THE ECONOMICAL INSURANCE GROUP Employee Reviews

Too bad its gone downhill
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 May 2018
Money is more important than employees. . Regardless of their "employee engagement" speeches.

The back stabbers are the ones that get promoted to management. They made my life very difficult in the last year

Too bad. . It used to be a great company
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Beware of aging in this company
Great work-life balance
Head Office Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 May 2018
Excellent work culture and good prospects to grow in the insurance industry. Good work like balance. Overall good benefits for staff. Good place to join and gain excellent technical insurance knowledge
Insurance
Claims Assistant / Assignment Desk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 February 2018
I worked for a long time there. Nice people are to be met, carrying and fun yet professional. They care for your personal well being. It is at the end of the day a business so whatever makes the business more lean will be the decisive point.
high turn over department
coporate Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 June 2017
purchasing team is a high turn over team, 80% people are new hires when I worked there, managers are also new. some have no procurement experience, high turn over on management level. there is no process in place, nor proper training for new hire. extra working hours in office or bring the work home is the expectation. HOWEVER, coworkers are excellent.
Pros
lots of perks, benefits good.
Cons
high turn over
not for the faint of heart
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2017
If you are ambitious and competitive, enjoy the insurance industry, this is a great place to work. The company truly invests in their employees but you have to be willing to put in the work and hours.
Environnement de travail tres satisfaisante
Receptionniste \ Standardiste (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 November 2016
Dans un environnement bilingue tres positif, joyeux, ce fut aussie tres occupé, avec une clientele et des collegues hors paire, ce fut un charme travailler pour Economical Insurance Group.
Pros
Heures de bureau.
Cons
Ottawa.
Intuitive company
Risk Control Consultant (Electrical Inspector) (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 February 2016
Great place to grow new ideas and develop training programs. Great teaching school.
. I would recommend this school to anyone that is interested in furthering their education.
Pros
Learning centre
Cons
Are none
Everybody dream job
Underwriter/ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 September 2015
Cultural diversity, acceptance and willing to train each new person so he/she would become the best. A lot of work but it was fun to work there and had a lot of rewards for the work done. A good place to get promoted or develop in the direction you desired.
Pros
Parties, lunches, in-house trainings
Cons
Nothing that I'm aware of
Stimulating and dynamic work environment, with a great opportunity to learn and grow into an insurance professional
Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, Ontario2 June 2015
The role of a Claims Adjuster with The Economical Insurance Group, enabled me to utilize my existing customer service experience, as well as branch off into a well-rounded individual where I was able to apply multi-tasking abilities and organizational skills. These skills included, but were not limited to, data entry, organization, negotiation, liaison with other internal and external departments where I authoritatively confirmed coverage details, and communicated with third parties. This allowed claims to finalized and handled smoothly from inception to settlement. Also adhering to strict company and industry regulations was a must for success in this role. Prior to this position, as a Claims Assistant at Economical's Head Office, I maintained many departmental files and systems. I was the main point of all external and internal communication for any claims related issues or appointments that entered office. Furthermore, I learned to balance financial claim reserves, and was authorized to submit payments, cheques and US Drafts to our clients.
Pros
Autonomy and individual development
Cons
N/a
Great place to work at
Auto Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 August 2014
This is a great place to work at, I have learned a lot about auto claims processing. They have a great benefit package. Great working condition and team lead sometimes brought us lunch. I had to relocate that's why I am no longer at this company.
Pros
Great working condition, team lead sometimes brought us lunch.
Cons
N/a
Awesome place to be emplyed
Risk Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  vancouver, bc8 May 2014
Inspections of farms and local business and condos. Worked from home compiling large reports
Great place to work.
Security Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 November 2013
Great place to work, co-works very supportive. The most enjoyable part of my job was the wide arrange of responsibilities.
Pros
Alternative work schedule
Beware of "Transformation" run away from this company.
Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Waterloo28 October 2013
This is not the time to work for this company. Better to wait until they go public. They will need talented people at that time, right now it's just about cost cutting. Horrible atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
Board of directors and top management very self serving.
administration
Accident Benefits Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 September 2013
good salary, great benefits, job security is not applicable as company is moving, good balance between work and home life, I would give it a overall rating of 4.5
Pros
great leadership
Cons
company relocating

Comment – 16 December 2013

do not work for this company, they are closing branches one after the other, it is not worth leaving a steady job to work here, go to aviva, or crawford, managment is horrible you only get promoted if you kiss up, and goof around, you work hard do your job and are over looked. do yourself a favour move along

It was once a fine company to work for.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Waterloo10 September 2013
Economical was a good company, such a shame things changed... Yes there were always issues with favoritism when it came to promotions but that happens at many companies.
The turning point was "demutualization". Now all that management cares about is cutting expenses, and employees are expensive. It's not about providing the best service, or treating the customers, brokers or employees fairly...... It's about making the company look appealing to invest in once they become a public company. From good work and family balance to corporate greed.... Unless agile lean are your two favorite words, you won't be happy there
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Your an expendable resource
Good Company
Technical Computer Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, Ontario6 June 2013
I was reasponsible for the monitoring of the mainframe operating system and worked on installing and configuring 3rd party products as well as assited with the instalation and verification of Z/OS operating system.
Pros
Great social comittee with plenty of events and discounts for employees
Cons
Too many process and paper work took more time than getting the work done
best company to work for, life and work balance
Claims Representative Accident Benefit (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2013
best company to work for.
Life and work balance
Management was good
Great pay and Benefits, but stressful work environment
Client Service Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2013
Great pay and Benefits, but stressful work environment.
Some management members treated employees with disrespect.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management lack of faith in employees
Enjoyable place to work
Senior Auto Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2012
assessing auto claims, dealing with insured's, third parties, outside insurance companies, vendors. I learned customer service, dispute resolution, negoiation skills. My co-workers were great and management was good. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the volume and most enjoyable was supportive co-workers.
Call Centre environment
Auto Adjuster Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga3 November 2012
Typical Call Centre environment, calls after calls your clients are not able to get ahold of you and it's expected that whoever is logged into the phone queue, deal with your clients.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
management expect you to work like robots

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE ECONOMICAL INSURANCE GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.

THE ECONOMICAL INSURANCE GROUP Reviews by Location