THE FOREST HILL GROUP Employee Reviews

not a good place
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2018
company has very poor culture, gossip and drama everywhere. a bunch of the managers seem to be related also.

getting called at 3am and demanding i go to work, overcharging me $230 for the uniform, and there is still a paycheck I didnt get!
Pros
seem like very good at first
Cons
unorganized and very bad enviornment. many pay issues
Most racist company
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2018
Not recommend to join this company. Most racist company. Always problem with payroll, missing hours, cancel shifts without informing.Office administration is garbage.
Pros
Cons
Garbage company
Great Experience
Concierge/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2018
Great experience with management and co-workers. Owners of the company are willing to advance you if you apply yourself. Recommend to any serious Security Guards
good place to work.
Concierge/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2018
this is a great place to work. the management team is always there to listen and help out. every site has different staff and is always different than the last place
Pros
paid break
Decent company
Concierge and Vallet (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 August 2017
Lots of shifts available

Money is pretty good

Sometimes last minute changes happen to your shifts

For a student or new imigrant this is pretty good work but really no future, no room to move ahead even within the company. They have theire friends and no room for you to move up.
Pros
Pretty decent wages
Cons
Dead end job, hours changing all the time
Customer Service
Concierge/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2017
Nice Uniform and emphasis are on Customer Service. Busy Site and Learned Condo Control and Humanity and Software Applications and fewer site are friendly to work in case there is a nice team work.
Cons
Extra hours are not given
Best Luxury service company out there
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
- Great overall company - there is no comparison. Owners are outstanding, head office team is incredible (CSM Nicole goes above and beyond her duties). Ground staff (concierge and valet team) across the company are great - much better than the typical security company.

hands down, the best concierge/valet company across the GTA
Excellent Company to work for
Executive Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
I have been with the company for 3.5 years and I can tell you that they are the most well paying, well trained and customer service minded company in the industry. I have been in security for 14 years and worked for big and small companies and this is BY FAR the best in Toronto. I have 24/7 access to my csm and ownership and management truly care. I get time off, on time reviews and excellent experience dealing with high end sites. I have also been paid for each referral that I have brought to the company. Try it for yourself. BEST BEST BEST

Thank you FHG!
Pros
Uniform is quality, support is constant
Cons
I really don't have
Best company ever
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Downtown1 February 2017
I have worked for Forest Hill Group for about 3 and a half years and it the best 3 years, the management of the company are great you need something they are there for you. Forest Hill Group is a great company to work for
Great Company to work for, Great Pay.
Executive Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
Since I started working for this Company , I've had the Best Support from Management, like any other Business you have to base your staff on Performance, a lot of the Reviews I have read are from Staff that can't perform simple duties. The The Forest hill Group offers the best pay $15. And up. The Forest Hill is Growing and needs staff that can think Common Sense, instead of a body that can't perform.
Pros
Great Pay Higher than most around.
Cons
Staff that can't do basic Common Sense jobs need not apply.
Don't waste your future
Concierge/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
The Forest Hill Group is the worst security company in GTA. They act like they are the high end security company but reality is they are below average not even close to average companies. I worked two years with them. They charged for uniform and never gave me full set. I checked with their other staffs and they also said the same thing. Always made mistakes in payroll, Missing hours, Office staffs are carp.
Pros
Cons
Take money from you, Payroll mistakes, Hours missing, Administration is worst
Miss-advertising
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
This is probably the worst security company to work for, they have no real pride treating their employees like slaves, and management has no clue what they are doing. Do not work for this company they will leave you in pain.

Hours and shifts are all over the place. Human resource manager is great and most employees are easy to get along with. No future in this company doing security as there is really no advancement.
Very Average
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
When I got into this company, I thought it was going to be great. I quickly realised that was untrue.

The luxury properties are run down apartment buildings in city place

The training is very minimal if any

The environment is very dull

The uniforms look pretty nice and the pay is decent

You're on your own, co-workers seem demoralized, no assistance.. very frequently my relief was late, when I told management I ended up being removed from the site. On another occasion my relief didn't show up at all and I was stuck doing 2 shifts. Seems like security companies really are all the same.
Pros
Nice uniforms, decent pay
Cons
minimal training, run down properties, no team enviornement
you wouldn't want to work for this company
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for ever!! the management talk about guards to other guards. They hire the worst EC's who have no experience. There is to much favouritism managers hire friends and family members. they hire people with no experience at higher pay rates. The scheduling department is so disorganized. They block employees from the employee website to book sites and you are trained at and give the jobs to who they are buddies with so it's hard to get full time hours. Employees spread rumours and management believes them. Employees who have years of experience end up working deadend sites and night shifts. The do not conduct themselves within the guidelines to the labour board so they have been sued. There really isn't a HR department with people who are educated in the field. And like most security companies the lie to you all the time about opportunities everywhere pay rates. They wouldn't know a good guard if they met one. They just want contracts once they have them they stop caring. They have no idea how to run a security company as they started out as a car wash and car detailing company. They come across as a high end security company but that's all a smoke screen!
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
listed below
Best company which I ever worked for , god bless F.H.G, Plz keep up the good work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
hi folks , well i found FOREST HILL GROUP the most coolest among all other companies out there , following are the reasons :

GOOD THINGS :

- Pay you good with hike in pay after you complete 1 year with them
- F.H.G dont bother you for stupid things such a your looks , beards , hairs , fashion jewellery etc .
- working hours as they promise
- lots of sites and very nice management
- no bunch of lairs
- you can request to change the site if you are not comfortable at one
- No place for abusers
- All superiors keep their promises
- Charge you low for uniform compare to other companies who is rip off like samsonshield .
- You can request for day off and most likely it will get approved if its genuine
- Dont investigate employees like criminals
- Cool mobile supervisors , managers , client manager , schedules , C.E.O as well
- TREAT EMPLOYEES WITH RESPECT . thank you for that & god bless you all for that .

Bad things :

I CANT FIND EVEN ONE after working for them almost a year now .
Pros
Good Pay, Good Hours, Cool Management, No Abuse, Will act on your complaints if you are good employee
Cons
Once high class, now not so much...
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2015
When I started with this company they were high class. They only had high end sites and the best people. When I left they had any site they could get their hands on and would hire pretty much anybody. They went from a company with only 7 sites to 20 or so when I left.

They were a joy to work for but honestly the management were more about their sites then their staff. It came to a point where the staff were second to the client and that is a dangerous thing in this industry.

I recommend this company however watch yourself and always stand up for yourself. Get to know they management as they are quite nice for the most part but honestly the upper echelon of the management team such as the Directors are less than palatable. They have no regard for their staff and unless you were their favorites they had no need for you.

The hardest thing about this job is all the professionalism. I had numerous people want to keep in touch after I left but the company forbade it. It was totally ridiculous and they are overly strict about resident interaction.

Great company to work for but it is no longer a luxury concierge company.. it is just like any other.
Pros
Management is friendly, Easy to deal with management and an overall well run company
Cons
No flexibility with hours, demanding hours and overworked staff
Best Job I've Ever Had!!
Concierge/Valet (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2015
Everyday on the job at The Forest Hill Group includes meeting new people and working with an excellent team. Everyone from the management team to the concierges/valets are outgoing and great to work with. By far the best job I've ever had.
Pros
Great management team
High paced workplace
Concierge services (Current Employee) –  Downtown Toronto29 June 2014
This was a high paced workplace. Always busy moving around, patrolling the condo. Customer service experience had increased exponentially during this period.