THE DUNFIELD RETIREMENT RESIDENCE Employee Reviews

Fun workplace, long hours
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2019
This is a really great workplace to be a part of. They really take care of their staff, and the bonuses and benefits are a great perk. The residents make the job so much fun, or horrible depending on the day. But overall its a great family to be a part of.
Pros
Free lunches, Bonuses, Great People
Cons
Very Busy, Long hours
Excelent work enviroment
Activity Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 August 2018
The Dunfield insures their staff feels like one big family. Residents, staff and their experiences are what The Dunfield prides their company on. I miss working for this amazing company every single day.
Poor management
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2018
Being a previous employee, I found that the staff is much into cliques and are not fond of new staff in the dining room. Some of the residents disrespect you with their racial stereotypes and ignorance. The management do not further investigate staff complaints regarding residents as it is an expensive price to live at the retirement home. At most, the management automatically "side" with the residents because of this. I wouldn't recommend working here as you could potentially resent the residents and work environment.
Pros
Free lunch and/or dinner
Cons
Favouritism of staff
fun Place
Dining Room Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2017
great Place overall. I've already answere the review question and still asking this is abit disappointing as I a usy looking for a job. I have already giben my time in doing it twice and still asking.
Building Maintenance
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
Conduct maintenance to ensure all life safety building and support systems functioning properly.
Cleaning sink drain, repairing furniture, touch painting, replacing light fixture and its light bulbs.
Comply with Health & safety and WHMIS requirement. Ensure the privacy of residents.
comfortable/flexible work environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2017
A very relaxed work environment, friendly staff and residents. I've had the opportunity to care and work with elderly, its was great because it was a new experience for me I actually enjoyed the interaction there.
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
limited job oppurtunities
Fun workplace
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
Overall a good company to work for. Staff is great. You work closely with the residents and are required to learn their names in order to use point of sale. Most are friendly and you will get along with them. Scheduling flexibility not the greatest but they will try and help you. May require you to work Sunday evenings.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Rarely hires full time
A Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
An amazing place to work at.
Co-workers are very friendly and Team work is at play at all time.
The Management is good and understanding.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the appreciation of the residents I serve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE DUNFIELD RETIREMENT RESIDENCE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2