The Headhunters

The Headhunters Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
This place was just okay to work at. I worked here as a recruiter and I wouldn't recommend it. I know from personal experience there are better firms to recruit for. They tried hard to make it a great culture but the management didn't lead by example enough to make their efforts genuine. One of the management constantly talked openly about eventually moving on to another company. It was super hard to take their culture seriously. One of the other owners would talk about caring about us but would constantly forget if we had kids, dogs, etc. Benefits were just okay. There was great opportunity to make commission when you did well.
Pros
Great community initiatives, work life balance, great training
Cons
High turnover, poor management
20 July 2018
Thank you for the feedback, we have shared your input with our owners. If you would like to discuss your experience any further, one of us would be happy to speak with you in person or over phone or email. Best of luck in your future endeavors!
This is a wonderful start to anyone's career in HR. They strongly encourage networking. You get to meet, learn and talk to many professionals from a variety of industries.
25 November 2019
Thank you for the review, we're happy we were able to support your career growth!
High turnover, favoritism, poor Mgt culture. Nothing good to say about this place, but the location was convenient. The place too much expectations on you right from the start and fire at will.
Pros
Cons
Good location, parking
1 July 2019
We have shared your comments with our owners, and if you would like to speak with us further, please feel free to contact us via whatever method you are most comfortable with: You can send us a private message on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/theheadhuntersrecruitment, direct message on Twitter at https://twitter.com/HeadhuntersJobs, or email our Marketing team at connect@theheadhunters.ca.
In my initial meeting I was told I had a great resume and skill set - in high demand. They sent me on one interview which was the strangest ever. When I passed on the feed back and that i was not interested they said they had sent others there and heard the same thing...what?! Needless to say, I did follow up calls/emails and each time was told there are several exciting things happening and that there was at least 3 jobs coming that would be perfect. Never heard form them again, I found a job on my own. NEVER AGAIN
Pros
Cons
false hope
22 March 2018
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with The Headhunters. We work very hard to try and keep our lines of communication open with our candidates, as we want everyone we partner with to feel valued. If you would like to discuss your experience further, our Vancouver Branch Manager would be happy to speak with you. Her direct contact information is available on http://www.theheadhunters.ca/georgia-harper, or you are welcome to send is a direct message on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/theheadhuntersrecruitment.
I find the company to ignore candidates and never respond to follow up calls and emails. They are only in it for themselves to make a commission. They will sell you a bill of goods that they will help you find a new position but then ignore you and not reply to inquires when they have jobs posted that match your experience and qualifications.
Pros
not downtown
Cons
never respond or help candidates
My short experience with Headhunters was positive. My contact was excellent in keeping me informed and asking what I wanted from my next job. She was inquisitive and asked the right questions to determine what I was really looking for. She took the time to listen to the feedback and present me with an amazing opportunity.

I would gladly recommend to anyone.
Working with the Headhunters was a very valuable experience. My recruiter took the time to learn who I was as an employee and matched me with a perfect-fit employer. The communication throughout the process was great and I felt my career goals were valued and taken into full consideration.