The Face Shop

The Face Shop Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews

Insights into The Face Shop

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

great products, good prices, easy job

easy place to work. large korean clien base, speaking korean is an asset. enjoyed management and coworkers. discount is great for employees. unfortunately no benefits for part time employees. trendy products

Pros

good products, good deals

Cons

hard to make targets when slow

There was pretty good!

I worked at The Face Shop for 4 months great team fun to work great customers Cons no commission high goal, no return mean manager Advice to Management store goals are toooo high

Love my coworkers, pay not so much

The job is great for learning about sales and various products in Korean skincare. Friendly coworkers and helpful managers. Definitely had fun while at work despite the stress of reaching goals. However sales goals are occasionally very hard to reach and hours are long. It is very hard to be promoted or get a pay raise within the company.

Competitive

At the face shop employees aren't paid commission. Competitive environment in order to reach sales goals can damage relationships between co-workers.

Pros

employee discount, rewarding feeling of satisfying customers, learning about skin care

Cons

competitive environment

Fun and nice work place

High pressure work place with a lot of fun challenges and consistenly changing in the company direction and culture. However, definately a place to learn things

Fun place to work, not good $$

I loved working for the face shop. I learned so much about skin and was able to sell products according to my knowledge. The hardest part of the job was being inside Chinook mall. The general population is rude and pushy when walking through the halls, but once you got inside the store its fairly small and quiet, making it a bit easier to talk with your client or fellow employees. When you are hired they tell you it's seasonal so unfortunately most people don't stay very long and the pay will not be above minimum wage.

Pros

fun

Cons

not good money

management, work enviroment

no employee benefits, over working staff, inaccurate pay checks. I had to work more than I needed to, with no overtime pay. The corporate did not seem to know what they were doing

Horrible head office management

If you want to work at a place where head office will treat you like your a servant then this is the place for you. If not run far away. The head office will bark orders and snap there fingers like your a dog. Yes you work in a business and at the end of the day your there to make the company money but you are treated as if you are absolutely worthless.

Pros

Non

Cons

Rude upper management

excellent team work

worked with people who belong from different cultures and built a strong leadership quality and excellent team work.The management is highly communicable and easy to reach and in addition to this we all made a comfortable atmosphere at our work providing excellent customer service.

Pros

employee discount

Cons

less staff

Terrible Experience

They had no flexibility, poor management, under kept facilities, and they are consistently hiring new people. Left due to completely inappropriate behaviour.

Pros

I loved selling the products

Cons

entire work environment

Great Products but Horrible Upper Management

They are only for asian culture and customers... They expect the world with no help from upper management and a lot come out of your own pocket. you do get a great employee discount but it not worth the pain you have to deal with them..

Pros

Great Products

Cons

Not enough pay/ upper management asks for too much

Too competitive

Too competitive. If you are someone who enjoys competitions than you will enjoy this job. A little hard to manage school and life but in general it's not bad.

I met amazing people but the management is terrible

I met people that i COULD CONSIDERER FRIENDS FOR LIFE BUT HT EHEAD OFFICE AND MANAGEMENT ARE TERRIBLE! The schedules were always out 2 days before your shifts, so unorganized...

Pros

Free products, nice team

Cons

Schedule out late, management so bad, head office give crazy targets

It is a great international work place.

I've learnt how to manage the store from the Faceshop with highly responsible attitude. I love communicate with customers if they laugh that will make my day.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Less training

fun work place

Loved the working environment and you get to learn a lot about the products and can also bring home some samples. Although it's commissioned but theres not too much preassure.

Fun place to work because of coworkers, job itself is very boring

TFS is overall a wonderful place to work - my coworkers all get along with myself and with each other, the company provides many bonuses and perks in the form of gifts/gratis, and the management is very good. I have learned quite a lot about skincare and the natural ingredients that are put into The Face Shop's products, and have a deeper understanding now of the skin and its behaviour, compared to before my employment with this company. My only complaint is that when it's slow, it's SLOW. Time seems to go crawling by and honestly, you can only clean a shelf so many times before you go insane.

Pros

Workplace dynamic, acquiring knowledge

Cons

Long hours on your feet, slow days are dreadful

high pressure working

Pros great benefits amazing people who work with you gets to interact and build nice relationships with customers Cons head office does not care about you, just your sales high pressure working high sales goal, which are sometimes impossible

Productive and fun

Working at the Face Shop, I was able to sell more than $10,500 worth of products in a single month. This made me the top seller for the company in Canada, a position to which I remained until I had departed. Through this, staff would learn through my actions on how to sell, so as a team we had brought up our sales tremendously that our store became the top selling store in Canada. Once again, we had remained on top even after a few months I had departed. I was also given the task by my manager to decipher in other locations why sales are low within the store. If it meant training them, then I am there to train them on how to sell, so the team and I would bring up the sales together. So, it isn't done as an individual, but as a team.

Depends on which store you work at

My coworkers were all great and did not deliberately steal personal sales, since it's not commission based. With regards to the head office, it's a completely different story. They are incompetent, and do not care if you cannot make your sales goals because there are hardly any items in stock.

fun great nice funny people to work with and u learn new things every day

i really like this job i makes you learn so much about you self and ur skin since i have been working here i now know what my skin ton is like and what to use and what not to use wish is fine by me and Im able to help others feel goof about them self in and out as well

Pros

u get break but u don't get pay for it

Cons

40 hours a week but no over time just when they need help with stock

Training.......Nope

Good luck - thrown to the wolves. Didn't receive any actual training for 5months and was in a management position, the 'training' I did receive was bra bitter staff member who treated me poorly from day one not that upper management cared. Left to figure out all the crazy report sending schedule to yourself. Upper management is never happy with your performance, it's just not good enough. Not even bring the store to having the best sales it had ever had at that location. Never celebrated either! *stay away*

Pros

Decent skincare

Cons

Overworked under paid and never celebrated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Face Shop. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement