The Dow Chemical Company

The Dow Chemical Company Employee Reviews

High in Safety and a very collaborative culture. Great benefits. The hiring process is of very high standards. Growth in certain functions is limited to geography.
I enjoyed my time at Dow. The management at the time was great to work for. The hardest part was being laid off and they just had given me more responsibility and asked to me to take on more before i was laid off. I would have loved to finish my career at Dow
overall enjoyed my time there, co workers were always very helpful and shared work load while explaining tasks correctly I would recommend dow chemical to anyone who wants a start in the maintenance field
Pros
good pay
Cons
They encourage workers to work safe and they provide the necessary action to achieve safety. They listen to workers suggestions and consider the once that make sense.
So sad. This was supposed to be my dream job. They laughed me out, made me do things I wasn't supposed to then left me to hold the bag when things went badly. Mostly the unqualified staffing coaches and managers that have no business managing humans just because they have an engineering degree.
Great place to work. The overall culture of the company is great. They do care about people development. Have been fairly treated over the years and recommend others as well.
Most of the employee in Dow are old timers and are with the company since ages. Some of them have no knowledge of the outside world and never try to make a new comers feel comfortable.
A culture that does not value shift workers and maintenance staff. These individuals are seen only as drones who have no input on day to day or long term decision making. The result of this culture is demoralizing. They claim to have an empowered workforce, this unfortunately was not my experience.
i worked a small time at Dow it was one of the most spread out industrial site with a huge aspect focused on safety... was fast paced environment with great community of workers
The company if very good culture and environment for working mom. I really enjoyed work with many professionals at my last job. And my manager was very hands off and allowed me a lot of professional freedom because I have a strong controllership mindset, work ethic and my job performance was exceptional.
safely place to work with and fun and friendly management.friendly supervisor,friendly foreman and friendly co workers.we cannot start the job without the approval of safety inspector on the workplace specially regarding the hoarding.must have fir extinguisher on work place at all times
Was on okay job, the only issue was that all the operators got their kids hired and then their kids got the promotions and it was impossible to move up if your family wasn't in the company. I saw a lot of good people get turned down for promotions, and simpletons would get it. But it paid well, and was safe.
Company very much values family and work life balance. They also love to give there contractors time off in an effort to save money. The people and workers are great and the atmosphere is great though.
Terrible workload and imbalance between work and personal life, no respect for employees and safety is only on paper not in practice, multitasking is a must there.
Pros
Cons
Long hrs, too much workload
Wonderful career until downsized in 2001 at the salary level of $85,000/year. Had window offices and I was very good at problem solving, follow up, and field sales interaction and support. Enjoyed the travel, the people, the work and would be still working there until now, had I not been downsized and company moved to Midland, Michigan.
Pros
Long term career and interesting work.
Cons
Downsized 2001
the hardest part of my day is being on a Project with Maintenance Management that do not understand the process we have in place to succeed in a great project.
Very team focused, morale seemed high among workers. 12 hour rotating shifts were very popular with workers. Management was attentive to employees needs.
good place to work kind people all around good experience. the people were so good there can't get over the people. Did I mention the people so good I mean it the best people out there.
Great team and focus on global work process. Valued my time with Dow and enjoyed working wit the professional team there. Good opportunity to travel to various sites and grow.
THe projects were very interesting and complex. Usually entailed complex piping systems and materials such as teflon lined piping, reinforced fiberglass piping, exotic metal piping materials such as monel, duplex stainless steel, etc.
Pros
Variety and complexity of projects
Supportive and team oriented company. Great work experience opportunity as a young adult. Learned a lot about the importance of plant site safety and the importance of encompassing safety in everything I do through out my day.