The Face Shop

The Face Shop Management reviews

Canada26 reviews

Clear

great products, good prices, easy job

easy place to work. large korean clien base, speaking korean is an asset. enjoyed management and coworkers. discount is great for employees. unfortunately no benefits for part time employees. trendy products

Pros

good products, good deals

Cons

hard to make targets when slow

There was pretty good!

I worked at The Face Shop for 4 months great team fun to work great customers Cons no commission high goal, no return mean manager Advice to Management store goals are toooo high

Horrible head office management

If you want to work at a place where head office will treat you like your a servant then this is the place for you. If not run far away. The head office will bark orders and snap there fingers like your a dog. Yes you work in a business and at the end of the day your there to make the company money but you are treated as if you are absolutely worthless.

Pros

Non

Cons

Rude upper management

excellent team work

worked with people who belong from different cultures and built a strong leadership quality and excellent team work.The management is highly communicable and easy to reach and in addition to this we all made a comfortable atmosphere at our work providing excellent customer service.

Pros

employee discount

Cons

less staff

Terrible Experience

They had no flexibility, poor management, under kept facilities, and they are consistently hiring new people. Left due to completely inappropriate behaviour.

Pros

I loved selling the products

Cons

entire work environment

Great Products but Horrible Upper Management

They are only for asian culture and customers... They expect the world with no help from upper management and a lot come out of your own pocket. you do get a great employee discount but it not worth the pain you have to deal with them..

Pros

Great Products

Cons

Not enough pay/ upper management asks for too much

I met amazing people but the management is terrible

I met people that i COULD CONSIDERER FRIENDS FOR LIFE BUT HT EHEAD OFFICE AND MANAGEMENT ARE TERRIBLE! The schedules were always out 2 days before your shifts, so unorganized...

Pros

Free products, nice team

Cons

Schedule out late, management so bad, head office give crazy targets

Fun place to work because of coworkers, job itself is very boring

TFS is overall a wonderful place to work - my coworkers all get along with myself and with each other, the company provides many bonuses and perks in the form of gifts/gratis, and the management is very good. I have learned quite a lot about skincare and the natural ingredients that are put into The Face Shop's products, and have a deeper understanding now of the skin and its behaviour, compared to before my employment with this company. My only complaint is that when it's slow, it's SLOW. Time seems to go crawling by and honestly, you can only clean a shelf so many times before you go insane.

Pros

Workplace dynamic, acquiring knowledge

Cons

Long hours on your feet, slow days are dreadful

Depends on which store you work at

My coworkers were all great and did not deliberately steal personal sales, since it's not commission based. With regards to the head office, it's a completely different story. They are incompetent, and do not care if you cannot make your sales goals because there are hardly any items in stock.

Training.......Nope

Good luck - thrown to the wolves. Didn't receive any actual training for 5months and was in a management position, the 'training' I did receive was bra bitter staff member who treated me poorly from day one not that upper management cared. Left to figure out all the crazy report sending schedule to yourself. Upper management is never happy with your performance, it's just not good enough. Not even bring the store to having the best sales it had ever had at that location. Never celebrated either! *stay away*

Pros

Decent skincare

Cons

Overworked under paid and never celebrated.

Overworked. Underpaid. Treated Horribly.

-You're usually asked to do way more than your expected job title asks you to do. -Store staff are great, but when it comes to upper management, they are usually unhelpful, unfair, disrespectful and are not fit to do their jobs. -Somehow, staff know more about procedures and products than upper management. -Asked to do things outside of working hours

Pros

Great staff in store

Cons

Horrible Upper Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Face Shop. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement