The Home Depot Employee Review

View all The Home Depot reviews

Knowledge.
Dept. Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CA8 July 2013
From starting out as an associate and working my way up in to part of management I have learned every outlook about customer service from an associate, to a supervisor to an Assistant Store Manager and now I use that experience to ensure customers are well taking care of. The experience have made my days easier and more enjoyable.
Pros
Experience.
Cons
Health.

Other The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Good work environment with ability to advance in sales
Part-time associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON21 April 2018
The home depot culture is very strong and creates a good environment. There are many opportunities to get involves within the store and with the community through the Home Depot and they are almost always willing to cross train you. Cross training is beneficial in broadening your skill set as well as opening up the departments you can receive hours from.
Pros
Almost always able to pick up extra shifts when you want to work more
a little better than other retail jobs
Appliance Sales (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2018
Just mediocre, need it for paying your bills, hoping you'll move on from it soon. Mostly consists in standing on your feet all day long on a cement floor and walking up and down the aisles, up and down the ladder to get stock down and answering interminable questions.
Pros
Staff is quality people as they're carefully selected
Cons
Low wages that aren't consistent with the effort you put in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

511.3K