The Home Depot Employee Reviews for Cashier

Very productive and helpful workplace with excellent people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC17 May 2018
Very productive and helpful workplace with excellent people, always made it easy to ask questions, left no real ambiguity to what tasks were required. It was a great place for me to gain work experience.
It was always a great environment and I loved my coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON14 May 2018
Working at the Home Depot as a cashier you are used to a fast pace environment, and thats what I loved about it. I learned about the company products and telling our customers what we offered; for example our Home Depot card! I loved meeting new people day in and day out and also loved seeing our regulars come in. The hardest part about being a cashier is standing there for so many hours, and not being allowed to move around.
Pros
payday lunches
Cons
management
Great place to work.
Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 April 2018
excellent work environment, management is very helpful, so many departments to work and learn things and meet clients and help them with there goals. day goes by pretty fast.
Cash
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON25 March 2018
I loved the customers. But management and the way this business is being run was very poor. Would not recommend. Was treated poorly. no benefits. thumbs down
Pros
Cons
everything
An unhealthy environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC18 March 2018
It was a very catty and unhealthy place to work, so as soon as I found out I was mislead in the benefits I should receive, I gave my two weeks notice.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 March 2018
stand at a till until customer purchase items. Learn how to approach customer and help customer find items. The hardest part of the job is to stand in 1 place in front of your till until your break
Pros
badges when given good customer service
Cons
Fun work environment, great people to work with and a work life balance that is very reasonable
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC15 March 2018
During my time at Home Depot, it has been a wonderful experience learning and growing my skills in customer service and retail knowledge is valuable and can be useful in everyday life. The culture at Home Depot is comfortable and sociable where you can have open conversations in a safe work environment, which has always motivated me to work harder and smarter when it comes to working in home improvement industry which Home Depot is a big part of. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interactions I have with nice, social individuals who I can have a quick chat with to build a strong relationship with company and consumers. The hardest part of the job would be when it gets very busy especially during the summer season, the work is at a much faster pace which can be stressful at moments. Overall, the workplace is constant, the environment is friendly and especially the staff are friendly, informative, and there willingness to help every customer with their questions and concerns.
Pros
free lunches on every second Friday, a great work life balance, and compromises when it comes to school
Cons
Scheduling shifts can be annoying and inconsistent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 March 2018
If they got rid of a couple of the management Home Depot would be a good place to work. The Floor staff were really awesome to work with they made things fun. They the floors staff also cared how you were feeling.
day ay work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL2 March 2018
it was good at first. some of the wokers were really rude especially when i was pregnant. sometimes i did not get enough hours. the other workers were very friendly.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
not enough hours
Consistent Hours
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON28 February 2018
Management unprofessional but the hours are consistent. Not very flexible and training is adequate at least until you get on the floor. Must be able to provide full flexibility on the weekends.
Great management, great co-workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 February 2018
Everyone is great here, and most customers are actually in a good mood, which is a pleasant surprise compared to most retail settings! Management is understanding when you're sick or have an emergency, most accommodating and understanding management I've ever had. Only complaint is the flip flop of typical part time hours, one day you're up at 5:30 AM to get to your shift at 7 AM, the next day you end at 10 PM, not the best for keeping on a schedule but overall great place to work!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Part time scheduling
Great management and team to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2018
If you are looking forward to go to a work everyday then this is the place you would really enjoy and want to work. Very friendly team members, supervisors and management. You will forget about any other worries in life when you work there
excellent place to work with rewards for every achievement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  edmonton3 February 2018
Excellent place to work.All associates are helpful. cooperative and follows the value of the company,ie, afety for customers and everyone and do the right things.
Pros
Excellentatmosphere
Cons
Do not find any
n/A
A Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 January 2018
Not to sure it was a long time ago when i was there so I cant remember too much about it. It was a job that i needed for the time. I did enjoy it there.
Enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 January 2018
This company was very concerned with our health and security. The Home Depot community is like a family, as they are all heart warming and welcoming. I was able to hone some cashier skills as well as make some life long friends.
Pros
Benefits, School Grants Program
A fun relaxed work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON23 January 2018
Working at the Home Depot was a great job. The cashiers are treated with respect, and there is always an effort on the managers part to reduce line-ups.
Working at Home Depot
Part Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 January 2018
Working at The Home Depot as a cashier was the first part time job I ever had, besides babysitting. I gained work experience and learned about customer service. I learned about helping the customers that came to the store, and working alongside other employees to make sure that work ran smoothly.
Pros
Very understanding bosses
Cons
There were many long hours
fun place to work
Special Services Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 January 2018
It's great talking to customers and finding out about the projects they are working on. Management support growth within the company. When you don't know the answer to a question, you are allowed to google it.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
hours are variable
Very friendly
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON2 January 2018
home depot offers great benefits to employees. Part time employees are eligible for benefits. Company shares are offered. Company will work with you on availability
Pros
benefits for part time
Cons
open early closed late
Best place to work with great mind but pay is very low
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 December 2017
I am working here and started as lot and cashier . It was good place to work in . Then they taught me departments and I started getting shifts but i was still on paper i was lot associate they were not able to find someone for lot so they kept on using me even when i was working as sales that was ok for me i love to work but at basic pay i dont think its worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

511.6K