The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Very productive and helpful workplace with excellent people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC17 May 2018
Very productive and helpful workplace with excellent people, always made it easy to ask questions, left no real ambiguity to what tasks were required. It was a great place for me to gain work experience.
Great work environment
Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 May 2018
The best part of this job is the people. If customer service is your thing, anyone can be great at this job. The management style I found to be effective and upward mobility a possibility. But this is not a long-term job. As the pay and benefits are minimal and the work culture can start to get contaminated after too many years of being on the front line.
Pros
Active Social committee
Cons
Hard on the body working shift work on a cement floor.
fun
Sales Associate ( Part-time ) - Canada (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 May 2018
Good place to work as part time. can learn a lot. but if you are looking for career growth it is not the place. better place for students and part time job seekers.
Pros
fellow workers
Cons
low pay
It was always a great environment and I loved my coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON14 May 2018
Working at the Home Depot as a cashier you are used to a fast pace environment, and thats what I loved about it. I learned about the company products and telling our customers what we offered; for example our Home Depot card! I loved meeting new people day in and day out and also loved seeing our regulars come in. The hardest part about being a cashier is standing there for so many hours, and not being allowed to move around.
Pros
payday lunches
Cons
management
I liked working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 May 2018
They taught you the information you needed to know for your job but then you were given a lot of independence with expectation that you would help customers and complete daily tasks
Bonne introduction a la vie active
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenfield Park, QC10 May 2018
Bon centre de formation sur les relations clients et les produits vendus. Cependant, la qualité et l'environnement de travail ne permettent pas une planification d'une carrière qualitative.
Pros
café gratuit, bonne couverture maladie
Cons
salaire trop bas
Friendly environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON10 May 2018
A great place to build longtime customer relations. Must be available to do shifts. Variable scheduled hours. Weekend work. Ability to move between departments is a great learning experience.
Benefits
Cons
working shifts.
It was an okay experience
Paint Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 May 2018
It was overall okay work experience, however they do pick and choose their favourites. Management, sometimes needs another checking in to not all managers are meant to be managers.
Fun place to work.
Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC9 May 2018
Working as cashier with Home Depot was interesting as the Associates work In several different departments lumber, seasonal and the front end. I found working in lumber to be the hardest as it is the busiest area in the store. I especially enjoyed working in spring and summer seasonal with all the flowers, shrubs and trees of which I learned a lot.
Overall, not bad
HEAD CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan9 May 2018
Overall not a bad place to work, not very flexible in scheduling as you have to be 100% available on weekends, but not bad other than that. Not a lot of room for advancement, good luck getting promoted. Even after years of hard work there is a good chance someone else is getting that promotion.
Pros
Free food often, awesome Christmas party
decent
Front end Manager (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC9 May 2018
Benefits were good, but the lack of of communication and structure is what brought me to decide to leave this company. Most of the staff are amazing to work with.
Overall good place to work
HEAD CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 May 2018
Good company, good corporate culture, super inclusive and diverse. Not a lot of room for advancement, only a select few actually get promotions and they sometimes hire externally even when there are a ton of super qualified, trained employees wanting the promotion. Corporate is like that. Not the greatest if you want quick advancement and lots of opportunity, but amazing benefits and overall some great people.
Pros
Free lunch and food very often, booking time off at Christmas was pretty easy as their busy season is summer
Cons
Schedule not very flexible, no room for advancement
worst management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 May 2018
Super Racist company i ever worked for in canada...its actually not a company but managers..Racism at peek at Saanich location..Go and see yourself who are Asst Managers and all supervisors. Avoid working at this particular location unless you are good at licking and doesn't really care for career advancement. I personally have wasted a year here thinking one day they will recognize my hard work and I will get my prize. Work at gas station or any fast food location if you really need work.
AVOID this location unless its a death and life situation.
Pros
Colligues
Cons
Management, Politics
Good company
Electrical/Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 May 2018
Low Pay
Difficult to advance
Reluctant to hire full time.
Very hard workers are rewarded however.
i enjoyed working there.
very nice people
very good corporate culture
Can we build it - Yes we can!
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
Great place to work. Yonge, talented and multicultural team. Great place to learn and grow. They will schedule all training for you, you just need to attend and willing to learn. Many long term employees however company is growing and expending, new employees joying team every week. So if you are on the market, try your best to get a job interview with HD eCommerce, you won't regret.
Pros
Location, gym, business hours
Cons
many oversea contract workers
Minumum wage no staff discounts, no raises!
Merchandising Associate P/T (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 May 2018
Minumum wage no staff discounts, no raises! Okay for kids living at home, but not if you need to make a decent wage. too many bosses constantly changing your instructions. Would NOT recommend.
Pros
Cons
minimum wage with no riases.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 May 2018
you will learn team building skills. i suggest you to become a seasonal associate and join the recovery team. you'll get to drive a forklift, work outside in the air and do fun stuff.
it was a unique enviroment with decent management
Lot Worker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON3 May 2018
good work environment and productive work the company has good management and does good work would recommend to anyone serious about learning about business as this is a vary large company and there is room for growth
Department Supervisor
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2018
It's a fantastic company to work if you love to deal with customers on an everyday base. Culture, demographics, and diversity are beautiful at home depot.

Salary and benefits are average for supervisor. Schedule restrictions and flexibility is not very good for supervisor role. Work-life balance is an issue but overall is an excellent company to work for due to the vision of senior leadership team.
Would work for them again
Millwork Associate P/T, and various departments (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 May 2018
You learn so much from them. You are not limited to one part of a career you can start by learning a little about all. All you can do is ask the question.
Pros
Great Management when I worked there
Cons
I had to move on to higher pay and full time hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

511.6K