Play YouTube video button

The Erb Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Canada81 reviews
Featured review
The Erb Group of Companies selected this as a representative review
A great place to work if you want a challenge and to absorb an abundance of transferable knowledge. The employees I work with, both within my department as well as outside have been nothing but kind and accepting. Erb is unique as they truly value growth from within, by encouraging internal movement.
Dispatch was easy to get along with. They were always willing to work with you. The work environment at any of there 9 terminals was always good. The equipment was up to date and well maintained.
Pros
The co is self insured, meaning there were less drug tests and cvor's to present.
Cons
There was a 2 way camera in the trucks. Any events were recorded, and had to be reviewed by the safety rep at you're terminal. Some drivers had a problem with this.
Hiring process is a trap. They do not provide facts. They lie during hiring process and make things look pretty, once hired you'll find out eventually what you walked into. No matter how dedicated you may be they won't let you bank more than $3000-$3500 a month as a driver. No set start times. Work schedules are unpredictable. People are entitled to take chances, so try for yourself.
Pros
Easy going, smoking in tractor, big promises
Cons
Payroll, upper management, recruitment process, favoritism, fear mongering, liars and plenty more
Management always breaking company policies and the law. Smoking in vehicles, telling employees to break E-Log hours etc. Zero communication if any issues brought forward, they turn there head to it all the way up to top management. Promise everything at the beginning to get you on board but that’s it. I do not recommend this company at all.
Worked for erb 3 years and they never. had miles . weekly miles were 1500 to 1700 my last week there i did 1400 miles and i had to fight for the last pay .There famous excuse is thats all we have. There is forced dispatch and problems with pays u lose on a average 40 to a 100 miles . Disorganized dispatch they do not have a clue whats going on. Bottom line stay away lousy company
Good environment,great people to work with, so much to learn from it's been 6 months but still i get to learn something new. The system is easy to use but you need to know the codes which makes it tricky.
This is a very demanding job but a rewarding company to work for. You are treated fairly and all they ask in return is a good honest days work. Hours can be a little long though.
Pros
Good pay, Great exercise and awesome manegement
Cons
Long days
Pay was reasonable for the shunting portion of the job but the management there needs some serious attention. The yard was not well maintained and in bad weather snow removal was almost nonexistent. Was unable to get coveralls and this becomes a problem if you’re asked to preform wash outs of straight trucks or trailers also had shift coverage problems on nights and parking spaces are not available on weekends
Good place to work, friendly people and good work life balance. People communicate well and the company promotes from within. Training and development is good but could be more hands on.
Typical day at work involves office politics, collaboration is frowned upon.
Everyone is in it for themselves.

Toxic work environment with gang like workers.

Tattle tails and spy's for mgmt exist that throw you under the bus or look to find faults or make a great deal out of nothing to make themselves look superior.

Not a family environment as they boast on the site.

Introvert racism seen towards people of color.

Poor office conditions, trailers put together to make office space.

Sitting back to back with someone.

Lunch area's are not a thing at this company, warm up your lunch and sit at your desk.

Management in some departments are there by default and no skill of being or pretending to be a manager.

Employees are treated, and paid poorly, and worked like slaves.Its sad to see as this company is owned by memonites which are known to be hospitable.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Erb Group of Companies?
Erb is full of disgruntled employees. A terrible work environment and upper management doesn't care about harrassment or the happiness of their employees.
Erb is a great company with owners that have good, family values. It is privately owned, and compensation for their employees is above average. They also provide excellent benefits and employee support.
Erb group is the best place to start working for those who have a year experience. Driver services department
Always focuses to refresh knowledge and training of all drivers. Winter driving program was excellent which increases your knowledge. Supervisor was very helpful during my stay..I still tell new drivers to join Erb .
ERB....what can I say? I've been here for a few years now, and can say that this company is working day to day (the work version of living pay to pay). This is going to be long, grab a seat.

Management needs either an overhaul, or needs to be brought into the current state of driving. It's still an old boys club, living 40 years in the past in an industry that has changed dramatically, but their thinking hasn't even come close to catching up. In the past, drivers were a dime a dozen. A driver could be replaced easily within 24 hours. Now, there's not enough drivers out there to fill the seats. Yet ERB still has the mentality that they are disposable and easily replaced. This has resulted in a severe shortage of good, qualified drivers at all terminal locations. As well, this disposable mentality has gotten so bad that the morale of the drivers is very, very seriously affected.

Touching on management again, You have people in management who have driven and those that haven't. They both have the same attitude towards drivers, though. Work hard and work the way we TELL you to work or go work someplace else. It just seems that management is stuck in 1980. The attitude of "who cares about the driver, the freight must go through". It doesn't matter to management what issue you may be experiencing, all they want you to do is shut up, get behind the wheel and help them get their bonus. All other considerations are moot. If you go to management with a legitimate concern, they'll smile and nod, make the right noises of commiseration, then just sweep everything under the rug and
 - more...
Pros
Industry standard wages, constant, steady work
Cons
Management, politics, drama
I’ve worked for Erb since 2017 and i injoy my job and the people I work wit it’s a good company to work for.its nice and close to my residence and look forward to what the future has to offer with erb
If youre looking for a job security this is the place, people are easy to work with, benefits are good, close to my home, they have boots and tools al
Consistantly hounded by office staff, even when legitimate reasons are apparent. No way to communicate with dispatch eventhough we have satellites and multiple phone lines they can answer. Docked lunches even when we don't have time, or don't stop - unless you're one of the members of the "baseball team." Favoured left, right and center depending who you are and who you drink with. Always in the wrong even when you are right. Simply put... don't work here. Nickles and dimes is what you will make after payroll goes over your trip sheets. If Erb owes you money it would be faster to make your own currency.
Terminal manager does nothing, but is great at kissing parmalat and tcs butts.Dispatch treats you like garbage unless your one of their buddies.They think they are the greatest trucking company going. Trust me if you see a erb truck in trenton or belleville ask them what they think.I guarantee 75 to 80% will say the same thing. You know the hard part is it used to be a really good place to work but nobody cares anymore. The good thing your pay is awaye there, mind you they probably screwed that up to.
I have been working for Erb for 7 months and I love it! Everyone is very kind and welcoming. The company offers lots of opportunity for career advancement, this is great for people who are eager to learn and are ambitious. The team is very collaborative and open minded. Management is laissez-faire, this is great for me because I enjoy being able to share solutions and having the autonomy to carry plans out. I would recommend seeing if this company is a fit for you!
I am newer to Erb but I have seen enough to make a pretty objective review.

We are in a very pricey area, yes the pay is a bit lower - I can't go and buy a house on this salary. However, that's just a starting wage. This company is a firm believer on merit increases - so they will bump you up if you perform well.

The managers are supportive, they have a job to do but they also care about the person behind the desk. This company is big on ensuring you have flexibility to care for your family and self. There is a lot of respect and freedom.

The work is challenging but the teams are built so that you can ask for help, work collaboratively, and management is always around to offer support where they can.

You can feel the heart and family in this company. Everything here is done with passion and feeling, in addition to strategy and advancement. It's the perfect place for someone wanting to be a part of a large family and also with a company who is a leader in transportation.

Truthfully Erb is a fantastic place to work, and the corporate team is always open to suggestions. I really enjoy being at this company, and as we move into 2020 it's exciting to see where this company will go!
Erb is an amazing place to work, everyone is extremely helpful and very friendly. If you are a hard worker and a team player this company is right for you, these are the employees that receive opportunities to advance. Collaboration and optimism at this company is key. The company has gone through many changes, and change is difficult for many people but they have done a very good job at managing this change, and each move has been for the better. The company cares about the employees and they have an amazing Founder and President. They have Summer BBQ's and appreciation events.

The only thing that this company can improve is the training received upon starting (non-existent in some departments), this could definitely be better. As well as adding an interactive self-service Employee portal or system for quick access to our information.

Great Job Erb!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Erb Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9