The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 116 reviews matching the search See all 4,515 reviews
was good place to work, friendly employs, comfortable atmosophere
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 January 2019
I have learned so many things like computer skills. It improved my fluency in English, typing speed etc. Hertz was a good place to work all staff members were friendly, helpful and cooperative.
Salary is good
Rental coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 January 2019
salary is good but lack of support from management when you

need them the most. no job security, politics. it has become a family club, if you're not part of it you'll suffer but if your part or friends you're ok but as soon as you turn your back they will talk.
Pros
some workers
Cons
toxic enviroment
Worst working experience in Canada
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 November 2018
I have worked all over Canada with amazing experiences and co-workers but working with Hertz in Burnaby(North) has been a very bad experience. It's not at all a managemt trainee job. It's a sales Job where you are selling scams. Secondly, the worst bunch of co-workers I have ever worked with. Snobbish and bossy attitudes for no reason at all. Secondly, you are not at all appreciated for the amount of hard work you have put in. Rather there will be 10 fingers pointing at you for a single mistake even when you have only finished a month and half or so. Lot of politics and groupism at work. The worst work culture I've ever experienced. People working in the same positions act as if they own you for being a new joinee for no reason. Its a workplace where people will step on you, to go ahead something that I had never experienced in Canada before.
Pros
Cons
Selling lies, long hours and snobbish co-workers
Camp Job
Cross Shift Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB19 October 2018
Good place to work. Worked up at camp on a shift rotation. Company was good, but middle management has some issues. Upper Management and direct Management were good to work with.
Good work environment when we had vehicles available to rent.
Counter Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 October 2018
In my time there, I didn't enjoy my work environment because there staff was taken over by reps in senior positions that got too comfortable with being there that they looked down on and took advantage of new staff coming in because they didn't have seniority.
Fredericton Location is horrible
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 October 2018
I would work for Hertz again but not for the Fredericton NB location. Bad staff both of them are very nasty & you have to work every weekend with no appreciation. I would not recommend work at this spot. Also the wash bay was full of mold.
Pros
Drive different cars
Cons
Staff
Relaxed work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2018
Union Station location is good in a way that provides it's employees with benefits within a unionization. It is a friendly environment in the sense that employees can easily talk to their managers without feeling intimidated.
Agréable environnement de travail
VSA (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC25 September 2018
Travail agréable pour passionné d'automobiles. Très bonne équipe.
Excellent Workplace
BRANCH ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2018
I covered a Maternity Leave position for 16 months and in that time I found Hertz Equipment to be a fantastic place to work; great people and a wonderful Team Environment. Everybody helped each other and I never hesitated to ask for help or ask questions as so many people took the time to listen and help me understand things I wasn't clear about or knew about (Rental questions mostly). I was told, at the end of my contract, that if they could have kept me they would have. I would recommend Hertz Equipment to anyone who was looking for a superb working environment.
Pros
Monthly BBQ's; Helpful at all times; Positive atmosphere
Laid back work environment where as long as you work effectively manaemtn stays out of your hair
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 August 2018
I would reccomend working for Hertz. Management is greaté Work is easy. Good benefits. Friendly work environment.

Invest yourself in hertz and they will invest back

Want to know more about The Hertz Corporation?

Ask a question
Very good work environment
Manager/Equipment Technician/Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 August 2018
Enjoyed working here, it has great management the days don't drag on since there is so much to do, the pay is also great and the people I worked with were awesome
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Fun and productive workplace
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2018
Very flexible work place, very friendly superiors.
They provide a very hospitable work environment, with flexible hours and cater to your every need as much as they can.
No comment
Journeyman heavy equipment technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 June 2018
The company is going through a culture change and restructure due to the economic climate.new ways of getting the job done with fast changes and new systems it is a challenge of course.it is the way of the future,lean and aggressive with cost cutting to get to the best for the share holders.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Good Job
Customer Service/Cashier/Car Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Terrace, BC15 May 2018
Love my Hertz job, manager is great, very accommodating with time off and other jobs or school.learnt a lot about people and the way customer service works, great place to work,
Good place for fresher to have experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2018
Welcoming staff but limited growth options.
Unionized environment
Work place is very busy and dynamic
Hardest part is working with front line staff
Job was enjoyable, but no stability
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2018
I enjoyed my time with Hertz but have some reservations about how they manage on a corporate level.

They have changed lanes numerous times on overall brand development, having opened up numerous new branches just to turn them into "Agent" locations.
Pros
Work/Life Balnce
Cons
Job Security
unprofessional
Sales and Service associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2018
working for a company that never has inventory to rent all the time and getting yelled at customers for something thats not your fault is frustrating and leads to a great turn over in the company.
Poor managment
Remarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 April 2018
Typically the company is not bad, however the management in my department was very bad.
The hardest part of the job was being micromanaged with little or no guidance.
The people working there are generally nice.
Pros
Company car including gas
Cons
Heavily taxed on car privilege and very limited Benefits, Most benefits are capped at $1000/year including dental
Upper administration and management just didn’t give they feeling that they cared about they’re employees.
VSA, Vehicle service attendant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 March 2018
Started off good and seems like a good environment,but shortly later on ,At times the management would go on power trips and inforce their will. Employees opinions were held to a very low standard. Atmosphere became toxic between employees and management. Nothing was ever truly done to mend the situation.
it was a nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 March 2018
I learned a lot while working at Hertz. It gave me skills that I can carry through other areas of my life. I enjoyed meeting and interacting with people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K