The Home Depot

Customer Service Representative179 reviews
Canada179 reviews
Featured review
The Home Depot selected this as a representative review
I was made to feel comfortable by coworkers and management. All coworkers truly have my back in all situations. I love it. Most coworkers don’t have to be asked to help you they ALWAYS helped me with any questions I had about certain things
Awesome people feels like family the health benifits are amazing better then any where else. Many opportunities to move around other departments this company cares for the people
recently a cashier at the Langley location contracted Covid 19 from her interactions with customers no action or compensation given to her. Department managers show zero concern for staff. no security - a shoplifters haven
Pros
Lots of team building efforts - staff socials
Cons
poor pay high demand no chance for promotion - no health protection
Working there is great and calm. The environment is very friendly and people and senior associates are very helpful. Flexible schedules and working hours.
it's a nice environment with friendly people. not easy to grow a career there. you get to learn more on your own by watching, observing, and searching tools.
Productive and challenging environment with a great opportunity of learning and growth
The most enjoyable part is the work culture and people who are very helpful and always accommodating
Nice place to work and people working there were really cool. Ease of working and we can swap shifts. It was fun working there. I would the company is best service oriented.
The schedule changes every week or two weeks regardless if you are full time. That was very hard to schedule any other life activities around. They provide a great clean place to work, but they also don't pay great and there are basically no employment benefits.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Home Depot?
Although it's suitable for flex hours management is very cliquey and uneducated lacking in management skills. Very subjective performance review and promotions to the discretion of superior. Great atmosphere with flex hours for lifestyle balance between work and home; however, direct supervisor was inexperienced in management and lacking in communication skills.
Want a good job allways had to be at work even tho very sick pay was bad staff not good tp work with. I wouldnt work there again. Not a fun placestaff stand a around
Milton Home Depot was a great experience. Staff worked as a team. Leadership was great. Still in touch with people I worked with.
Transferred to Peterborough Home Depot. Totally opposite experience. Us vs them mentality between management and staff. Too many examples of “friends “ of management being promoted over hard working people who had more experience . Incredible double standard.

the effort
Management was rude and unprofessional and were quick to point fingers to save themselves from looking bad in any way. It was an experience I wouldn't hope any to encounter in their workplace.
- I learned to understand people around me.
- It a fast workplace

- The have great management but sometimes the head manager will say something and the supervisor will change it and you get in trouble

- the hardest part of the job was Customer

- the most enjoyable, was the work environment
I do recommend it however thru only dl or consider what corporate in Atlanta tells them. No room for innovation. Training is excellent and department focused. You will know your stuff! Mgt and staff at my store at just plain excellent!
I help to the customers when they want to use their home depot card or about the price of one product. I help to the people who need assistance to pick up heavy or big goods to put in their car. I receive products that the customers want to return, I verified the products and if it is ok and in the time so then I return their money.
It was really fun working here during the summer. Fast-paced and helps you be active. This is a very physical job, always walking, re-stocking, facing up the shelves and climbing the ladders to carry more stock down to the area but the hours just fly! And to be able to help the many customers with their various projects and problem is wonderful! We have regulars who just pop over to say Hi when they're in the store or bring friends over for us to help. Not every customer is a pleasure but the ones who do sure put a smile on my face!!
Retail environment that specializes in the home renovation business. You can learn a lot about home reno's at this company and either continue with your job at Home Depot or parlay this knowledge into something different like contractors.
I found that the work environment was great, people are great, but the actual job is stressful. Because it gets so busy, you are stressed to help everyone out. Normally I'm pretty good with that, but here it became TOO busy. There are sometimes not enough people working in your department and you have to answer all peoples questions, bring people to what they're looking for, answer the phone, do orders on the computer, and cut blinds, etc for them too. It is more fast paced then they lead you to believe. But the company is GREAT! If it wasn't so stressful I would've enjoyed it a lot more.
enjoyed working and meeting new people. The hardest part was to
learn where all the product was in the store. Working with the staff and

management was great, had lots of fun.
Home depot is great for staff helping each other out. They are a team effort company and if there is a problem there is always help to assist you. A good team player company