The Estée Lauder Companies

The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

Canada167 reviews

Found 167 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,149 reviews

Teamwork

Never felt alone and robotic. You had a team and got the job done and the job wasn’t that hard either it was a great job. Once you get in the groove of cleaning you can take your breaks when you want and the washroom.

Horrible place to work

Poor management and communication between the temp agency GC Employment and Estee Lauder. For two days in a row I made a commute all the way there for nothing only to be sent home twice by Security because the Supervisor was no where to be found. It is the Supervisor's responsibility to show a new candidate around, give him/her their lab coat and, where to clock in/out besides showing them which locker they can use. I brought my safety shoes, safety glasses and lock, but no one cared, helped me or showed me around. I felt I was not welcome? Why are we paying rich Politicians and Celebrities crazy amounts of money when they treat some workers so horribly?

Pros

Nothing, don't waste your precious time.

Cons

Discrimination and harassment.

overall bad

In the Manufacturing, Packaging Department most of the employees are from South Asian specially Indians. Line leaders and maintenance technicians doesn't know to communicate in English. Also they are very rude The management don't care about what is going on the floor. so nasty work place politics Should be change the department and needed diverse culture

Toxic workplace

Horrible. Toxic. Manager is a manipulator, employees work based on fear. Manager loves the drama and encourages people to complain and backstab each other, creating so much drama. And there is favortism for Indians. They put them above everyone else just because the manager is indian. They would screw an employee just because an indian complained about them or doesn’t like them. Also, there is nepotism going on in this place, where incompatible and unqualified people are hired in management positions just because they are related to someone in the workplace (mostly indians getting indians in) and these people abuse their positions.

Pros

Nothing other than salary and makeup

Cons

Favourtism, always overtime on weekends, bullying, nepotism.

Great place to start in your cosmetics journey

This company is great for training, twice per year the educators demonstrate new and innovative products and how to promote them. It’s generally a happy and morale boosting atmosphere but it is a great stepping stone in the cosmetic industry.

Pros

Gratis for products twice per year

Cons

Retail hours

Some of management is toxic

It is a vapid industry (fashion). Management will obsess over if the red is too yellow or too blue or there are fine lines or not enough sparkle for each and every product. it is a tiresome company to work for. Meaningless work in a vapid industry.

Pros

the pay is high

Cons

the hours are long and the work serves no real purpose

Fast paced and sometimes too stressful

Could have been a better work environment if the company provides chairs, tables and supplies required in each line. The problem is that before you start to work, you have to find your own chair, table, tape machine and other supplies for the line which contributes to stress right at the beginning of your shift. Each line should have enough chairs required for use for people assigned. Inadequate available chairs is preposterous given that this is a quite big company. The line leader will tell you to look for these things. The break period is too short. Going to the break room takes at least 3 minutes, sometimes you have to go to the rest room, it takes 2-3 minutes to heat the food in microwave as you are forced to put your food in the fridge which makes it cold, therefore, takes longer time to heat up the food. There are line leader who assume that you already know all the machine functions on how to operate although it is your first time. Sometimes, the line leader pushes to finish the task at a very fast pace and finish early, only to be idle later for 30 minutes before quitting time. Employees are rotated to different job every 2-3 hours.

Pros

Most of colleagues are nice and amiable

Cons

Short break time, Chairs are scarce

Good as a survival job

As a survival job? Yes, it is a decent job. But as a career? No, I would not recommend this place.There is no room for growth in this company. Any type of help you would want to offer in hopes to grow in this company, they will exploit you for your skills. They tell you that if you want to grow in this company, to let them know. I have put myself out there: I have done safety training, BBS coaching, even work outside my field of expertise, but even after all of that, I got nowhere. Most of the supervisors have no idea what they are doing, and never take responsibility.

Pros

Easy to take days off

Cons

No room for growth

High prestige company

The secure and ongoing work situation, and helpful line leaders help to improve your skills and experience. Every facilities for keeping the employees safe and healthy are provided.

Pros

Twice Weekly COVID-19 tests

Fun place to work.

I have worked in many companies Estée Lauder is one of the best company , it’s fast paced work but it’s nice place to work, very good company,great place to work.

Great time to learn new things and work with different nationality.

I am working as an Assistant Compounder and I just started my career here and I really enjoyed it first few days it is stressful regarding to work but eventually it will be good.

Very stressful

I don't know why they give so much stress to employees. Who came from agency. Any time they fire the employee. Not recommended who looking for full-time.

Even

A good place to work the supervisors are kind enough to their staff most of the staff are good very clean environment when you problem the supervisor will help you immediately even you are age cy the company has a benefits for the employee every 3 months they give different kinds of perfume worth 1000 dollar

Terrible workplace

Stressful work environment and terrible pushy management that will come down like a tonne of bricks if you can't hurry up and make production. You will not get very high in the job ladder so don't bother and look for another job.Overall, worst company I've worked for. Only apply if you a despirate for min wage pay with temp layoff sometimes.

productive and fun at work place.

It was fun all through working here. but the salary is indeed very very poor.want you to work but no security, working wit them thru a agency. too much politics here

Pros

yes free gift

Really poor management

Management doesnt care about promoting within staff and only focuses on hiring strangers. Expected the assistant manager to train the new manager. You would think that if the assistant manager is competent enough to train the new manager, the assistant manager should've been the new manager

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Poor communication. No company recognition

Productive and fun work place,competitive activity.

Thank you to the Estee Lauder Manager,because I recive from her and all staff ,a good experience of work and many beautiful and good quality products gifts,as a work remuneration.

Terrible place to work

Manpower is the worst agency to work with. No one tells you the truth whenever you ask a question. They give lay off only to certain people and the inform you at last minute. No on at Estée Lauder care about no one.

Productive and responsible work place

you can work up to 5000 hrs through agency. They hardly give contract. 2, 3 times they will renew and hire or finish the contract. shift time is very good. friendly enviorment. each person learng the A-Z line operation. team leaders are helpful.

Pros

learning environment

Cons

no hiring

All Good

Great Company And they have a great HR Manager Beautiful environment and multi cultures I was contractor in Estée Lauder , still I have good memories and good relations with some people over there

Productive and fun workplace

It’s nice and friendly place to work. The good thing is they give the appreciation bag to all their employees at every 3 months and every biweekly they make an employee meeting of stalest 1 hour.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement