The Hi-Tech Gears Canada logo
The Hi-Tech Gears Canada

The Hi-Tech Gears Canada Employee Reviews

great benefits!

When I joined this company I felt the pay was a bit low, however there are so many other forms of pay like overtime, shift premium , bonus and more which made my package a real good one! Once you are here that's it, you dont need to look elsewhere as there are no unreasonable layoffs very happy to work here. Would recommend friends and family and anyone else looking for a job!

Pros

benefits and other forms of pay, straight shifts

Cons

cant think of one

Very bad place to work

Horrible place to work. Management doesn't care about the people that have been there for a long time. Promotions are given to fresh hires or friends of theirs. Supervisors are oblivious to everything. Multiple covid out breaks because they don't enforce the rules and all of the new people don't follow it anyways. Pay is not good for people that actually work and know stuff. Management is constantly lying to the workers and customers, no respect for anyone. I would not recommend this place to any body. They will do or say anything to make themselves look good on paper.

Career Growth

This is a great place to work. Excellent growth opportunities for starters. I joined as a machine operator and within 3 months I was promoted for another position with raised salary. I enjoy my work with the all time support and guidance from my manager and supervisors. Couldnt have gotten a better opportunity.

Pros

growth opportunities, career advancement

Cons

sometimes long hours of work

Great people...Great culture!

Amazing people...feels home away from home! I worked there for quite sometime, never had any issues with the management or co-workers. I wish I could go back. I loved my work. They provide lots of incentives and other forms of pay other than the base salary. Amazing benefits.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

at times stressful but provide support

Great place to work!

Good place to work, good culture, cooperative management. The co-workers are really friendly and ready to help and provide support whenever needed. Talent is recognized and employees are given opportunities to grow. Competitive salary.

Pros

advancement opportunities, competitive salary

Cons

no remote work

Productive and Fun working

Overall great place to work, work is not stressful rather it is a fun. Incredible career growth and support from management to all who deserves. Some of the old employees who think they know everything, trying to dominate always. They think new comers specifically new immigrants or qualified employees are garbage. They are always trying to spoil the culture otherwise great company to work for and kind management to absorb the things. Recently got raise in salary even it's tough time for business.

Pros

Big opportunity to grow with the company

Cons

Still looking for

Not a well run company

Part of a mass layoff after they over hired while the government was subsidizing wages. Getting rid of longer term employees to keep lower paid lower skilled imported labour. No health and safety. Management knows little about employee motivation, relationships, or creating a positive work environment. Coworkers and help staff are ok although mostly miserable. Turnover is high. If you are currently employed, don’t leave your job for this place as most of their appeal turns out to be smoke and mirrors. A safe landing spot for people fired from linamar or new Canadians looking to get their PR cards.

Pros

Free Covid 19 antibodies from getting sick while working there.

Cons

Too many to list. Stay away

Dumpster Fire

Over the past few years it has gone downhill. Employees are treated poorly. Profit and parts are more important than health and safety. There have been 3 or 4 covid outbreaks over the past year but there is always someone off sick between official outbreaks. The front office is filled with cons and frauds and liars. Having a backbone and speaking up about things that are wrong will get you fired or laid off. Most departments are under qualified and watered down so there isn’t much help on the floor. Property is dirty and unkept.

Pros

Easy to get a PR card if you will work for minimum wage

Cons

Dirty, unhealthy environment, bad management, engineers with no degrees

No Job security

They hire on a contract basis and sometimes the HR calls and says "there is no work, so please don't come" and there goes your weekly salary !!! They will make you leave the job on your own when they have less work. When they have a hike in work they hire. I could find only a few people who were working long term, and all others joined recently. Only some get to work overtime.

Pros

No special skills needed

Cons

No job security

Poor morale poor management

Typically trained for 10 minutes on a new job. I had no previus machine exp. Get yelled at for making bad parts. Their wasn’t many leadhand or quality or maintenace to help out. Management lies and dint know what their doing. Workers are unhappy. The hardest part of the job was making the rates waiting on help and inserts. They say quality over rates but mean the oposite. Most enjoyable part of the night was venting with other people at breaks and clocking out

Jobs at The Hi-Tech Gears Canada

See more jobs

I worked as CNC machine operator

It was my wonderful experience as I operate CNC machines for the first time in my life. I learned many things includes fixing the problem in machine, co-operation with other co-workers.

hired at the wrong time

a friend got me an interview, got hired. worked for a week and got fired over a message on my phone. never got told i did a bad job, just down sizing.

Typical auto factory

Enjoyed working with the production employees and the setup techs and the production supervisors. We all solved Quality and Production Issues together. It's the usual "It needs to be done now!" type atmosphere in an automotive setting. Could be very stressful for production employees and front line staff. Always; Go! Go! Go! The employees attitudes were always the best thing about working there; they could always make you happy with their smiles. QA Manager was always barking orders.....

Pros

Shop floor Employees;

Cons

Working on weekends was always expected, no merit raises for over 5 years, stress of the always continuing deadlines.

Great staff and middle management

The Hi-Tech Gears Inc has a very dedicated team both in middle management and support staff who have a high respect for each other and work very well together as a team.

Pros

Work hours

Cons

Restructuring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hi-Tech Gears Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4