The Face Shop

Clear
3.1Job security & advancement

Insights into The Face Shop

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Love my coworkers, pay not so much

The job is great for learning about sales and various products in Korean skincare. Friendly coworkers and helpful managers. Definitely had fun while at work despite the stress of reaching goals. However sales goals are occasionally very hard to reach and hours are long. It is very hard to be promoted or get a pay raise within the company.

Fun and nice work place

High pressure work place with a lot of fun challenges and consistenly changing in the company direction and culture. However, definately a place to learn things

Fun place to work because of coworkers, job itself is very boring

TFS is overall a wonderful place to work - my coworkers all get along with myself and with each other, the company provides many bonuses and perks in the form of gifts/gratis, and the management is very good. I have learned quite a lot about skincare and the natural ingredients that are put into The Face Shop's products, and have a deeper understanding now of the skin and its behaviour, compared to before my employment with this company. My only complaint is that when it's slow, it's SLOW. Time seems to go crawling by and honestly, you can only clean a shelf so many times before you go insane.

Pros

Workplace dynamic, acquiring knowledge

Cons

Long hours on your feet, slow days are dreadful

Train yourself because if you become involved in store management, no one above you has a clue what it takes to run a store. Brutal marketing.

Major stock issues, very ugly uniforms, no support from Head Office. This company used to be Fruits and Passion and the snotty people @ HQ still think it is. All their paperwork still has Fruits and Passion on it. So many great store Managers have left the business due to stock issues and zero support. No room for career advancement and they lay it on thick during the interview process and promise a "fast track" to greater things.

Pros

Great product discount.

Cons

Long wait for benefits. No training so teach yourself.

It was a great experience for me, it was in my interest so i enjoyed learning and helping customers. The employees were nice and welcoming. Overall a great, comfortable environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Face Shop. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Face Shop