The Face Shop

The Face Shop Employee Reviews in Barrie, ON

Barrie, ON1 review

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 50 reviews

Great environment!

A typical day of work at The Face Shop was introducing people to a new and foreign brand and helping them figure out what products are best for them. Despite being there for only a month as a seasonal sales associate, I learned a lot of things such as how to figure out what skin type someone was, how certain ingredients in our product would help which issues they were having with their skin, how to apply makeup, etc. My manager was fantastic. She did a great job of keeping the store and its employees happy and organised. My co-workers were all very friendly and did very well at their jobs. Everyone had different talents which helped them excel. The hardest part of my job at first was memorizing all the product. A lot of the descriptions on the product were written in Korean, so I would take the information binder home for the first week and study it every night. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was making connections with the customers and helping them find something that they enjoy using. It always felt great to know I was able to help them.

Pros

Great environment, helpful employees, thorough training, flexible schedule, discount

Insights into The Face Shop

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Face Shop. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement