The Home Depot

Lot Attendant143 reviews
Canada143 reviews
Featured review
The Home Depot selected this as a representative review
I was made to feel comfortable by coworkers and management. All coworkers truly have my back in all situations. I love it. Most coworkers don’t have to be asked to help you they ALWAYS helped me with any questions I had about certain things
I currently work at the St. Catharines Home Depot. A lot has changed due to the recent COVID-19 crisis, yet I have to say that as a young adult that has worked many part-time and seasonal jobs that Home Depot is one of the best places out there to start building up some savings and experience for your CV.

Let's start with the positives about working at Home Depot;

+ The employees are good people

If you can prove yourself by showing that you'll willing to co-operate with everyone, do your part, and show proper initiative and work ethic, you'll quickly get on everyone's good side. Everyone from the management up realizes that every employee is in the same boat and that work is better for everyone when we can genuinely get along.

I haven't encountered a single employee there that I hated even a bit. That isn't to say that I am able to become "best friends" with everyone, but a good attitude, strong work ethic, and an open personality goes a long way in this job.

+ The vast majority of customers treat you right

I've heard many horror stories about retail, especially those involving encounters with Karens and Kyles alike. However, when it comes to Home Depot, many of the customers that come in are really decent folks.

If you show them that you understand what you're talking about when they ask you something, are willing to offer a helping hand even when not asked, or can simply hold a good conversation with someone, most of your interactions with customers will be really good.

I'd say that on average, you'll encounter one "Karen" or "Kyle" once a month,
 - more...
It was pretty good, they treated me well when my family passed away! Pay isn’t to good for the work you do, but lots of room to grow if you show up to work
Working at Home Depot was a great time for me, I wish I was still there. The employees at Skyview power center HD are very supportive, and hard working people, they truly proved it to me by showing me their work ethic and kindness. I hope to go back someday soon. So if you have the chance to work at Skyview Home Depot take it, even if it is temporary it will be good for you in the end.
Management is great, caring and if you are determined to learn and advance in position they will chaperone you up the mountain. Lots to take in however but once you get the basics you get the specifics as well.
Shift start til shift end was very positive. Employees went out of their way to ensure I had the help needed to do my job TEAM WORK
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist shoppers and

fulfill their needs
Staff are over worked and underpaid, you will not advance in the company if you are not a typical "Yes man" and you will constantly have your workload increased with no pay increase.
My store was a fairly good place to work. Everyone did a good job collaborating and getting tasks done efficiently. The management was good at solving problems that were employee or customer related. Overall a good place to work.
The people are great people they love working with other associates. Greatly balanced on the flexibility. Great place to meet others and make peoples day
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Home Depot?
Was a good job to bad it was on a seasonal contact, made good friends and it feels like a family atmosphere everyone is good and even the management but the workers first
Good place to work all a rond must be very custmer servis driven pepol are nice to work with manachment pritty anderstanding now your job do it welll ok
I spent my time over worked and under paid for the duty's of multiple employees with managers expecting more form one person.

I didn't mind the work my problem was with the managers.
Management was the worst I've ever seen, no one actually cared about anything, severely under staffed, no help, constant complaining, over worked. etc.
Been a lot associate at Home Depot for a couple years now and my time with the company will be coming to a end soon. Management looks down on you and stunts any chance of advancement that is limited to begin with. After 3 years you'll make the same as a brand new hire. There used to be a solid store culture but it has gone downhill in recent years. Lots of cutbacks for basic employee perks. Benefits are decent if you can get into a full time position.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, physical, limited room for advancement
Great place to work, tons of benefits and generally friendly work environment. The problem is the wide range of shift times, it's impossible to get used to the hours unless you're one of the few employees to get consistent time slots. Also, Lot Associates should expect to feel like the bottom of the food chain.
I worked there and idk if it was race related or me asking for my shift to be adjusted but they fired me without reason. Also take note of your hours because they will go into your personal time, even if you're a student.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Terrible management
Its a great job, they make sure that you are properly trained before you make it to the floor so expect that the first week will be in an office. If you open each day will start with a sort of rundown of what to expect and then a cheer (not my thing but other people seemed to like it). The store has its own community and in my stores case it felt like a friendly neighborhood where you see nearly everyone in all levels of management and if I ever had any concerns they were more than happy to help you out. It can be a little tough wearing steel toed shoes all day and standing on concrete floors so make sure to have good soles. I was always happy to go to work.
Pros
Safe and welcoming work environment
Cons
Lots of heavy lifting and you'r feet will hurt after every shift if you're not careful
very nice place to work. taught me all the basic things needed to interact with people and great customer service. good job to work at if going to school.
the people are very nice and teach you everything you will need to be successful. the work is not very hard and can be enjoyable. management is very nice and approachable if you have any problems or concerns about anything. the job can get more difficult when it gets busy but they always have an adequate amount of staff working so that the jobs are not impossible to get done. it is a very good company to join if you are a student or are new to the work force.
Pros
good job for any students
I was a student at the time and the extra spending cash i made was a great way to make sure i wasnt starving and an even better place to make some good friends but the wage and benefits weren't exactly the best for the workload given
descent place to work. i would not recommend staying for numerous years. but The Home Depot is a good place to earn valuable skills as customer service and machine operations, such as the Forklift