THE HAMILTON SPECTATOR

Canada27 reviews

Clear
2.9Pay & benefits

workworkingdeliverpeoplegoodplacetimething

good if you are a reporter

I dont really have 150 words to say about The Hamilton Spectator, it used to be a pretty cool place to work and i used to be proud to say i worked there.

Stressful and Too Early

You need to be up so early in the morning and be in the meeting location at 2:30 am to pick up newspapers to be delivered to the subscribers. You need to finish delivering the newspapers on time. It didn't help me with my sleeping patterns. I got headache and had to wake up again to get my daughter ready for school.

Insights into THE HAMILTON SPECTATOR

• Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Just horrible

Packages Would be late causing late delivery’s getting me into trouble, over run with work causing me to fall behind in school and lose sleep in order to finish the job.

Pros

Free tickets to events

Cons

Long hours, stressful

Good place to work, however, little room for advancement. Freedom to run your own schedule. Management is helpful and understanding. Extensive training provided.

Delivering Flyers at least once a week.

- On Wednesdays I would get all of the flyers ready for delivery. - On Thursday I would set out to deliver all my flyers by 6:00PM. - The hardest part of the job is working in the bad weather.

Pros

Learning New Things

Cons

Low Pay

very good

a very strong environment. people are extremely helpful and kind. it allows me to be a strong worker and get things done in a good setting. i would look forward to working more with the paper.

various positions

you could have a great job or a terrible job, several departments. it could be customer service or a cozy desk job, or labour positions really varies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE HAMILTON SPECTATOR. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement