The Great-West Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews

Satisfactory workplace
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2019
I enjoy working in a fast-paced environment both individually and as part of a team. I learned that multi-tasking and time management skills are a necessity in this type of business.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
too much work
Great people
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 February 2019
Very busy atmosphere and it sure makes the time go fast. Great benefits though. Company needs to update a lot of office equipment which they are currently updating work spaces for Employees. Phones are from 1950.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Expected of too much workwise
Customer Relations Specialist - Call Center
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 February 2019
Salaries and benefits are great, but they are mostly to mitigate the side effects of a super stressful job culture. Even when the calls with clients are not super stressful, the expectations of productivity and efficiency override your quality. The biggest dominating factor is your attendance and sick days, this dominates all other elements. So heaven forbid you get sick (which you will there), or have a disability!
Easy to get in, impossible to move
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 March 2017
Great West Life is great if you are simply looking for an office job. It is easy to get hired but there are infinite people that have been there longer than you which will make career growth next to impossible.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Short breaks, poor benefits considering its an insurance company
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 July 2015
You feel empowered at GWL. I like that my job is constantly changing and that new and interesting tasks arise every day. I feel that my work is important and that I am valued. The people definitely keep you here. I work with fun and friendly people. The one downside is that things move a bit slowly in terms of promotions and finding position replacements, but in time they do happen if you work hard. I don't have a typical day, and that is what I love about the job. I am always learning.
Pros
Interesting work, days go by fast, fitness center, excellent food at the cafeteria
Cons
Compensation needs to be upgraded, deadlines are too tight