The Hillman Group

The Hillman Group Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Satisfactory
Nice place to work. Management was good easy to work with as well as colleagues. The pay was just low compared to the amount of work that needed to be done.
Managements
Hillman Group is a good company to work with they are helpful and also give great guidance. I would always recommend them to anyone looking for great opportunity
Just don’t
Really not worth the kind of stress and over work at all. If you value your back and sanity I would say keep looking and wait for something else to come along
Worst company ever
It’s the worst company ever. You don’t know what you should do. Be prepared everything you did wouldn’t be appreciated. The stupid person says you are stupid and the messy department complaints you are messy. But if you do and say nothing, you are safe.
Terrible place to work.
Terrible work environment, very dirty, unsafe & no ventilation!!! They have meeting every morning to complain about what a terrible job everyone is doing. All they care about is how fast you can work, and even than they expect you to work like a machine.
Chilled out and easy paced work with some office politics and departmental politics
Not a bad place to work if you're looking for chilled day at work, social and amicable people, however office politics is a big part of the work culture if you can figure that out in the first place. Subtle politics is always at play in the background, need to create contacts if interested in progress and get out of otherwise repitetive work...
Its a good work environment
Its a good work environment, good work culture, the hardest part of the job is that you may handle heavy loads, the people its very kind, and the management is very supportive.
Pros
Work without much pressure
Cons
Salary
Dont work here
Worst company ever. The manager for sales in the Edmonton branch is the worst I have ever seen. Shes rude and is a micro manager. I quit even I worked in the warehouse. Shes impossible to work with , rude to staff members and customers..
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Hillman Group?
Great learning experience
Working one summer at The Hillman Group taught me how to collaborate with an older audience effectively, work longer shifts and increase my level of time management. It was a valuable learning experience that I am grateful for.
Standard warehouse labour work
A labourer would typically help prepare items on order to be shipped I learned how warehouses generally operate, the management was great and the co-workers were people good to work with and chat with on breaks
Pros
Great workplace culture
Cons
Some overtime needed although not mandatory
Challenging but enjoyable job
As controller of 6 companies I had many responsibilities which I enjoyed. The workplace environment was relaxed and my boss was very supportive and trusted me to look after his business affairs.
Commissioned Sales Agent
Tough to get support and help, When the office is in Pickering,Ontario. Management was more focused with Eastern Canada than out West.
Pros
Independance
Cons
Having to rely on help from far away