The Good Samaritan Society Employee Review

View all The Good Samaritan Society reviews

Truck Driver
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2013
This Job was certainly different for me. I was standing most of the time shredding documents in the back of a 5 ton truck. It was very dusty and some what noisy. There was a lot of lifting which kept me in great shape. The company's client tell consisted of banks, lawyers offices and Government.
Pros
I was valued by my clients
Cons
Hard work and lousy pay

Other The Good Samaritan Society Employee Reviews

All food service shifts were 12 hours. We served breakfast luch and dinner and did dishes .
Food Services / Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 March 2018
Fast paced and always something to do. I enjoy a fast-paced enviroment. I loved the residents and enjoyed getting to know many of them as well as their stories. Two dining-rooms with different clientelle. Our smallerdining-room was for people that owned their suites and were capable of self care. Always pleasant to work with. all shifts were 12 hours long including one of the housekeeping shifts. This was probably one of the hardest part of the job as it was alot of time sensive work and were always on the run. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff. We all worked well as a team.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
12 hour shifts
Helping client with meal
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2018
.Helping Clients with activity daily living, such as showering, dressing, preparing meals and feeding clients.

.Using mechanical lift transfer clients from bed to wheelchair back and forth. Checking client’s blood sugar level, blood pressure, and medication administration according to prescriptions. Administering suppositories and digital support to clients every morning.

.Providing bedsore care and simple wound care. Inserting intermittent and indwelling catheter and catheter care every day.

.Putting on and taking off pressure socks, and doing ROM.

.Driving client out for appointments and doing grocery shopping. Paying bills and solving problems of daily living, and accompany clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Good Samaritan Society. Our community is ready to answer.