits
Cons
good environment
Target and in house tasking (all work - work)
Appliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 March 2018
Overall okay to start career as associate, nothing much to gain as in experience other than hourly wages. Growth is very limited and slow as per capability of an individual.
Pros
twice free lunch/dinner
Cons
less hours
Fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 March 2018
Not very stressful, as long as you like meeting with the general public. Hardest part of this job is getting used to the steel toes on a concrete floor.
Great
Receiver/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 March 2018
I enjoy working for Home Depot I start my day at 0700 hrs Mon to Friday.
Assess the receiving floor unlock the bay doors turn on computers to C3 and other Home depot sites used for my position. Coordinate my day with other personnel and associates. Calls needed to be answers as per delivery schedules and C3 deliveries. Trailers venders manage time and warehouse activities on a Dailey day. Following the Home Depot policies and values.

1.Taking care of our people
2.Giving back to our communities
3.Doing the right thing
4.Excellent customer service
5.Creating shareholder value
6.Building strong relationships
7.Entrepreneurial spirit
8.Respect for all people
Pros
Hours and people I work with are great
Cons
Its dusty in receiving
Excellent place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 March 2018
good first job
good place to work
not really a place to spend the rest of work life
pay isnt worth what they ask you if you are considered a veteran or experieced associate
but overall good work experience
Pros
good work environment
Cons
shifts are alll over themap
Good culture. Smart people.
Consumer Insights Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
Contract position, but I very much enjoyed it. Smart people and in my role I had exposure to all levels of the organization. They seemed to allow the changing of teams/responsibilities to keep things fresh which is a unique approach.
nto a good company to work for
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 March 2018
Supports managers that are not following culture.
Team members that you work with are the best part of the job.

Some room for advancement due to the high turnover over.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

511.3K