The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Relaxed work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2018
Union Station location is good in a way that provides it's employees with benefits within a unionization. It is a friendly environment in the sense that employees can easily talk to their managers without feeling intimidated.
Agréable environnement de travail
VSA (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC25 September 2018
Travail agréable pour passionné d'automobiles. Très bonne équipe.
Excellent Workplace
BRANCH ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2018
I covered a Maternity Leave position for 16 months and in that time I found Hertz Equipment to be a fantastic place to work; great people and a wonderful Team Environment. Everybody helped each other and I never hesitated to ask for help or ask questions as so many people took the time to listen and help me understand things I wasn't clear about or knew about (Rental questions mostly). I was told, at the end of my contract, that if they could have kept me they would have. I would recommend Hertz Equipment to anyone who was looking for a superb working environment.
Pros
Monthly BBQ's; Helpful at all times; Positive atmosphere
Laid back work environment where as long as you work effectively manaemtn stays out of your hair
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 August 2018
I would reccomend working for Hertz. Management is greaté Work is easy. Good benefits. Friendly work environment.

Invest yourself in hertz and they will invest back
Very good work environment
Manager/Equipment Technician/Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 August 2018
Enjoyed working here, it has great management the days don't drag on since there is so much to do, the pay is also great and the people I worked with were awesome
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Fun and productive workplace
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2018
Very flexible work place, very friendly superiors.
They provide a very hospitable work environment, with flexible hours and cater to your every need as much as they can.
No comment
Journeyman heavy equipment technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 June 2018
The company is going through a culture change and restructure due to the economic climate.new ways of getting the job done with fast changes and new systems it is a challenge of course.it is the way of the future,lean and aggressive with cost cutting to get to the best for the share holders.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Good Job
Customer Service/Cashier/Car Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Terrace, BC15 May 2018
Love my Hertz job, manager is great, very accommodating with time off and other jobs or school.learnt a lot about people and the way customer service works, great place to work,
Good place for fresher to have experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2018
Welcoming staff but limited growth options.
Unionized environment
Work place is very busy and dynamic
Hardest part is working with front line staff
Job was enjoyable, but no stability
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2018
I enjoyed my time with Hertz but have some reservations about how they manage on a corporate level.

They have changed lanes numerous times on overall brand development, having opened up numerous new branches just to turn them into "Agent" locations.
Pros
Work/Life Balnce
Cons
Job Security
unprofessional
Sales and Service associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2018
working for a company that never has inventory to rent all the time and getting yelled at customers for something thats not your fault is frustrating and leads to a great turn over in the company.
Poor managment
Remarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 April 2018
Typically the company is not bad, however the management in my department was very bad.
The hardest part of the job was being micromanaged with little or no guidance.
The people working there are generally nice.
Pros
Company car including gas
Cons
Heavily taxed on car privilege and very limited Benefits, Most benefits are capped at $1000/year including dental
Upper administration and management just didn’t give they feeling that they cared about they’re employees.
VSA, Vehicle service attendant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 March 2018
Started off good and seems like a good environment,but shortly later on ,At times the management would go on power trips and inforce their will. Employees opinions were held to a very low standard. Atmosphere became toxic between employees and management. Nothing was ever truly done to mend the situation.
it was a nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 March 2018
I learned a lot while working at Hertz. It gave me skills that I can carry through other areas of my life. I enjoyed meeting and interacting with people.
Great work environment with friendly staff
Customer Service Representative, Fort McMurray (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 March 2018
Great work environment with friendly staff, the training was very inclusive and made sure before you started working on the floor you knew what you were talking about, I enjoyed working in the airport terminal the most for Monday to Friday hours,
Pros
Lunch Room, Rentals, etc
I enjoyed a lot working in Hertz Equipment Rentals.
Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
I enjoyed and learned a lot while working in the company. The management of the company is very good and culture at work place is very friendly. The hardest part of the work was to assist auditors particularly during month end when we have to do so many things with tight deadlines. Otherwise I always enjoyed the work.
L'aspect le plus difficile
Préposé aux véhicules, Franchise (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC17 January 2018
Très souvent seul paie très mal pour les reponsabilités.
Fun start up
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2018
Great place to work, fun and energetic environment.
The opportunity to meet new people. Your day is never usually the same and management provides good support to ensure you have all the tools to succeed. Really enjoyed working there.
yard labourer
Yard Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 January 2018
working outside assisting with outgoing and incoming rentals and returns. good work environment ability for growth good scheldue understanding people and helpful
Good company for the most part.
Outside Territory Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2017
Poorly managed in Canada...Your really have to question the Standards that are in place by Upper Management.
Some people are in positions that they are not really qualified to be in.
They are in them by the wrong reasons.
Pros
Branch Manger is great
Cons
Upper Management are under Qualified

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51K