The Good Samaritan Society

The Good Samaritan Society Employee Reviews

Canada146 reviews

You Will do the same tasks forever

Pretty much it’s a fixed job with fixed salary and if u see that co workers are pretty old and they start and retire there , so no room for advancement as no openings until someone quit. Union is a big support and always helps,Nothing much to say.just do your work properly as they expect 200% more from you. Very fast paced.

Millwoods Care Centre - Edmonton

Since I've worked here I've had days where we ran out of toilet paper, PPE ; M gloves, briefs, rooms are dirty,water issues sometimes the water is piping hot. Hcas choose where hcas go so everyone teams up with their friends and your left to be float especially if your new and hcas will over work you, they don't guide or help in anyway, they will instruct you which rooms to go to and leave the easy ones for themselves. Long term hcas usually expect you to do all the work, they don't answer calls or change briefs. The workload is heavy.

Pros

All residents are respectful and appreciate your work. Lots of hours for day shift

Cons

Day shift staff unhelpful and rude

Company offers frequent opportunities for education, support, and if you are willing to pick up, as many hours as you want to work. Coworkers are teammates. Is it perfect? No workplace is, but compared to other facilities I’ve been in, GSS is a pretty good company to work for.

Pros

Continuing education

Cons

Tough job

Poor Management

Communication was extremely poor and so was management. The pay was above minimum wage, which was nice. Otherwise would not recommend if you have other choices.

Extremely poor management and expectations

For a large company they are very fragmented in their ideals and their expectations of the job do not meet the staffing given. staff constantly work through breaks or will miss the quality care needed. Management is spiteful and will exact revenge when asked for accountability instead of being leaders and solving problems. Most of the leadership team are absent and rarely even seen but are always heard complaining that the staff need to be turned over and that there is no budget for what they want but is expected to followed. The leadership team will smile to your face if you are complying but throw you out the door if you dare question anything they decree or ask for better change.

Pros

The seniors are wonderful to work with.

Cons

Management never spends anytime in the building and are absent leaders

Hard and demanding work

Not enough days for orientation if a casual worker. Communicate more with nurses and team members for assistance. Fast paced work with multiple clients to care for.

Pros

Learnt how to work under pressure.

Cons

Not enough staff work is very stressful and demanding.

No comment

This facility don’t use much EMR. I find it things not organized.. don’t know what else to say......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Not enough employees for the position

Stressful, work smarter not harder.

The whole aspect of the health care aide job is stressful. You have to have great time management skills. Work smarter not harder means, utilizing the tools you have, instead of your body. Overall great place to work. People listen, staff is like a family.

Fun and also busy place to work

Nice people to work with, Management is so awesome, Everyone is friendly except a few people Lots of to do ,the shifts are 12 hours,what I personally love it

Caring staff

Good place to work Staff is divided among different job descriptionsResidents are happy and that says a lot about this organization! Difficult having full staffing since Covid

Productive and fun work environment

Fun work place, good benefits, friendly staff and managers. Love to come to work even when i get called in. Location close to my olace so an added advantage.

Do not recommend

Abusive work environment. Incompetent management. Neglected residents (poor pain and agitation management, causing suffering and discourse). Insubordinate HCAs. Substance abuse issues among residents. Uncontrolled/undisciplined abusive residents and family members, enabled by management. Inexperienced supervisors. This facility hires related staff with severe language barriers, resulting in excessive med errors

Cons

Poor benefits with low dental allowances and no vision coverage. Poor union assistance

I love working at GSS

Good and safe environment, detailed and Well organized management it’s so happen I quit early because me and my husband relocate to New Brunswick .i am lucky and appreciate that I got a job , if I have a chance to go back to Alberta, I will re apply again and again

Friendly

The Good Samaritan society helps elders who needs help and taking care of them. They are also friendly and lovable. The employees are nice and appreciable.

fast-paced, bad workplace culture

Must be adaptable and thick-skinned. The most fulfilling part is the residents but terrible management and negative coworkers/ workplace culture makes it hard to go to work

A very gratifying, enjoyable, cooperative workplace.

An awesome company to work for. Management and staff are very compassionate and caring to both those who make their homes here and I am proud to have been a part of a great team.

Pros

love taking care of people, management very accommodating.

Cons

had to drive 2 hours to get to work

Good job security but poor management

Good job Place for security and opportunity for advancement but poor management in some of the sites. It is also a good place to start your career in Health Care as a Nurse or Nursing Attendant.

Biweekly I would get paid

my Interview was a face to face interview with normal job related questions and how I would be a good, kind, suitable person to be on their team and being able to have a position there, the interview probably took about and 40-45 mins as I also have got asked some written questions.

Political,poor management

working casual not enough time,rude staff, favoritism like if you are friend of the scheduler , nurses they will call you some regular staff always had overtime. LPN also rude to staff instead of treating them nicely. Management don't follow rules they dont educate their staff about their rights. Poor communication, poor management, bossy people treat staff like a garbage. NO STAFF ROOM!

Hard work pays.

This is a good place to work. Supervisor and Managers are supportive in some other ways. The facility is somewhat old but the Top Management is working hard to improve the structures.

Enjoy working as a Care AIDE

Work hard, busy place to be. Staff expect everyone to do your best.. We are care givers for a reason... Because we care and want to help the ones that require help. Either in small ways or big.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Good Samaritan Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Good Samaritan Society with