The Hi-Tech Gears Canada logo

The Hi-Tech Gears Canada Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.5Pay & benefits

great benefits!

When I joined this company I felt the pay was a bit low, however there are so many other forms of pay like overtime, shift premium , bonus and more which made my package a real good one! Once you are here that's it, you dont need to look elsewhere as there are no unreasonable layoffs very happy to work here. Would recommend friends and family and anyone else looking for a job!

Pros

benefits and other forms of pay, straight shifts

Cons

cant think of one

Career Growth

This is a great place to work. Excellent growth opportunities for starters. I joined as a machine operator and within 3 months I was promoted for another position with raised salary. I enjoy my work with the all time support and guidance from my manager and supervisors. Couldnt have gotten a better opportunity.

Pros

growth opportunities, career advancement

Cons

sometimes long hours of work

Great people...Great culture!

Amazing people...feels home away from home! I worked there for quite sometime, never had any issues with the management or co-workers. I wish I could go back. I loved my work. They provide lots of incentives and other forms of pay other than the base salary. Amazing benefits.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

at times stressful but provide support

Great place to work!

Good place to work, good culture, cooperative management. The co-workers are really friendly and ready to help and provide support whenever needed. Talent is recognized and employees are given opportunities to grow. Competitive salary.

Pros

advancement opportunities, competitive salary

Cons

no remote work

Productive and Fun working

Overall great place to work, work is not stressful rather it is a fun. Incredible career growth and support from management to all who deserves. Some of the old employees who think they know everything, trying to dominate always. They think new comers specifically new immigrants or qualified employees are garbage. They are always trying to spoil the culture otherwise great company to work for and kind management to absorb the things. Recently got raise in salary even it's tough time for business.

Pros

Big opportunity to grow with the company

Cons

Still looking for

No Job security

They hire on a contract basis and sometimes the HR calls and says "there is no work, so please don't come" and there goes your weekly salary !!! They will make you leave the job on your own when they have less work. When they have a hike in work they hire. I could find only a few people who were working long term, and all others joined recently. Only some get to work overtime.

Pros

No special skills needed

Cons

No job security

Typical auto factory

Enjoyed working with the production employees and the setup techs and the production supervisors. We all solved Quality and Production Issues together. It's the usual "It needs to be done now!" type atmosphere in an automotive setting. Could be very stressful for production employees and front line staff. Always; Go! Go! Go! The employees attitudes were always the best thing about working there; they could always make you happy with their smiles. QA Manager was always barking orders.....

Pros

Shop floor Employees;

Cons

Working on weekends was always expected, no merit raises for over 5 years, stress of the always continuing deadlines.

Jobs at The Hi-Tech Gears Canada