THE FOREST HILL GROUP Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

I wouldnt go back even if this was the last security company in Toronto
Executive Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2019
I had a ghastly experience with this employer, one I never wish to repeat as I was discharged from one location to another on a weekly basis, often lacking any communication on the reasons. Hours given just to find out this was a tactic to get me to pick up extra shifts as they would be get cut right after I was used for whatever purpose I was needed. They use, lie and cheat you, then expect you to be happy. I wouldn't work here again, even if this was the last security company in Toronto.
Pros
Cons
lies, cheating, misleading information.
Great Foundation
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2019
Great company to work for, lots of opportunities to make money this company also pays more than some of the other security companies out there. And they value their workers.
not a positive enviornment
Valet (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2019
the lost the site i was working at and total no communication, i have no idea what happened and now i will be unemployed because of this unprofessional. lots of work if you wanted to do it but not a positive enviornment, lots of gosip and some negative people
Pros
there is work available almost all the time
Cons
not a positive enviornment
was not treated fairly
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2019
i thought this would be a high end company, the promissed me good wages, nice buildings and a great uniform. everything was really good on paper and during the interview but when i started it became way too much way too quickly. I had an issue with my supervisor because she kept showing up 15 - 20 minutes after the shift time. I complained to the company but was basically told she was not movable and would keep being the supervisor a the building because the residents liked her too much. In addition to that they told her about my complaint and she started picking on me, switching my hours, deleting reports I had completed, complaing to the company until eventually I was moved.

Totally unfair! the site are very nice, some staff are nice but thats about it! also i found out that people who were working less then me were making more money
Pros
good buildings and nice uniform, seems very promising but its not!
Unrealistic Expectation
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2019
Its a different thing every single day. you get to work and then have to go to another location because someone booked off. I have been getting moved all over the place for the last 8 months. very rarely do i get all the hours promissed and have had many pay issue. some taking upto 30 - 60 - 90 days to reslove. unbelievable, but security is a horribly industry.. i dont recommend this to anyone. not like security jobin dubai
Pros
good for new immigrant with no experience or skill
Cons
not like security jobin dubai
Good work location and team
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2018
Good site, close to home and a nice team. We cover each other and work as a team for the benefit of thee community. Management is very nice also.. nothing too complain about but job is not very high paying.
Pros
Good management and pay
Cons
good company
they used to be okay but now its just a mess
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2018
was once sort of like a luxury style security now is very not that good. company doesnt really care about you , can never get ahold of anyone. misleading descriptions of job too
Pros
good pay
Cons
moving site to site, issues with managers
not a good place
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2018
company has very poor culture, gossip and drama everywhere. a bunch of the managers seem to be related also.

getting called at 3am and demanding i go to work, overcharging me $230 for the uniform, and there is still a paycheck I didnt get!
Pros
seem like very good at first
Cons
unorganized and very bad enviornment. many pay issues
Most racist company
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2018
Not recommend to join this company. Most racist company. Always problem with payroll, missing hours, cancel shifts without informing.Office administration is garbage.
Pros
Cons
Garbage company
Great Experience
Concierge/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2018
Great experience with management and co-workers. Owners of the company are willing to advance you if you apply yourself. Recommend to any serious Security Guards
good place to work.
Concierge/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2018
this is a great place to work. the management team is always there to listen and help out. every site has different staff and is always different than the last place
Pros
paid break
Low paying industry
Concierge / Security (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2017
This industry is very prominent due to the ever changing world we live, the job requires a great deal of work and responsibility and the salary is not great. It seems to be a good fit for students or anyone that wants to work until they find a career of choice.
Cons
Low wages and basic benefits and hiring too many individuals that don't really care
Customer Service
Concierge/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2017
Nice Uniform and emphasis are on Customer Service. Busy Site and Learned Condo Control and Humanity and Software Applications and fewer site are friendly to work in case there is a nice team work.
Cons
Extra hours are not given
Best Luxury service company out there
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
- Great overall company - there is no comparison. Owners are outstanding, head office team is incredible (CSM Nicole goes above and beyond her duties). Ground staff (concierge and valet team) across the company are great - much better than the typical security company.

hands down, the best concierge/valet company across the GTA
Excellent Company to work for
Executive Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
I have been with the company for 3.5 years and I can tell you that they are the most well paying, well trained and customer service minded company in the industry. I have been in security for 14 years and worked for big and small companies and this is BY FAR the best in Toronto. I have 24/7 access to my csm and ownership and management truly care. I get time off, on time reviews and excellent experience dealing with high end sites. I have also been paid for each referral that I have brought to the company. Try it for yourself. BEST BEST BEST

Thank you FHG!
Pros
Uniform is quality, support is constant
Cons
I really don't have
Great Company to work for, Great Pay.
Executive Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
Since I started working for this Company , I've had the Best Support from Management, like any other Business you have to base your staff on Performance, a lot of the Reviews I have read are from Staff that can't perform simple duties. The The Forest hill Group offers the best pay $15. And up. The Forest Hill is Growing and needs staff that can think Common Sense, instead of a body that can't perform.
Pros
Great Pay Higher than most around.
Cons
Staff that can't do basic Common Sense jobs need not apply.
Don't waste your future
Concierge/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
The Forest Hill Group is the worst security company in GTA. They act like they are the high end security company but reality is they are below average not even close to average companies. I worked two years with them. They charged for uniform and never gave me full set. I checked with their other staffs and they also said the same thing. Always made mistakes in payroll, Missing hours, Office staffs are carp.
Pros
Cons
Take money from you, Payroll mistakes, Hours missing, Administration is worst
Miss-advertising
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
This is probably the worst security company to work for, they have no real pride treating their employees like slaves, and management has no clue what they are doing. Do not work for this company they will leave you in pain.

Hours and shifts are all over the place. Human resource manager is great and most employees are easy to get along with. No future in this company doing security as there is really no advancement.
Very Average
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
When I got into this company, I thought it was going to be great. I quickly realised that was untrue.

The luxury properties are run down apartment buildings in city place

The training is very minimal if any

The environment is very dull

The uniforms look pretty nice and the pay is decent

You're on your own, co-workers seem demoralized, no assistance.. very frequently my relief was late, when I told management I ended up being removed from the site. On another occasion my relief didn't show up at all and I was stuck doing 2 shifts. Seems like security companies really are all the same.
Pros
Nice uniforms, decent pay
Cons
minimal training, run down properties, no team enviornement
you wouldn't want to work for this company
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for ever!! the management talk about guards to other guards. They hire the worst EC's who have no experience. There is to much favouritism managers hire friends and family members. they hire people with no experience at higher pay rates. The scheduling department is so disorganized. They block employees from the employee website to book sites and you are trained at and give the jobs to who they are buddies with so it's hard to get full time hours. Employees spread rumours and management believes them. Employees who have years of experience end up working deadend sites and night shifts. The do not conduct themselves within the guidelines to the labour board so they have been sued. There really isn't a HR department with people who are educated in the field. And like most security companies the lie to you all the time about opportunities everywhere pay rates. They wouldn't know a good guard if they met one. They just want contracts once they have them they stop caring. They have no idea how to run a security company as they started out as a car wash and car detailing company. They come across as a high end security company but that's all a smoke screen!
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
listed below