The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Great entry level career starter
Delivery Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2018
Home Depot is a place where I learned different skills and got the opportunity to obtain a Forklift license. Good work life balance! I enjoy working here for the most part.
All depends on management
Sales Associate / Pro-Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 March 2018
Overall, Home Depot is a nice place to work at. The hours are flexible and the job is generally rewarding and fun. Some departments require more labour and messy work however. The customers are generally kind and pleasant but there are some nasty people who can really get under your skin. The biggest issue has always been with management, from store managers all the way down to department supervisors. Far too many incompetent and unpleasant managers and it can really make or break your experience there.
Benefits
Nothing at this time
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON24 March 2018
Nothing at this time. I do not wish to comment on my past employer for reasons of my own. I will say that overall, Home Depot is a great place to work. Just depends on the store you get into and the culture within it.
Management out of touch with Sales Associates
Part-Time Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 March 2018
Hard Work dealing with customers, meeting sales targets, stocking shelves, merchandising and maintaining good relations with other departments. Very little respect given to sales associates for other work experience that is used in the daily work. Supervisors and Assistant Managers are strictly looking after their own needs and very seldom help or assist with the daily duties on the floor. Wages are very low for the amount of work expected. This is one of the few companies that provides bonuses and benefits after one year service to part time workers. Culture is that they promote equality, environmental concern and care but do not practice this in reality. Hardest part is dealing with some of the directives that do not make sense from a remote head office in Toronto. Best part is dealing with contractors and the general public who appreciate your help and experience.
Pros
benefits and training
Cons
Promotion not on merit or hard work but "retail boys club
I enjoyed working with everyone and all the training
Cashier, Customer Service and Returns desk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 March 2018
I would work at the front cash of the store and greet the customers as they came in and left the store. I would do price checks and also worked at the Customer Service desk.
They are a great company to work for with Stock options and more
Pros
Great money and stocks
Cons
Slow at the cash at times
Great Employee Benefits
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2018
The Management at Home Depot especially the HR is very supportive of employees. The environment is a typical retail environment. People who work there are very helpful and friendly. But the varied shifts and hours can be tiring.
Simple Job- Not stressful
Freight Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 March 2018
Pros
Stock sharing
Cons
Overnight shifts
One of the best comapnies ever
Fullfillment (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 March 2018
I have nothing but good things to say about the company, great management, great people, great benefits and an amazing work environment! The management cares about its staff and clients that come into the building, they take great pride in what they do!
good environment to work around
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
could stick around for while.would recommend for new job or starting as your first job would definitely learn a thing or two.can't say much about pay its pretty much the same.
FREIGHT DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK19 March 2018
Night shift is often on the margin in this company, but my team and me managed to overcome that...
Lots of young people starting their career at Home Depot, so management should be more predispose to deal with that fact.
Lovely environment with great people!
Merchandise Execution Team (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 March 2018
I absolutely adored working here and loved everybody that I worked with! I miss them so much and was so sad to leave. the management was great to work with and were supportive of all associates.
An unhealthy environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC18 March 2018
It was a very catty and unhealthy place to work, so as soon as I found out I was mislead in the benefits I should receive, I gave my two weeks notice.
pretty good
PBX Operator/Vault and Nursery Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 March 2018
For the most part and positive place to work. Did have some issues around scheduling there for was moved from one department to another white management help me fit into each department that are working
Home Depot fun. Ewallen landscape fun trendway plumbing. 10 fun
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lincoln Neberaska18 March 2018
Customer service servicing product in bays learning to order product .Boss has no personality. Pritty good environment. Always learning new product..people I work with very nice. Landscape n excavation building pads for homes n retirement homes excavating land earned to survey management was good for few years then changed ..work place good hard part building Rockwall with excavator.. Like being outside.. Plumbing. Installing water mains sewer mains or services to buildings..learned to read dirt banks..management very Awsome was treated like family..work place culture team oriented..hardest part finding utilities in the ground..most enjoyable the whole company people worked together like family but company went out of buisness
Pros
Boss by lunch once in a while
Cons
Do t really have any
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 March 2018
stand at a till until customer purchase items. Learn how to approach customer and help customer find items. The hardest part of the job is to stand in 1 place in front of your till until your break
Pros
badges when given good customer service
Excellent first Job
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2018
I would highly recommend working at Home Depot if you have no previous job experience, They will guide you in your journey and make sure you are equipped for the job.

The staff is always amazing and it really teaches you have patience and various ways to respect other.

You will also pick up cool tricks on how to improve your home, garden and even cars believe it or not.

The staff are really diverse and you will be learning a lot from them.

Best of Luck.
Pros
Good Schedule, Friendly, Student friendly
Cons
Cashier Management
Fun work environment, great people to work with and a work life balance that is very reasonable
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC15 March 2018
During my time at Home Depot, it has been a wonderful experience learning and growing my skills in customer service and retail knowledge is valuable and can be useful in everyday life. The culture at Home Depot is comfortable and sociable where you can have open conversations in a safe work environment, which has always motivated me to work harder and smarter when it comes to working in home improvement industry which Home Depot is a big part of. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interactions I have with nice, social individuals who I can have a quick chat with to build a strong relationship with company and consumers. The hardest part of the job would be when it gets very busy especially during the summer season, the work is at a much faster pace which can be stressful at moments. Overall, the workplace is constant, the environment is friendly and especially the staff are friendly, informative, and there willingness to help every customer with their questions and concerns.
Pros
free lunches on every second Friday, a great work life balance, and compromises when it comes to school
Cons
Scheduling shifts can be annoying and inconsistent
Lots to learn. No growth, no family time.
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON15 March 2018
Home Depot is a great Builders' warehouse. There is much learning. Like a typical work place with lots of man power turn over, a horse and a donkey would be rated on similar scales. Very little scope for job advancement. Work schedules were never consistent and one would not know whether he or she is starting work or ending work.
Pros
Good health and dental benefits for full timers.
Cons
Uncertain shifts.
Generally a good place to work
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON15 March 2018
Working for this company has provided me with knowledge regarding numerous building materials and construction processes. The company provides the associates with the opportunities to learn about new products and they have the resources to answer any questions posed.
Fun place to work
Pack down Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 March 2018
Enjoyed working at home depot. Management was fair and interactive. People were fun to work with. Wage was good for the position I was in. Tried to advance to a better position, but not able to.
Pros
BBQ's
Cons
Not able to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

511.3K