The Home Depot Employee Reviews for Lot Attendant

Good employee benefits and workplace
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 June 2018
It was a great time working in The home depot as lot associate. The management and staffs as so friendly and supportive but due to some reason i had to leave from there. and now im looking for an overnight job.
Eh
LOT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 June 2018
Micromanagent present
Lazy co-workers
Always understaffed during closing shifts
Refuses to fix broken equipment/ get new equipment that will make job easier
Its a good job
Shawville Blvd S.E. - Lot Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2018
Opening
a lot of sweeping the front lot or standing at your till waiting
once it picks up its generally consistent work until around 7 at night were it slows down
closing
after a certain time depending on the season there are next to no customers in the store and you find small tasks that you can do to pass the time

The best part of the job was interacting with pleasant co workers and management as well as the interaction with customers and the relationship you can build with regulars

The worst part was closing on a cold day because there would be no customers and as a cashier customers are your whole job and you can only sweep the areas around your till so many times

The workplace had a good supportive environment that encouraged additional training and responsibility
Pros
lots of training potential, consistent paid breaks
Cons
very condensed time for work, busy during the day, near empty at night and morning
it was a unique enviroment with decent management
Lot Worker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON3 May 2018
good work environment and productive work the company has good management and does good work would recommend to anyone serious about learning about business as this is a vary large company and there is room for growth
Lot Associate
Temporary Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2018
As a former (temporary) lot associate for Home Depot, all I can say is that you are basically the slave drivers for all the departments. If one or the other departments are experiencing problems they'll just call a lot associate which is completely fine it my book, but when it gets to the point where they're making you do simple stuff it just amounts to a lot of work compared to a cashier.

Don't get me wrong I loved the people I worked with at home depot, it was just my job title of "temporary lot associate" that has me biased against work experience.

Other than that Home Depot is a decent place to work at, but depending on if you're part-time expect to see a big drop in hours after June-July because that's when Home Depot starts to slow down.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay and hours
Welcoming and friendly
lot associate/Cashier/Service desk associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 April 2018
has the same downsides as most retail jobs, however the associates are close knit and really keep the atmosphere nice to work in.

managment really appreciates when you go the extra mile and shows it. The are very good at handling sensitive issues like health accommodations and harassment issues.
Pathetic
Lot/Cash Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2018
Too much stress... Never enough support staff... Management was complete .. Erratic work hours... Racial discrimination... What a show... Would never work for again.
Decent place
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2018
Good place to start, worked as lot for almost a year. very hard physical work, you must be in shape to do it, no if or buts. you get pushed around a bit but the good days out-weigh the bad ones.
Good Workplace
Lot Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB14 February 2018
The management is not intrusive and there is no typical day. Your day revolves around what the customers need at the current time, the work changes a lot depending on the time of year.

The hardest part of the job would be the physical nature of the job, if you can not walk long distances or lift heavy products the jpb may not be for you.
Fun place to work
Lot Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2018
Very fun to work out, always stuff to do, staff very fun, managers very good, always are willing to help and are their to help with any problems, exciting job

Want to know more about The Home Depot?

Ask a question
Great staff
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON27 January 2018
Arrive to work, get ready, clock in and start my day. Walk outside to assist every customer i possible can with the biggest smile on my face. After thank them.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Management is iffy
A good work place
Lot Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 January 2018
A friendly and good place to work... working with amazing people and helping customers get what they want. The Home Depot also helps improve your skills in the Job that you do
Pros
work benefit, working with amazing people and helping customers
Cons
no specific goal to meet
Friendly work environment.
Lot Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2017
In my time working for the Home Depot I have been pleasantly surprised by the friendly and overall family oriented staff. I was warmly welcomed into my job and shown plenty of assistance and guidance.
Fun and Good people
Cashier, Lot Associate, Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB28 November 2017
Working here was fun for the time being, I built great relationships with both customers and employees. Leaders in the work place are respectable, you always serve the customer, and try to go beyond expectations to make yourself, your leaders and customers happier.
Fun place to work
Lot associate (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 September 2017
The Home depot is very good place to work, and the management is very good. I learned a lot from this job, and loved working with the people. The hardest part of the job is when there is no customers in the store.
Pros
Every associate is happy to work there
Cons
It can be slow at times
na
lot associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
nothing much to say worked here part time the hours are inconsistent and part time is required to work every weekend which was an overall pain in my side
Lot/Cashier
Lot Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
Customer service for all carry out. Pushing the carts back inside the store. Cleaning the lot. Line up cashier support. Pick up the materials to the customer's special orders.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Short hours
Friendly and fun place to work
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 September 2017
Really nice to work as a part time or as a student who need work during school period. Safe and friendly work environment makes everyone works safely as well as some fun.
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 August 2017
amazing learning experience took skills with me that i still use today. As a young student i found this job kept me very active and busy never had any bad experiences
Not fun , bad training
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2017
Didn't have a good time at all was very bad training and never listens to my availability. Was not s good experience and I recommend finding differnt employment
Pros
Subway in the store
Cons
Didn't listen to availability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

512.1K