The Drake Hotel

The Drake Hotel Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Loved working for The Drake, good management, great staff!
Very very busy place to work during the summer months, but a diverse place to work with a lot always going on! Positive company culture.
typical work day is always busy
learned alot of the dishes that get served

management is good

closing is ok but needs to be done fast

i enjoy working with the people around me
Leaders didn't show interest in lower level employees and they were deemed disposable very easily - little room for advancement and a very catty culture.
Overall, working at The Drake Hotel was a great experience for me to learn and grow as a cook. Being able to be a versatile cook was great, because I was able to to share the responsibility handling the line, parties, and prep service. The people are great and very friends, everyone brings their own flair into the kitchen.
benefits
Cons
long hours, minimal staff
The Drake was a wonderful experience , always something fun happening. Interesting people and lots of artistic events.
The food is pretty good but kind of small for what you pay.
Pros
Always something cool happening.
Cons
The club nights.
Worked at the Drake Hotel almost 2 years... had a lot of issues with the Supervisor intel they finally Fired me for no Reason, HR did nothing to help.
Pros
Staff lunch
Cons
Over amount of work. and poor management
Hands down, best job I've ever had. I learned so much while at the Drake. Incredibly fun and exciting environment. I met so many amazing people and gained so many friendships from working at The Drake Hotel. It's just the best!
Fantastic place to work. The brand culture is exciting, and there is always something interesting and creative taking place whether it be art, music, or hospitality related, this company always goes above and beyond. I've learned so much and excelling in hospitality and guest services during my time the the Drake.
Fun working environment, with equally creative employees who work together to provide the best experience for all clients.
ça m'a aidé dans mon relationnel avec les clients, dans la manière de m'exprimer correctement en anglais même si j'étais bilingue bien avant, ça m'a apporté une manière de m'exprimer plus correcte.
Typical Brunch Weekend I am working with some of the most interesting, kindest people I have ever met, in a very large and very busy, cultured venue. Serving guests from all over the world with the highest level of customer service and welcoming them to the city of Toronto and giving them advice on how to explore it. As a Manager I am providing solutions to my teammates when things become stressful and hectic or problems occur. Helping my teammates has been the most rewarding, knowing what they experience and how I can be of help, and seeing the impact I've made on their day immediately. If I can help make their job easier, it means they can give the best care to our guests.
Pros
Culture, Teamwork, Leadership, Flexibility, Working Indoors + Outdoors, Meeting New Interesting People, Immediate Feedback
Cons
No Room to Grow, Long Hours On Your Feet