The Gentlemen Plumbers

Clear

Insights into The Gentlemen Plumbers

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks

Greasy salesman. All apprentices. No real plumbers.

All salesman. No real plumber would want anything to do with this place. Upselling unnecessary work. If you like ripping off old people for basic plumbing you'll love it. These guys literally made a sport out ripping people off. A weekly meeting they call scoreboard to see who generate the most revenue for the company. No mention in interview of having to sell it. The manager literally told me you can be the best plumber in the world but if you can't sell you won't make no money here. This was a week after I took the job. Don't waste your time here.

Pros

You get to ride a bathtub in parades. Lol

Cons

Ripping of seniors daily

Drink the kool aid

they preach several conflicting views that workers need to follow. Don't sell the customer something they don't need but you need to make sure you hit the minimum charge for each job. We want the best plumbers but have first year apprentices running trucks by themselves with no real plumbing back ground. It goes on and mgmt yells at everyone when revenues are low. Ugh

Pros

co workers all very good crew. No politics

Cons

Old boys club for management

Build up people to be their best.

I haven't met people like the management team at the Gentlemen Plumbers. They have a distinct vision and know exactly where they are going. They truly value people and integrity, they walk the talk and make sure you do as well as an employee. They don't mess around when it comes to caring for customers or ensuring you uphold the "Gentlemen" way. Its not for everyone, but truly when you catch the vision and try to do what you are supposed to, you learn what more you can be. Enjoying the challenge, I understand I am in the customer service industry and the special skills it takes to be effective. It is clear not everyone can do this, but its a great vehicle to rise if you are one of those unique ones.

Terrible company

This company is terrible. Owner’s policy is hire 3 keep 1. Turnover is brutal, base the pay system off sales performance not skill. They claim they hire the best but it’s actually they hire anyone dumb enough to take the job. If you enjoy ripping customers off for the simplest thing then you will fit right in.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Gentlemen Plumbers?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Gentlemen Plumbers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement