The Glencoe Golf & Country Club Employee Reviews

Great management and work atmosphere
Tennis Attending (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2019
Everyone is friendly and very professional. Management is very understanding with any concerns or questions you have about the job. Members and management treat workers with upmost respect and make coming into work all the more enjoyable! A typical day at work is stress-free as long as you know the protocols of the company and work hard to keep up with managing the courts. The whole experience of the job was very enjoyable, but interacting and greeting the members was the highlight of the day! The hardest part of the job would be that you work alone for the shift, which is only an issue if you mind working independently.
Joined a fantastic team
Turfcare (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2018
A well managed golf course that makes you want to come back. The highlight has to be the people I met. Although not everyone is a star, but that is expected when hiring ~90 seasonal staff, I have made lasting friendships at the Glencoe.
Pros
Great co-workers and managers.
Cons
Early starts
Fun summer job with great people
Turfcare (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2018
I had an amazing time working a season at Glencoe in the turfcare department. The senior staff are friendly and helpful and my peers were a delightful bunch to work with. Working outside was incredibly beautiful and fun during the summer months. I would highly reccomend Glencoe for anyone looking for a summer job to work while out of school. They are also very understanding and flexible with this.
Pros
work outdoors, great people, beautiful scenery, start early/finish early, fun job, take pride in your work
Cons
physical work, strenuous at times, working in the hot sun or sometimes in the cold
fun and productive environment to work in
Golf Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2017
I enjoyed working for the club because of the people. The members where very friendly and respectful. I loved that I worked in an outdoor environment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
n/a
It is a Great company
Turfcare Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2017
All the management ere so polite , and always ask to do the job whit
good maner , there are no hardest part of the job, all the day are enjoyable . thanks for the opportunity Glencoe.
Fun Place
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2017
Fun Place to work, and if you enjoy golfing this will be a great fit. The offer overtime which is something most golf courses will not offer and its completely voluntary.
Exceptional organization and staff at the Glencoe
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2016
As I am a student who mainly works during the summer months, I have bounced around with various jobs, mostly in the service industry. What I can say about The Glencoe Golf and Country Club is that this is where I learned an abundance of skills, that I will take with me wherever I end up on my career path. It is an amazing place to work, all the staff are great and the organizational values build an environment that is honest, respectful and open.
Pros
A hot meal was provided twice a day in the staff lunch room
Fun Working Place
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2015
Great management staff
Great employees to work with
Open to an open availability
Wishing I could get more shifts
Work more banquet shifts
na
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2015
I was a courier driver. it was the best job i have had. good enviroment and good co workers. i couldn't move up any farther so i left it was tough to do.