The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Employee Reviews

Great for advancement
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC7 February 2018
Fairmont Chateau Whistler is a good company as it supports development and advancement for its employees. It supports training and education if you would like to cross train to another position.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
turnovers
Energitic and fast pace environemt to work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC29 August 2017
A typical day at work would consist of an opening meeting with management and all staff, to discuss any important daily news and special guest information. Then staff would get their day organized by setting up the cleaning cart full of all amenities required, and head up to the working floor for the day. During my time with The Fairmont Chateau Whistler I have learned the value of time management as well setting a high standard of cleanliness to satisfy guest needs. I have also learned that I take great value in Management that respects and honors their staff. The workplace culture in the housekeeping department was on the lower side as most staff felt they were not able to voice their opinion as well were being pressured in areas of development. The hardest part of working in the housekeeping department was the stress induced on the body during the day. I found that the equipment required to succeed in our job was very heavy and at times not working properly, putting large amounts of stress on the body. The requirements to get as many rooms cleaned as quickly as possible also would put a lot of stress on health as there was a pressure to get the job done as quickly as possible. Although there were hard parts to the job I found the most enjoyable part of the job was the wonderful people that I was ale to meet from around the world. I was able to meet guests and other employees that would share stories from their homes and adventures, and this made the daily work day great.
Pros
free daily meal
Cons
long daily working hours