The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2018
The goal is to work hard for the customer so they have a great shopping experience. Small teams allow you to make an impact to the company's goals daily. Fresh and creative ideas are welcomed and challenged.
Don't Work Here
Sales Associate/MET Associate (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON3 April 2018
Not a great place to work. Constantly told you will advance in the company yet you are consistently held back. Management was brutal, all for one, no one worked together to better the work environment. Everyone is miserable all the time, it was always someone else's problem and management will do the least they can to help. The most enjoyable part of working there was punching out at the end of the day.
great place to work
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 April 2018
awesome job especially for students lots of room to advance great benefits. Great place for people looking for good hours and a strong company to believe in
benefits
Cons
inventory
Different learning opportunities everyday
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON2 April 2018
A typical work day is to come in and work 7 reports from orders processed from the day before. Continually answering calls and customer's questions, concerns and complaints, as well an answering any question other associates have in the store. Cashing customer out and processing returns. Building orders, as well as signing them out when customer's come in to pick up their orders, whether it is stock, special order, Buy Online Pick-up In Store, order online orders. It can be a fast paced environment in which one needs to multitask as well as prioritize each situation you come across. each day is a new day with different situations and scenarios, which allow you to learn and grow your customer service skills, problem solving and communication skills.
Benefits
Cons
Scattered Schedule
Stay at store level
Support Centre Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2018
I have been over 7 years with Home Depot and the experience at the store level was amazing, benefits are great and most managers are excellent, I started as an associate and made my way to supervisor, moved to the Head Office where I encountered an environment filled with politics and lack of support to supervisor level leadership specialy fro HR, they where focused on making the best for associates that had the potential to complaint, and the ones that where quiet and always "took the beating" where hold accountable much more, and this goes for the supervisor level as well, it definitely felt as mediocre People are being taken care of just to save some conflict.
Pros
Benefits, store environment
Cons
HR lack of support and constant focus on the wrong people
fun place to work with lots of moving up opportunities.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC29 March 2018
HD is a great company that knows how to take care of people internally ( associates) or externally ( customers)
this company has a lot to offer from an excellent benefit to opportunities for moving up.
Run Run Run
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB27 March 2018
worked as a customer service rep in the seasonal isle as part time. constantly told to keep helping the customer no matter the department but if I left my department to help a customer I would get in trouble for it. Promised lots of hours but I never got past 20 and the hours would always be at awkward times so i couldn't get a second one. took Cashier training to see if i could help cover some shifts to increase my hours only to be permanently moved to cash with the same hours as before.
Pros
paid training and you can milk it
Cons
they will lie to you about how much you can work.
Great work experience
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON26 March 2018
Love the associates and culture!
Treated with respect! they help you move up if you show effort and the wanting ot learn as well. not a toxic environment to work in at all
Great values and commitment to the community
Supervisor for Plumbing dept (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON26 March 2018
A typical day at work involves working has a team. unloading and loading trucks with products.
i am one of the managers on duty at night.
The hardest part is not having enough time to get all the jobs done.
But i am fully 100% commited my job and helping the community.
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
not enough staff to do all the work required in a day
Fun Workplace!
Specialty Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 March 2018
Overall great place to work, some days can be pretty hectic but if you're like me you enjoy being kept busy. Lots of heavy lifting involved so not appropriate for people needing accommodations.
Pathetic
Lot/Cash Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2018
Too much stress... Never enough support staff... Management was complete .. Erratic work hours... Racial discrimination... What a show... Would never work for again.
Poor everything
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2018
No work/home life balance
Rotational shifts
Poor management
No concern for mental health, stress, overwhelming feelings
Poor working environment
No feedback except for your review cycle
Bullying inside the workplace
Poor pay!!!!!
Way to much expected of you for the amount of money you make
Benefits
Cons
No work/ home life balance, bad pay, poor working environment
High Volume work environment
Manager, Broadcast and Content production (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2018
A high volume work environment that expects and delivers a best in class retail experience to both customers and their associates. The culture at The Home Depot is inclusive and offers opportunities to all.
Cash
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON25 March 2018
I loved the customers. But management and the way this business is being run was very poor. Would not recommend. Was treated poorly. no benefits. thumbs down
Pros
Cons
everything
Living the Values
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC25 March 2018
I don't have a typical work day, every day is different. I work with a great team who take care of the products and most importantly the Customer. The Management team is very supportive and cares about their people. We have a diverse culture and that I believe is the best part of the job. The hardest part is when you have too many sick calls and are unable to help customers fast enough.
Pros
Fun events - Pot Lucks, Barbeques, Pizza Day, Soup Day, etc
Cons
Technology fails
Great entry level career starter
Delivery Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2018
Home Depot is a place where I learned different skills and got the opportunity to obtain a Forklift license. Good work life balance! I enjoy working here for the most part.
All depends on management
Sales Associate / Pro-Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 March 2018
Overall, Home Depot is a nice place to work at. The hours are flexible and the job is generally rewarding and fun. Some departments require more labour and messy work however. The customers are generally kind and pleasant but there are some nasty people who can really get under your skin. The biggest issue has always been with management, from store managers all the way down to department supervisors. Far too many incompetent and unpleasant managers and it can really make or break your experience there.
Nothing at this time
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON24 March 2018
Nothing at this time. I do not wish to comment on my past employer for reasons of my own. I will say that overall, Home Depot is a great place to work. Just depends on the store you get into and the culture within it.
Management out of touch with Sales Associates
Part-Time Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 March 2018
Hard Work dealing with customers, meeting sales targets, stocking shelves, merchandising and maintaining good relations with other departments. Very little respect given to sales associates for other work experience that is used in the daily work. Supervisors and Assistant Managers are strictly looking after their own needs and very seldom help or assist with the daily duties on the floor. Wages are very low for the amount of work expected. This is one of the few companies that provides bonuses and benefits after one year service to part time workers. Culture is that they promote equality, environmental concern and care but do not practice this in reality. Hardest part is dealing with some of the directives that do not make sense from a remote head office in Toronto. Best part is dealing with contractors and the general public who appreciate your help and experience.
Pros
benefits and training
Cons
Promotion not on merit or hard work but "retail boys club
I enjoyed working with everyone and all the training
Cashier, Customer Service and Returns desk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 March 2018
I would work at the front cash of the store and greet the customers as they came in and left the store. I would do price checks and also worked at the Customer Service desk.
They are a great company to work for with Stock options and more
Pros
Great money and stocks
Cons
Slow at the cash at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

511.6K