The Erb Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Trenton terminal is a joke.
Midnight dispatch (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON18 July 2019
If you’re a female and applying for a midnight dispatch position you might do alright. The guy you work with might actually train you if you’re semi attractive. If you’re a male you will just be ignored, belittled and treated like terribly and management doesn’t care. Nothing ever gets done and everyone seems miserable. Do yourself a favour and avoid this place.
Wanna live in a truck?
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON3 June 2019
Live in a truck, puppet on a string, hours of service day says you can work 14 hours, these guys push you 14 +, paid hourly in Trenton, deliver to Belleville and it's by the mile
Pros
2-3 decent employees
Cons
Hours, pay, terrible benefits, forced dispatch, favoritism
Driver last culture
Az local driver (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON31 May 2019
Trenton is the worst run terminal. Manager is incompetent. Pretty much only a union could save this place now. Drivers are treated so poorly. Hopefully one day things change. I like erb as a whole, but not my terminal.
Pros
Pay check clears
Cons
Just about everything else
Busy place to work
Truck Driver Freight Delivery (Former Employee) –  Baden, ON7 May 2019
This Company would allways call me between 3am -4am
with my start time.
Average 14-16 hours a day
Drive 500 km per day delivering Freight across Southern Ontario
making 18-20 deliveries
Allways stopped to pick up Freight on way back to the
Baden Terminal
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Used to be a good place to work
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Ontario22 April 2019
This place has gone downhill tremendously.. I used to work for a regional division for almost 15 years at this company and new supervisors and management took over my division as well as others.Management used to care about the driver now they could care less when drivers quit they pretty much open the door when they give their notice. The old Erb transport had a good relationship with their drivers. I know not all of our divisions have such selfish cocky managers but it's pretty bad when a new manager takes over and drivers start dropping like flies. I'm so glad I found a new company I used to think the world of ERB but now I wouldn't recommend them to any driver.
Pros
Newer equipment
Cons
Lower than average pay and a complete joke for benefits.
Okay if you dont want a life.
AZ Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON19 March 2019
Make very average pay. Lots of down time. Cant ever get a dispatch via their oh so fancy sattelite. trentons patroll will nickle and dime you and she is one of the rudest people to deal with but that's okay, she's salaried and doesn't have to fight for what shes earned. They say they dont watch the cameras in the trucks, but that is the farthest from the truth. They claim to be family oriented, but that appears to only be true for the Erb family and upper management. The force you to take the best fleet to drive for surveys in front of them so they can decal their equipment with fake awards. They claim to have great home time. They make you work on call 5 days a week. And expect you to work 14 plus hours a day then go home and never know if you're going to have 10 or 18 hours off to repeat. Sounds like a lot of whining, but every word is true. Be very sceptical when accepting a job. Dont think the grass is greener on the erb side. A plus, what they do agree to pay you, clears every second week.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
More than the pros
Work is good and don't make you work hard.
310T Tech (Former Employee) –  New Hamburg, ON29 October 2018
I enjoyed working there with everyone but just wasn't a good fit with my family life. The hardest part about the job was finding a way to adapt with my family life. The hardest was working midnight shift.
This company is dreadfully stagnant you're stuck in the late 70s
Drivers (Current Employee) –  Montreal17 August 2018
At Erb work first family second. They speak the speak but don't walk the line. A family environment can,t be grown out of a 14 hour work day. Erb does not pay enough for the blood and sweat they request. The customer service an employee balance is broken. Erb greatly needs to evolve to modernize streamline. Put their employees ahead of deadlines. Without good happy employees no company shall LEED into the future.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Too much work
Not a good work environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2018
You'll just be another butt that fills the seat. If you know more then the management team you won't go anywhere. Not a healthy work environment. Male dominated.
Pros
Cons
No respect
Truck and Trailer Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2018
its been great working for erb transport but its time to move on to something else I have learned a lot from the guys working there I will take my skill to the next level
Fast paced environment
AZ Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2018
From the time you start working here, it is a very fast paced environment. Anything that happens wrong is always the drivers fault. Management is open to talking but only if they can control the conversation. Not the nicest place to work if you have to travel more than a half an hour.
Cons
long hours and low pay
Productive and easy work
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 April 2018
A job that anybody can do easily enough with the luxury of waiting on the job for trucks to arrive to be loaded and unloaded. Workers are all friendly and co-operative with one another.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Waiting for trucks
Mismanagement overall
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 February 2018
Lack of appreciation for hardwork. Few chances for advancement. No consistency in the company. Chances of increments are none. Basically fending for yourself.
Cons
No appreciation
kind stafff
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2018
working at Erb transport was a cold experience. Working in cold storage can be a challenge especially in the winter. It was a good experience to have under my belt!
Pros
loose environment
Cons
evenings or night shift only
prductive and fun for the most part
Doc worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2018
pay was nice great shift availability and people on the doc were cool and easy to get along with. job was not to crazy or complicated. but the temperature on the doc was a bit to cold.
Still One of The Best Companies to Drive For
Owner/Operator/transport driver (Current Employee) –  Baden, ON2 November 2017
I've worked at ERB for over 15 years so that should be an indicator that it is a reasonably decent trucking company to work for, considering they're still regarded in the top 20 out of thousands of companies in North America.
Pros
Good equipment, well maintained. Approachable management. Fair in treatment.
Cons
Over the road long distance driving is not a great life.
Was a good place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON and North bay, ON16 October 2017
We would have to sort trailer loads of product for different grocery chains, organize different products for the same locations, then put order together for Thor destination
Pros
Was off Monday tuesday
Cons
Worked every weekend
fun workplace
Payroll Assistant/Driver Services (Current Employee) –  Baden, ON22 April 2017
A fun work environment to be in everyday.
I've learned great time management, many new skills and continue to learn new things everyday.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people I get to work with.
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2017
Very detailed oriented work dealing with frozen and fresh goods. Setting up delivery appt with customer in a timely manner. Answering any inquiries and as well as tracing orders.
ok
Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2017
Have new equipment for OTR drivers and older for the city work
try to work with the drivers the best they can
some contracts are better than others
Pros
new equipment for otr drivers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Erb Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.