The Drake Hotel Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2019
Overall, working at The Drake Hotel was a great experience for me to learn and grow as a cook. Being able to be a versatile cook was great, because I was able to to share the responsibility handling the line, parties, and prep service. The people are great and very friends, everyone brings their own flair into the kitchen.
benefits
Cons
long hours, minimal staff
Good place to work but awful management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
Worked at the Drake Hotel almost 2 years... had a lot of issues with the Supervisor intel they finally Fired me for no Reason, HR did nothing to help.
Pros
Staff lunch
Cons
Over amount of work. and poor management
Hotbed of Arts and Culture
Bartender / Server / Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
Hands down, best job I've ever had. I learned so much while at the Drake. Incredibly fun and exciting environment. I met so many amazing people and gained so many friendships from working at The Drake Hotel. It's just the best!
Fast paced, challenging, fun workplace
Jr. Event/Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
Fantastic place to work. The brand culture is exciting, and there is always something interesting and creative taking place whether it be art, music, or hospitality related, this company always goes above and beyond. I've learned so much and excelling in hospitality and guest services during my time the the Drake.
Fun, creative working environment
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2017
Fun working environment, with equally creative employees who work together to provide the best experience for all clients.
environnement de travail
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto (CANADA)24 February 2017
ça m'a aidé dans mon relationnel avec les clients, dans la manière de m'exprimer correctement en anglais même si j'étais bilingue bien avant, ça m'a apporté une manière de m'exprimer plus correcte.
Best Place to Work in F+B
Food and Beverage Managing Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2015
Typical Brunch Weekend I am working with some of the most interesting, kindest people I have ever met, in a very large and very busy, cultured venue. Serving guests from all over the world with the highest level of customer service and welcoming them to the city of Toronto and giving them advice on how to explore it. As a Manager I am providing solutions to my teammates when things become stressful and hectic or problems occur. Helping my teammates has been the most rewarding, knowing what they experience and how I can be of help, and seeing the impact I've made on their day immediately. If I can help make their job easier, it means they can give the best care to our guests.
Pros
Culture, Teamwork, Leadership, Flexibility, Working Indoors + Outdoors, Meeting New Interesting People, Immediate Feedback
Cons
No Room to Grow, Long Hours On Your Feet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Drake Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3