The Doctor's House Employee Reviews

2.4Pay & Benefits
2.4Job Security & Advancement
Not enjoyable
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 October 2018
Most of the people that work there are passive-aggressive. They don't train well and they are moody.
They also don't give you advice or warnings to work better when you have done mistakes so you can learn from your mistakes, even when you are a new employee.
On the weekends when it is the most busiest and stressful, you are not given any lunch breaks and this causes more stress and anxiety.
Their administrative manager doesn't train new employees well.
Pros
Free lunch during Sunday brunch and they have a beautiful Chapel and banquet hall.
Cons
No lunch breaks, no proper training and most of the people that work there are passive-aggressive.
Working at the doctors house
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kleinburg, ON3 October 2018
The doctors house has been the worst experience for me. I was there for a years, way too long. Should have left before my year was up. Not enough dishes, glasss, cutlery. Always trying to find a coffee cup and utensils. Poorly managed and totally disfunctional. No overtime if you’ve worked more than an 8 hour shifts. Expected to stay after service to setup for the next days functions. No setup crew. It was just a poorly organized venue.

Even went it came to staff meals, you’re lucky if you had a meal and it was a fight to get something cooked for the staff.
Pros
Food maybe
Productive and Challenging
Barback and Server (Former Employee) –  Kleinburg, ON23 January 2017
It was a decent job with a lot of responsibilities. Handling four halls and bars as only one bar-back was the biggest challenge that I faced. Overall, a decent place to work.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Responsibilites/Late hours
Well kept and well managed.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kleinburg, ON5 January 2017
-I was the BarBack for a few months when I started working at the Doctors House. The duties that came with that on a day to day basis were to manage all of the liquor inventory for the banquet hall, clean the 4 bars, and keep the bars supplied throughout the day. When I was promoted to bartender, I kept all duties but just for my bar.
-I learned how to put many of the things I learned in school to good use. That involved solidifying my knowledge of several cocktails and brands, opening up as a person and meeting new people.
-Management was good.
-Co-workers were enjoyable to work with. It was a very diverse group of people.
-Hardest part of the job was going home, I love bartending. In terms of actual difficulty, making drinks that ive never heard of but then you get to interact with the guest so it becomes enjoyable in the end.
-The best thing about bartending at the Doctors House was meeting all the new people throughout the time I spent there.
Pros
Free Dinner, No shared tips
Cons
Far from home
Diningroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Kleinburg, ON15 December 2014
It is a nice overall hospitality venue to work for set in the rustic settings.
Great Staff
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Kleinburg, ON20 December 2012
Staff is always warm and friendly to one another.
A typical work day consists of paperwork in the morning, floorplans and answering the phone in the afternoons.
Pros
free meals
Cons
closing alone
The Doctor's House is a great place to learn cooking
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kleinburg, ON17 November 2012
I had learned a lot of French Crusine Salad, dressing, hot Entree and Sunday Brunch. I did learned a lots of interpersonal skill how to serve customers and work under pressure. I made a lot of friendship with my great Chef and co - workers. I was very happy to spent 5 years in The Doctor's House.

Want to know more about The Doctor's House?

Ask a question