The Dow Chemical Company Employee Reviews

excellent company
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB18 March 2018
Supportive and team oriented company. Great work experience opportunity as a young adult. Learned a lot about the importance of plant site safety and the importance of encompassing safety in everything I do through out my day.
work equality and safety oriented place
Emergency Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  prentiss9 March 2018
work environment is safe and good people. encouraging environment for work and take responsible care for community. management people listen and cooperate to achieve safe and good work place.
Strong in safety and productivity
Operations Director & Continuous Improvement Coach (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan & Prentiss (Joffre) AB10 February 2018
Strong in safety culture, strong in productivity, strong in operational excellence
Lot of e-mails reading and replying
Lot of paper work and work processes
Learning: how to run operating plants in max rate
Pros
Excellent benefits
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB19 January 2018
Good place to work, Lots of Safety standards to follow. Great work atmosphere, and always willing to help each other out. Always appreciated there employees with free lunches.
busy, routine and very fun
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB28 September 2017
I really enjoyed working there because it was fun and a got a long with the other employees and I learned how to load a c-can and the proper maintenance on a forklift
Dis tech
Dis tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB19 September 2017
Diw was a great place to work. It is like family there . I looked forward going to work everyday. The management is helpful and always ready to teach.
Pros
Safety awards, days off with pay
Cons
No pension
good
FIELD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 July 2017
I have learned a lot from this experience. They were friendly and accommodating and willing to guide new learners like me. It is a company you want to work in the future
Pays well, the guys are great, management has a disconnect.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB30 June 2017
Huge Safety Culture

Management is disconnected from operations and maintenance

Hardest part of work is the work life balance, much more administrative work than needs to be.

Teamwork and self satisfaction of fixing something.
Pros
Ability to advance to top rate in 3-5 years
Cons
Management is run by engineering staff who have little concept of how the plant should be run.
Great place to work.
Process Engineer/Project Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB18 May 2017
Compensation and benefits package is very good. Good people and site culture. Company is very supportive of a balance between work and home. Shows great flexibility for employees.
Won't even recommend to my worst enemy
Process Automation (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB4 April 2017
This company is laying off Canadian workers to beef up Indian office staff.
The offices are old and investment in the fort Sask. site is really awful.
For a "BIG" company, you won't expect them to ask employees to pay for their own pizza and contribute towards team building.
Pros
Work life balance only because pace is terribly slow
Cons
low pay, small tasks, not a great place to advance your career.
Excellent team environment.
Operations Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB25 March 2017
I was only at Dow Chemical (HCP) for a 4 month practicum, but had an overall excellent experience. The Operations and training staff are knowledgeable and always willing to answer questions, which was important for someone new in the field. There is a strong emphasis on a culture of safe and sustainable operations.
Awesome place
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB5 March 2017
Safety oriented, fast paced and friendly. Many amazing people, willing to help you increase your knowledge and always willing to show you what they know.
Dow is Wow
Rap Student (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 February 2017
Dow Chemical really kickstarted my career in Instrumentation. They taught me a lot and were really patient for dealing with a 16 year old who was still in high school. They taught me the basic fundamentals about Instrumentation. Management was always great from what i saw, i never really interacted with them much. The workplace culture was always safety first and that was a huge impact as to how i work today. the hardest part of the job would have been working while i was still in school but they always gave me the benefit of the doubt. The most enjoyable part of the job was how much respect they would give me even though i was so young at the time. They treated me like a true adult and i will always have respect for everyone i worked with over there,
Review Summary
Operation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB22 January 2017
27.5 years working for Dow Chemical Canada PLC with great people to work with and comprehensive training programs regarding operation activities and understanding plus safety oriented.
good
Emergency Security Responder (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB20 January 2017
I worked at Dow Chemicals for 9 months love love the job.
very thing was great there. Its just a coworker that made life difficult
for me. she told the firemen a lot of lie saying I was stealing food from her fridge. I laugh when I heard it I had tons of food I use to cook on night shift for the firemen. next time I went to work she had a big chain wrapped around the fridge with a padlock, then she went on holidays the guy who shared the fridge with her bust the lock of so he could get his food. I wrote her an email telling her I didn't take her food and to stop telling every one I did . I told my boss I emailed her he wasn't happy. he said she is going to be upset I Said excuse me I'm the one you should worried that's upset,he said you shouldn't of said anything. then I knew something is up Then I learn she had other fired because she didnt like them. anyway I got the boot
Pros
job
Cons
coworkers
Enjoyable place to work
Maintenance Planner/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB14 January 2017
I enjoyed working for Jacobs, made good money and liked my coworkers and the management.
Only problem was a lack of advancement opportunity for me given the trade I am in.
Recognition awards, continuous training
Technician (Former Employee) –  122 Arrow road, M9M2M223 September 2016
Excellent management and colleagues. Stimulating and safe work environment. Respect and cooperation between work groups. Benefits and salary were above average.
Wonderful experience!
Jr. Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB4 July 2016
I learned a lot during the term I was onsite with Dow Chemical Canada ULC and I am now looking forward to going to NAIT to pursue my apprenticeship in the Electrical Trade.
Pros
Great team environment, good leadership and excellent crew
Great employer.
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB8 March 2016
Great place to work with many options for future advancements. Great benefits, safe work environment. Good work schedule.
fast pace, technology based work Enviorment
Sr. Analytical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB6 March 2016
Great place to work as long as upper management likes you. lots of areas for in-house training but little to no support for off site training. I have gained knowledge of troubleshooting instrumentation, method validation, and quality control. I’ve work with many advanced technologies like Sulfur chemiluminescence detector (SCD), Capillary Flow Technology (CFT), and pressurized liquid injection system (PLIS). There was a wide variety of co-workers at Dow many are nice few are not. The hardest part of the job was always justifying your existence and the importance of your position. Since I started a career at DOW two plants where shutdown and lots of cutbacks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility to get the job done. No one was over your shoulder telling you what you should do and in what order. You had your job responsibilities and you needed to do them.
Pros
Benifits, Pension
Cons
Very territorial

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dow Chemical Company. Our community is ready to answer.

The Dow Chemical Company Reviews by Location