The Fresh Market
Coronavirus update
Information from The Fresh Market:

The Fresh Market Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
It's a nice place to work, It did get really stressful at times but i learned to deal with and kept doing my job. If i had to go back i would try being a store clerk.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers.
Cons
Stressful like any other job. Got to deal with upset customers.
This job was my first job as I moved onto my own. They had great staff and very nice management. I worked a lot and it was definitely worth it as it was fun and great. They are caring and understanding to situations.
This is not the fresh market foods in SLKT but the one in SLKT is fantastic it is a well staffed and they are all very friendly and willing to make compromises with their employees.
If your looking for a good place to work they keep there employees going and motivated i dont think i could gave asked for a better boss. that is all there is to say about it
Pros
all
Cons
Overall the management was lacking, but other employees made the work experience worth while. The pay was good compared to minimum wage and what other grocery stores offered me, although a younger male was hired months after me without experience and was offered a higher wage which for obvious reasons was distressing to me and other employees both male and female.
A lot of prep work, but it was always busy and you got to interact with the public which made for a great day. great co workers. Amazing food.........
Pros
discount on groceries
Cons
there really aren't any
working at the fresh market really help me come out and talk with people i do not know. i learned how to tie boxes full of food without it all untying, learnt how to properly pack groceries. it was fun!
our management was great! always making sure we are on task and doing things correctly! All co workers knew eachother. Small town everyone knows everyone! The hardest part of my job was when it was very busy! trying to go fast because theres so many people!

and the most enjoyable part of it was just getting to know everyone better! also becoming friends with costumers!
Well-placed learning environment, very fast paced workplace, organizational skills are required and come in handy while working at this place of business. Knowledge of Food & Nutrients, Culinary, Safety & Sanitation places a big part
Pros
Well Managed
Cons
Short Breaks
a typical day in work would include stocking the shelves and cleaning where needed also helping customers who come into the shop .taking in the order putting it away sweep and clean after order is put away some days more then one order would come in from several company's where we got our stock from. i learned from this job a lot there was alway something to do no matter how busy or quite the shop got .i learned great customer service helping and dealing with any customer .the management in the shop was also very nice and helpful . one of the hardest parts of the job was stock take and inventory counting and weighing every thing in stock once a month but it got done and i got progressively better with it. most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with and the customers where very nice too i enjoyed my work there .
Pros
my co workers, the customers, the good work ethic and moral
Cons
no cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Fresh Market?
A typical day at the Fresh Market was always great, Stocking the shelves, Working on cash and seeing my regulars come in. The job was fun and I learned a lot from when it was I was able to do the pay roll, That was hard at first but then it got easy and was fun to do.