The Dufresne Group Employee Reviews

Friendly working culture
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 January 2018
Dufresne Group is a good place to star with. This is a multi-cultural company where an immigrant would like to apply to. There is a great opportunity to grow with the company.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
Pay is fairly low
Productive and fun environment
Customer Service Agent - Open Order Management (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2018
TDG is a place where anyone with a friendly disposition and a good work ethic can find a place to simultaneously earn money and also feel like they're accomplishing something in the day. There is definitely employee appreciation as long as you show appreciation to your fellow coworkers, as there are draws to see who wins a free lunch from the box of nice things we say about each other. You can advance fairly easily as long as you show your value in work ethic and dedication to the company.
Pros
Lunch program to eat food at work, casual fridays for clothing, food events sometimes
Cons
Management can be strict at times
This is a horrible place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 September 2017
I worked there for over three years. They don't train you very well. They get mad at you for asking questions. Management is awful and think they know everything. They don't set up their processes for you to do your job well. Then when you don't know what your doing they get mad at you. They are constantly hiring people because so many people quit once they find out what the culture and the job is. So may people who have be there for a while quit because management keeps harassing them to do more. Your told so often how you are making mistakes. The training is awful so that's why you make mistakes. You get less then 2- 2 and a half weeks training. This is not nearly enough for this very complex job. Please stay away from this place.
Pros
Your last day of work there.
Cons
Management. Customers swearing at you. Team leads.
A stable company with extreme growth
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 March 2017
Dufresne is a stable company with unprecedented growth in the retail furniture industry. The great gains the company has made in the industry are phenomenal, and the acquisitions that continue to be made keep the company moving forward at a steady pace. The down side to the company is the same growth which is at a pace that the technology has never kept up with. The company relies heavily on manual entry, manual reporting and manual data entry.

The company puts the company first, with constant demands of overtime to handle all the extra work that always keeps coming. A lower than average pay scale and benefits at a middle level prevent this company from being world class.

With an influx of technology to minimize workloads, the company could easily create savings by using their people in more efficient ways and create a better bottom line.
Pros
Stability and growth
Cons
Excess workloads, understaffed, overtime
Very busy work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 February 2017
It was a very busy work place. There were always a million things to be done and never enough time to do it all. the job required a lot of problem solving and when it came t o asking for help there were very few willing to assist
Pros
free lunches
Cons
tough location for bussing
Poor Management and Communication
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada9 August 2015
Head Office is terrible at communication, then gets mad when something isn't done, even when they didn't give direction. They don't admit to making errors, but rather look for scapegoats. No room to move up, don't stand behind product and don't care about customers.
Great Place to Work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon Manitoba7 December 2014
Loved the company and the Owners. They have a great organization. The only complaint that I would have is that they didn't place enough importance on family life. Would be happy to work for them again should the opportunity present itself. Fun atmosphere and I had the pleasure of meeting some great people along the way.
Amazing company
Store Manager Dufresne Furniture (Former Employee) –  Manitoba, Canada23 July 2014
TDG was an amazing family business that was growing and expanding to be a leader in the furniture retail industry. I was brought in as a temp and over 8 years worked my way to partner. TDG prided itself in continued growth and development of it's employees and especially in the mgmt. team. The education, skills and experience I received was invaluable. Leaving the company and in particular my team that I built at my store was a difficult decision. Moving to a new home, and country to allow my husband to take on a promotion and opportunity with his company was the reason I left, and most likely the only reason I would have given up my store and being a part of TDG.
Pros
Support, growth, leadership
Cons
Retail hours can be tough on a family
Fast paced work environment, very reliant on memory, co-workers friendly
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Panet Road Distribution Centre2 January 2014
A typical day at work started with logging into the phones and getting our assigned customer routes that we needed to call. While making outbound calls, it was also our responsibility to take inbound calls. Having good conflict resolution skills really helped because customers were often irate when they called in if a delivery was late or if their product arrived damaged. Our responsibilities included setting up delivery dates, calling customers to give them their assigned window of delivery, book technicians, order parts, resolve logistic issues pertaining to transportation, resolve problems in co-operation with our stores across Canada.

I honed my conflict resolution skills to excellence. I participated in department planning sessions. My co-workers referred to me as the person who was always very nice to the customers. During my time at TDG, I also learned how to use Storis, which is their computer operating system.

My job is very fast paced with many interruptions, and so I developed good multi-tasking abilities.

While training is provided, the training period is not sufficient to learn all that you need to know, and so most of your learning occurs on the floor while you are doing your job. Because it is so hectic, it is often hard to find someone who has time to talk you through something that you don't know how to do.
Pros
Free lunches a couple times a year, extravagant Xmas Party, staff potlucks
Cons
Expected to make up all hours missed even if you have to come in on your day off to do this, bus service is very bad in this area of town
Great company, Great friends
Pick Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg MB19 November 2013
A typical day at dufresne involved moving furniture from shelves into trucks and vice-versa. I learned how to operate a pick truck and lift properly. The management was awesome and the co-workers better, as I met some great friends. The hardest part of the job was explaining to customers that certain peices of furniture would not fit in their small vehicles. This was hard because it irritates people to have to pay for delivery. The most enjoyable part of the job was the physicality of the work. I enjoy keeping busy so a job where I am always doing something was awesome
Pros
Great co-workers, and easy going management
Cons
Dusty atmosphere
Training could be better
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  WInnipeg, Manitoba13 May 2013
After training you are pretty much on your own. A lot is expected out of you. A fast paced environment , co-workers not that friendly and management less so. Not great bus service. Pay is average.
Pros
Canadian company
Cons
No Bus service
Hard to advance.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 April 2013
Learn warehouse skills such as forklift. High turnover, not a career move.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no advancement, hardly a raise.
Better quality products to sell then average furniture store.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB18 November 2012
I've been there longer than anyone. We created a sense of pride in our work and our people. The most difficult part of the job is retention of staff as it is a difficult job market and hard to find the right people.
Had my best year yet in 2012 but my wife and family are re-locating to pursue other career choices. I love meeting people and I enjoy the challenges and mentoring my staff. I've learned to deal with many types of people and have developed a lot of relationships.
Pros
flexible hours as far as retail goes/ good income if you work hard.
Cons
working in a small market means fewer opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dufresne Group. Our community is ready to answer.

The Dufresne Group Reviews by Location