The Gear Centre Group of Companies

The Gear Centre Group of Companies Management reviews

Canada49 reviews
Pretty good place to work red deer branch is a top notch Everyone is easy to get along with and fun to work with. Management is great in Red Deer. Lots to learn and has lots of room for advancement in the company
Management is unbelievably arrogant it’s a dangerous environment there’s bullying going on at all times it’s the most disorganized/dirty shop I have ever come across in my time. I can’t even begin to explain the type of harassment going on there. In reality this place needs to be condemned I don’t know if HR knows what’s going on there but I will be informing them of everything
I have enjoyed my employment with this company since day 1 and enjoy the people I work with. Everyone is easy going and Management is very approachable.
Worked here for a few years. It has a very toxic environment. Senior management is not supportive and instead of support and guidance, they criticize and put road blocks up. Maybe a good place to work to start put your career but don't expect a place to spend much time at. No raises or increase in vacation for management.
Very toxic environment; worst place hands down I have ever worked in a 30+ years career. Everyone is terrified of losing their job and I was let go because I dared speak out against another employee. The only positive about this place is the salary. I was never treated with respect, was constantly demeaned and belittled and really outright bullied. Do not work here!
Poor Management... no advancement and do what they told you to do. If you say something against the management your in big trouble. They try everyone fire against their rule or quit from their job but putting them down.
A typical day at work requires dealing with a myriad number of people in different situations, problem solving on a personal and business level, finding parts and generally trying to help as many people as possible. I haven't stopped learning from the day I started and hope to continue until I retire. Management is good and allows me a lot of freedom to do my job. to me, workplace culture is what you make of it, I do not expect the management to provide everything to me without providing them with good feedback and information. The hardest part of the job is that a lot of staff members have a "what is the company going to do for me" attitude. I believe people need to work for first then expect rewards not the other way around. The best part of the job is that it is ever changing and challenging.
Great place to work. Great communication from management, very helpful team, everyone is keen to help others excel in their position. Positive energy.
this is a great place to work. i enjoy coming in everyday and seeing everyone at the shop. great environment everyone is friendly. management is very approachable and i feel i can bring anything up with them. you feel like part of a team. most difficult part for me is that it can be difficult sometimes helping to troubleshoot stuff over the phone
Company is great to work for. Management really cares about the work-life balance and will make every effort to accommodate requests by employees (i.e additional vacation days, time off for appts.)
Couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with from entry level to upper management. I have great respect for the company for hiring employees based on qualifications regardless of race, color, nationality. Benefits coverage is very good and the company pays the premiums, including life and travel insurance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Gear Centre Group of Companies?
Good pay and benefits
Good training/helpful

Acceptable work/life balance

Room for advancement

Friendly staff

Family oriented company

Management is decent
Pros
Good pay, good benefits and yearly raises, good coworkers for the most part.
Have worked for the company 15+ years and proud to say so.

Management and HR Department are fair and willing to listen to concerns and ideas.

Benefits are above average and company pays most premiums!

Lots of long term employees which says a lot about the company.

Opportunity to work your way up from entry level to management positions.
Pros
Great benefit package, room for advancement, People are great to work with
Cons
none come to mind
The Gear Centre is a leader in Powertrain parts & service provider for the automotive and heavy truck industries driven by hard-working, enthusiastic Management. Employees are given all of the tools to be successful in their positions, with the help of Management on a daily basis to meet expectations.
Training opportunities always offered.
Pros
Great management great job security
Cons
N/a
The Gear Centre offers an excellent work environment, training, and experience.
Excellent benefits and Management respects staff. Opportunity to learn
Pros
Great work culture, great benefits, Management cares for us
Cons
They fire people all the time. If your reading this and are thinking of applying, don’t !. Unless your really broke. They fired 3 people in the 5 months I worked there. I was a shipper/ receiver/ forklift operator for 16.50.
If you talk to any other employee about wages they will fire you. They don’t want you to know what someone with the same skills and training is getting paid. If you get hired don’t get too comfortable and definitely don’t believe them when they say they will get you an apprenticeship.
Cons
Terrible work environment. The company makes big promises and doesn’t stay with them. The lack of knowledge from your trainer will reflect on you and it will cost you your job.
If you’re looking for a job to start your career this is not it. They will fire you right before your probation is over for reasons that are false and aren’t your fault.

The management will do nothing to help you succeed at your job and will fire you without even giving any feedback on your performance.
Cons
Inexperienced managers who micromanage and bully workers.

Safety is not a big concern.

They will fire you to hire someone who will work for less money.
Pros
Nonr
Cons
The owners and the HR manager have no clue how to run a successful business in 21st century.The company is very poorly managed with old school managers and useless HRs. They make big promisses but seldom follow through. The work culture is toxic where no process improvement or creativity is encouraged. With no career development or advancement opportunity, this place is where dreams die. Avoid at all costs.
Cons
Ok to start out, they will train you to their way of thinking. Complete old school perspective, they probably don't even know what work culture means. HR and management will make big promises but never follow through.
Pros
Some friendly people to work with
Cons
They will never change
A lot of good people to work with I will admit. When it comes to upper management and owners, they will promise you the moon,move you and hold it over your head to keep you for much less than the promise. Safety here is not in the least a priority. Would have very much liked to stay if they kept promises. Was extremely disappointed as someone starting in the field to be taken advantage of so much and was told I was lucky to be given this opportunity and would never see that generosity again with my experience. Was promptly sorting through multiple offers that were much better in less than a month, shame how they take advantage of inexperienced people who they know are not yet aware of other opportunites.
Pros
Great mechanics to learn from and work with.
Cons
The company itself from organization to management to the owners in it for them selves
Worked for the company for 5+ years. Never had any issues with co-workers or management.
Pay is decent and the company pays for all the health and dental premiums plus a few others so overall pretty good. Pension or rrsp would have been nice, but the paid premiums is a plus.

Would have been nice if wages were reviewed yearly

Lots of room for advancement and company keeps to their word on apprenticeship sign-ups

I enjoyed my time here but ending up moving out of the area
Pros
Paid benefits, recognition for job well done
Cons
no formal work reviews
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Gear Centre Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.
The Gear Centre Group of Companies Reviews by Location