The Face Shop

The Face Shop Employee Reviews for Retail Assistant Manager

Retail Assistant Manager5 reviews
Canada5 reviews

3.2Pay & benefits

great products, good prices, easy job

easy place to work. large korean clien base, speaking korean is an asset. enjoyed management and coworkers. discount is great for employees. unfortunately no benefits for part time employees. trendy products

Pros

good products, good deals

Cons

hard to make targets when slow

Love my coworkers, pay not so much

The job is great for learning about sales and various products in Korean skincare. Friendly coworkers and helpful managers. Definitely had fun while at work despite the stress of reaching goals. However sales goals are occasionally very hard to reach and hours are long. It is very hard to be promoted or get a pay raise within the company.

Insights into The Face Shop

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fun place to work, not good $$

I loved working for the face shop. I learned so much about skin and was able to sell products according to my knowledge. The hardest part of the job was being inside Chinook mall. The general population is rude and pushy when walking through the halls, but once you got inside the store its fairly small and quiet, making it a bit easier to talk with your client or fellow employees. When you are hired they tell you it's seasonal so unfortunately most people don't stay very long and the pay will not be above minimum wage.

Pros

fun

Cons

not good money

Horrible head office management

If you want to work at a place where head office will treat you like your a servant then this is the place for you. If not run far away. The head office will bark orders and snap there fingers like your a dog. Yes you work in a business and at the end of the day your there to make the company money but you are treated as if you are absolutely worthless.

Pros

Non

Cons

Rude upper management

Productive and fun

Working at the Face Shop, I was able to sell more than $10,500 worth of products in a single month. This made me the top seller for the company in Canada, a position to which I remained until I had departed. Through this, staff would learn through my actions on how to sell, so as a team we had brought up our sales tremendously that our store became the top selling store in Canada. Once again, we had remained on top even after a few months I had departed. I was also given the task by my manager to decipher in other locations why sales are low within the store. If it meant training them, then I am there to train them on how to sell, so the team and I would bring up the sales together. So, it isn't done as an individual, but as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Face Shop. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement