The Fresh Market

The Fresh Market Employee Reviews

Found 2,277 reviews matching the search
It's a nice place to work, It did get really stressful at times but i learned to deal with and kept doing my job. If i had to go back i would try being a store clerk.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers.
Cons
Stressful like any other job. Got to deal with upset customers.
No pay. Wanted employees to work in all departments with little or no training. You can’t get manager to help on the floor. They always seem to ignore pages for customer assistance
Pros
Discount
Cons
Over worked, under paid, company cuts hrs and it's hard to get the hrs needed, no pay raises or cost of living increases. management is hard to approach and do not seem supportive and will not back you up, it's not a clean and sanitized environment, lots of things breakdown and you have to work with minimal supplies.
Pros
4O1 K match
Cons
Pay scale, cost of living increase, no Christmas bonus
Used to do multiple jobs beyond scope of job title and without any consideration for promotion or raises. They treat people as disposable and management is uncaring for the most part.
Management sucks. They treat you like you are dumb. They don’t talk always on the phone. They are there for the check nothing more. Run. They tell you that you can work the hours that you want but that does not happen. Very high turnover.
Pros
Cons
Coworker
Its not a bad company but i feel like breaks should be more than 10 mins because by time i get a water snd sit down i have to go back to work. Also the managers and assistant managers are not very knowledgeable and make stuff so difficult
Pros
30% discount
Cons
Short breaks and awkward environment
Management constantly ran the store in a state of chaos that would keep everyone on edge. They were averse to complimenting anybody that thrived or punishing anyone that brought the store or departments down. Constantly blamed sales drops on lower level employees and withheld all bonuses and/or raises, like they didn't set us up for failure with scheduling and lack of training. They would hire new people and make lower level employees train them, no manager would take time to ensure good training. A few upper management people would stir the pot just for entertainment, pit employees against each other, start rumors, then hand out write ups when it inevitably came to a boil. No one has your back here, absolutely nobody is your friend. There is no HR department, your store manager is your HR, so if you have a problem with anybody in the store it doesn't go past you, and if you bring it up to said member of management they will retaliate against you.
Pros
Occasionally during the holidays they cook a dry turkey and some instant mashed potatoes
Cons
Healthcare offered is trash, PTO accruement is trash
The store manager doesn't respect her employees, its a constant battle of "my way or the highway" conversations, no leadership skills whatsoever. If you like feeling unappreciated and working with nothing but nasty employees this is the place for you..
Pros
30% discount
Cons
Horrible management
I won’t work here again if it was the last job on earth until they do a complete management overhaul. All of the core managers at fresh market suck. They are negligent and frankly aren’t qualified for their jobs.
Cons
Management.
Job was full of drama, never had enough employees to maintain departments so my department would often get shoved around leaving me to stay behind on my tasks. Managers were pretty useless overall but they were nice. meh job with meh hours that change every other week without ever being notified. I would get scheduled for days I had class and they wouldn't work with me the day before.
Pros
Discount, Chill Job
Cons
Out of touch with customers, Wasteful of expired food if not specified, Hygiene concerns, Unethical Managers, Understaffed
The Fresh Market environment is overall good. I work in the produce department. We only get three trucks per week. My produce manager is really good and hardworking and that's a big plus.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
low pay
Management didn't really care for the good workers only cares for yes man and women in the company.I have seen plenty of good working people get over looked within my 7 + years with the company and plenty workers left because management didn't appreciate thier hard work.This manager has a lot of personal friends working for her who tells her only what she wants to hear then tells others the truth behind her back.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad moral
Interesting place to work. Definitly would warn anyone in the future that wants to work there to go in and ask employees of their work experience and that will tell you all you need to know.
Employees are extremely nice! They really appreciate the work you do and they let you know it. Customers are also nice-in the last year, I haven’t had a rude customer yet😊
When I first started at TFM, I thought it was going to be not so bad. 20% discount, a small store layout, and it's not Walmart. I was pretty far off with my expectations for this job. Just to be clear, I only took this job to hold me over until a better one. Employees are basically sucked souless, getting every bit of worth that they have used until they decide enough is enough, hence the high turnover rate. There isn't anything rewarding about this job. It's 9 hours a day of one person doing the work of three people, with the others playing the "That's not my job" card, as if they were working some union job. The hour long lunch breaks are uneeded, as it's nothing but demotivational. I'd rather have half an hour unpaid lunch, but then they can't get a full eight hours out of you. Anything you do is never enough, so it's almost pointless to give much effort. The low wages aren't nearly enough compensation for the disorganization, the lack of direction, and the "I don't know" answer to most questions you may ask. If you enjoy time with your family and living your only life, work somewhere else. This job is okay for teenage kids and people in their later years that don't have any other options. Don't even get me started on the customers and their sense of entitlement and elitism.
Pros
20% discount, Pto, health insurance
Cons
Low pay, upper management, not enough training and support
Lovely store atmosphere and management, corporate would make unpopular and unnecessary changes on occasion but overall a fun workplace where people look out for each other and there was potential for promotion.
I have never worked at a company as disorganized and stressful as the fresh market. Since I started about 60% of people have quit and they have hired new people. I’ve worked in customer service my entire life and never had such a disorganized job. Although there is a sense of community and friendship among team members, management seems to care less about its employees.
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at The Fresh Market are below average.ManagementIn general, managers at The Fresh Market are not professional, slackers.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at The Fresh Market is over-rated, work place gossip at a all time high.OverallMy experience working at The Fresh Market not like any other company I've ever worked for m They need a lot of improvement only performs when expecting a visit from corporate.
I was hired 3 weeks ago, from the day this is posted, and I haven't started yet. Everyone else hired during the event has started already. I was set to work in the deli, but apparently I couldn't because closing shifts start at 3pm and due to school I couldnt come in till 4pm. It claimed flexible scheduling for employees on the description when I applied, but it wouldn't spare me an hour to get my classes finished. Thats not flexible scheduling! And apparently its that way in other departments as well where they have set scheduled times that most aren't willing to bend a bit.(this isn't true for every department, but most of the ones I've tried to get into are this way). Management said they'd find me somewhere quickly but its been three weeks and I'm still not working. I have bills to pay! They also kept brushing it aside whenever I'd call and ask if they've found somewhere for me. Every time itd be, "i haven't met with that department manager yet" or " ill call you back in a few, just let me go talk to other departments." I've luckily found another job that treats me better so far, and pays more.Overall, if you need flexible scheduling, I wouldn't recommend this job. Don't waste your time like I did.
Pros
Coworkers seemed friendly, they were excited for me to start(to bad i never had that chance) and a nice relaxing environment
Cons
No flexible scheduling and management sucks completely
I've worked for other supermarkets before but have never been compensated for my skills... This company really cares about there employees... I'm happy the majority of the time that I'm at work...
Long work hours pay was substandard. Had to put up with nasty customers. Only a ten minute break if you worked six hours or les. Nice coworkers . Was ok if it is your first job.
Pros
Nice ppl to work with. Got discount on merchandise.
Cons
Nasty customers. Short breaks.