The Gear Centre Group of Companies
The Gear Centre Group of Companies Employee Review

Great Co workers/No room for advancement

11 February 2019
Co workers make coming to work enjoyable and everyone is easy to get along with. We don't have employee engagements like barbecues or pot lucks. The only employee group activity we have, is during Christmas at our Christmas luncheon.

There is no room for advancement and there is a high turn over. When positions open within the company they don't promote growth within the company. We often don't know when or why someone has left the company. Sometimes we don't know people are gone until a replacement shows up in their place. There are no annual reviews or annual raises here. This is the first company I've worked for that doesn't provide annual raises.

My manager has always been helpful and very resourceful in helping me find answers if they don't know the answer. However not all managers are the same. There is a lack of communication between departments.

Great benefits.
Same roleSame location
Work is very interesting everyday. Each day has new challenges and it is vert rewarding being able to solve or help people with their problems.The parts industry is a trade that will never be obsolete.
Same roleSame location
I have been with the company for many years, because they saw something in me that I had not seen in myself. I was able to work my way up with great mentors, and what I value most is the freedom to develop and learn. No two days are the same, and I appreciate being trusted to make decisions that are best for the company and my team. If you are willing to put in extra effort, you will be rewarded and you'll get to meet some really great people along the way.
16 March 2020
Good work/life balance accommodating to the work you are interested in.
The most difficult part of the job is the multitasking. When I started working here I thought I was skilled at this, but after a while I quickly learned that there was much more I could improve on and with the assistance of my Branch Manager now I have improved.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Gear Centre Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.
The Gear Centre Group of Companies Reviews by Location