The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 121 reviews matching the search See all 4,655 reviews
Basic customer service workplace
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2019
- A typical day can be very tiring due to the 11 hour shifts, and the lack of consistency
- did not learn anything new, it was all basic customer service skills that I had acquired
- I appreciate the one on one conversations you can have with the customers and build that relationship
- Management at the location I work at is very poor, with little to no problem solving skills.
- Poor workplace culture teaches you to judge the customers before hand.
- The hardest part of the job is working with impatient and ignorant coworkers.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is providing the best possible service for the customers and making their day.
Pros
Making customers' days easier
Cons
Unreasonable hours
Fun workplace and great team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 February 2019
Working at the airport location is a lot of fun - the team there is great, and you easily start to recognize the regular clients that come in every week, and start a good rapport with them.
Management is also great. Very easy-going, and always lets you know what you can improve on.
Getting commission on top of the hourly wage is a definite bonus, and you can earn a decent amount if you work hard for it.
Pros
Great team, busy location, commission
Great job if you enjoy driving
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario15 February 2019
Have extensive knowledge of the car rental business and their software applications.

You get to work closely with the management team of different departments.

Has a positive workplace culture

Dealing with demanding customers and vendors on a day to day basis.

Incentives with car rental discounts and driving company cars.
Pros
Discounts on car rentals
Cons
short to no breaks on busy work days
Productive work place with minimal downtime.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 February 2019
The company is very corrupt, They play alot of favoritism and don't allow others to move up from their positions. Few incidents where employees working under the table with union and company to complete an agreement.
Sales Only
Customer Sale & Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK18 January 2019
Management Demand sales. That is very understandable and it also gives good learning experience.
Challenging environment to work with and the right place where you can learn a lot.
Will ad patience to your personality.
Pros
Typical sales environment that make you more skillful
was good place to work, friendly employs, comfortable atmosophere
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 January 2019
I have learned so many things like computer skills. It improved my fluency in English, typing speed etc. Hertz was a good place to work all staff members were friendly, helpful and cooperative.
Salary is good
Rental coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 January 2019
salary is good but lack of support from management when you

need them the most. no job security, politics. it has become a family club, if you're not part of it you'll suffer but if your part or friends you're ok but as soon as you turn your back they will talk.
Pros
some workers
Cons
toxic enviroment
Worst working experience in Canada
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 November 2018
I have worked all over Canada with amazing experiences and co-workers but working with Hertz in Burnaby(North) has been a very bad experience. It's not at all a managemt trainee job. It's a sales Job where you are selling scams. Secondly, the worst bunch of co-workers I have ever worked with. Snobbish and bossy attitudes for no reason at all. Secondly, you are not at all appreciated for the amount of hard work you have put in. Rather there will be 10 fingers pointing at you for a single mistake even when you have only finished a month and half or so. Lot of politics and groupism at work. The worst work culture I've ever experienced. People working in the same positions act as if they own you for being a new joinee for no reason. Its a workplace where people will step on you, to go ahead something that I had never experienced in Canada before.
Pros
Cons
Selling lies, long hours and snobbish co-workers
Camp Job
Cross Shift Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB19 October 2018
Good place to work. Worked up at camp on a shift rotation. Company was good, but middle management has some issues. Upper Management and direct Management were good to work with.
Good work environment when we had vehicles available to rent.
Counter Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 October 2018
In my time there, I didn't enjoy my work environment because there staff was taken over by reps in senior positions that got too comfortable with being there that they looked down on and took advantage of new staff coming in because they didn't have seniority.
Fredericton Location is horrible
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 October 2018
I would work for Hertz again but not for the Fredericton NB location. Bad staff both of them are very nasty & you have to work every weekend with no appreciation. I would not recommend work at this spot. Also the wash bay was full of mold.
Pros
Drive different cars
Cons
Staff
Relaxed work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2018
Union Station location is good in a way that provides it's employees with benefits within a unionization. It is a friendly environment in the sense that employees can easily talk to their managers without feeling intimidated.
Agréable environnement de travail
VSA (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC25 September 2018
Travail agréable pour passionné d'automobiles. Très bonne équipe.
Excellent Workplace
BRANCH ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2018
I covered a Maternity Leave position for 16 months and in that time I found Hertz Equipment to be a fantastic place to work; great people and a wonderful Team Environment. Everybody helped each other and I never hesitated to ask for help or ask questions as so many people took the time to listen and help me understand things I wasn't clear about or knew about (Rental questions mostly). I was told, at the end of my contract, that if they could have kept me they would have. I would recommend Hertz Equipment to anyone who was looking for a superb working environment.
Pros
Monthly BBQ's; Helpful at all times; Positive atmosphere
Laid back work environment where as long as you work effectively manaemtn stays out of your hair
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 August 2018
I would reccomend working for Hertz. Management is greaté Work is easy. Good benefits. Friendly work environment.

Invest yourself in hertz and they will invest back
Very good work environment
Manager/Equipment Technician/Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 August 2018
Enjoyed working here, it has great management the days don't drag on since there is so much to do, the pay is also great and the people I worked with were awesome
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Fun and productive workplace
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2018
Very flexible work place, very friendly superiors.
They provide a very hospitable work environment, with flexible hours and cater to your every need as much as they can.
No comment
Journeyman heavy equipment technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 June 2018
The company is going through a culture change and restructure due to the economic climate.new ways of getting the job done with fast changes and new systems it is a challenge of course.it is the way of the future,lean and aggressive with cost cutting to get to the best for the share holders.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Good Job
Customer Service/Cashier/Car Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Terrace, BC15 May 2018
Love my Hertz job, manager is great, very accommodating with time off and other jobs or school.learnt a lot about people and the way customer service works, great place to work,
Good place for fresher to have experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2018
Welcoming staff but limited growth options.
Unionized environment
Work place is very busy and dynamic
Hardest part is working with front line staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K