The Home Depot

Canada349 reviews

Found 349 reviews matching the searchSee all 59,228 reviews
associatecrossstoredepartmentminimumtrainingsupportivemonth

great job security

Management could be better, but the home depot offers great job security considering its retail. The service desk position should be paid more, as you do orders for all the other departments.

Good Starting job

worked as a cashier and it was fun, everybody seemed to enjoy each others company. only con would be having to stand up all day, not even allowed to lean in your uncomfortable shoes they force you to wear without getting yelled at.

Insights into The Home Depot

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great company to work for

The team care about each other, the company pays well, and you get to grow and learn new skills. They maintain a clean and safe environment, and try their best to accommodate you if you have any concerns.Some of their benefits include: profit sharing, dental, vision, and you can purchase home depot stocks.

Stressful

Very stressful work environment. Special treatment given to some. Bullying is allowed. Most staff un-happy. Very clique like environment and not a great team mentality.

Pros

Fair to work within your limitations

Cons

Not a kind work environment

Lot associate

terrible job, physically demanding lots of walking required, rude customers, bad management. Pushing carts through hot and cold weather would not recommend

Pros

free food, freedom

Cons

Tedious walking, physically demanding

For a beginning job not so bad but dont expect to move up in the management.

Very stressful job required you to stand your entire shift. Managers were very strict about pushing credit cards and if you did not get the required number of credit cards they would lecture you.

N/a

A typical day at work is different every day as each customer can be and are different. They teach a culture of great customer service and servant leadership.

okay

okay place to work, average kind of home appliance/improvement store. popular spot so usual busy all day round, customer service is #11, training is well done to prepare you, friendly staff.

Harder then needed to be

Too many people in management and /or manager rolls with different ways to work. One manager would say to do something an exact way and then the next one would tell u something different yet computer training every month says to do it differentthen what the managers tell u and is frustrating. NO GUARANTEED HOURS AT ALL even though my interview I was informed minimum of 16 hours a week and 24/7 availability buy they couldn't accommodate employees working a specific day or days in a week resulting in life balance such as child care if u have kids near impossible to plan to work around.

Good place to work. lots of hours. good culture

Good place to work. Lots of hours. Good culture. They take care of their people better than most. lots of room to advance if you have a good work ethic.

Fun if you have like minded colleagues. Busy

Good place to work if you have like minded colleagues. Pay isn't great and training and support would be a benefit. Management lack any real ability to run the store efficiently and lack the skills to keep morale high.

Usually relaxed sometimes stressful.

The job itself isn’t too hard, there is a lot of dead time, but when it gets busy it can get really fast-paced and stressful if understaffed. Management is for the most part pretty good, they usually don’t care too much which is good if you’re slacking, but not if you want to get noticed or are needing their help urgently. Best part about the job is the people you work with.

Positive environment with opportunities for growth

I worked here over the summer as a cashier, coworkers were great and management was good except for being a bit scattered sometimes. Many opportunities to cross train and advance.

Home Depot is a prejudiced place to work unless you are deemed a favourite The expectations put on employees is unrealistic.

I worked there for over 5 years and saw people being “labelled” by upper management. It is a toxic environment. I would not recommend working there. Ty

Good for beginners but no career advancement

Generally good for a first job and for students but there are no career advancement opportunities when starting at store level. The hours are ok for students.

Pros

Tuition Reimbursement

Cons

No advancement. Favortisim

Night shift stocker

If u know what your doing its not bad. But if u have questions or expect to be trained they say they will when it slows down but never get to it. Expect u to know things when no one trained u. Sometimes their stress gets the best of management. Luckily other employees will help if u ask nicely.

Pros

Lots of time on your feet

Cons

Always being told we are behind

Nice experience

Good company to work m..very supportive and friendly...good people...like working here as they are flexible with shifts and train you so well that you can be prepared for their work.

Satisfying and plenty of room for growth.

Solid management and excellent co-workers. Great job if you like assisting customers in their projects, sharing your knowledge and finding solutions.

Great work culture at Scarborough ellesmere location

People are great. Managers and supervisors are nice. Pay is minimum or slightly more. Feet and legs hurt from standing all day but it’s fun to work there. It feels like a community. Like you’re back in high school and you see your friends everyday. Customers can be bad. Mean sometimes. So customer service and cashiers get the brunt of this. Lots of ongoing training. I highly recommend.

A nice place to work, but stressful!

This is my second job. Comparing this job to my first job is like night and day (keep this in mind as I do bias my current job). The Home Depot is a pretty nice place to work. Most of the managers are laid-back and very friendly. Where I work (the front desk), it can get extremely, extremely stressful at times (mainly because the scheduling can be so bad, or super packed), so a backlog of customers can really hit you. I mostly blame the stress of my job on the customers, but my co-workers are very friendly, and we have plenty of time to socialize. Our systems aren't the best, and it seems like the rules and regulations we use change every other week, so we always need to adapt to these. As for benefits, we get a benefits card a month into the job (part-time or full-time) which is really nice. Overall, The Home Depot (depending on where you work), is pretty nice, laid-back, and will allow you to dip your toes into the stress of a 9-5.

Decent workplace with wfh option

The company has friendly collegues ,but the work hours are very long. My current team does not have a structured promotion path which means a lot of lateral moves but not a lot of upwards opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement