The Distillery Restaurants Corp

The Distillery Restaurants Corp Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Productive work environment which gives overall professional encouragement. Staff and co workers are very helpful and cooperative. There is lt to learn the only thing it requires is the true dedication.
supportive hr department, hires many young people and trains industry professionals. salary is low, but that is expected of any corp, there isn't usually much opportunity to raise salary but a good place to get experience
I've worked for 6 months at cluny and it was an incredible experience, especially because I was not a native english speeker and moreover it was my first experience in the food & beverage industry. I thank warmly all the person a met in distillery !
I love working with the DRC! The perks are incredible - truly unbeatable! And all of my co-workers are hard working and wonderful people. They do a very good job at only hiring the best, and it shows!
Official response from The Distillery Restaurants Corp
10 January 2020
Thank you for your glowing review. At the DRC, we do our best to ensure our employee perks stay competitive and current. We don't just take care of our guests; we take care of our employees too.
Stay away from working in bar as a Barback the management are nortoriously unproffesional!!!!, , hrs are as bad as tip out, no progression unless they like you.
They ignore stealing, bulling and harrasment, if you try to transfer to another resturant they will to everything in there power to stop you from progressing. Lastly Bartenders tip money is missing for months and most of them left, just stay away for your own good.
Pros
50% Off Food
Cons
Nortoriously Unprofessional Management.
Official response from The Distillery Restaurants Corp
10 January 2020
We're deeply sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience working at the DRC. We have and have always had an open door policy and would have been more than happy to provide you with clarity regarding some of the concerns you mentioned in your review. We still wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
Excellent food to be proud of serving. Well managed and excellent human resources. Always recognized for work well done. Although seasonal due to the number of patio seating, there is always work there year round
This majestic restaurant located in the Distillery District is by far the most beautiful restaurant the DRC has under its umbrella! The staff are great to work with, the chef's creations are absolutely delicious, and the culture of the company is great as well, a real family feel to it!
As the AGM I was in charge of the daily service of the restaurant from leading the management team to success and coaching and guiding the staff, to creating a great dining experience for our guests!
Pros
Great and dedicated team
Cons
I really like because they have excellent chefs and friendly cooks. They really work hard, and respect everyone working in the company...
Pros
free lunch
Cons
I love this job is because of the great management and team player environment. I have learnt a lot from the other coworkers. They usually share their thoughts and we had good time with ground of guests and music belong of events. We serve many wedding events almost every weekend. Again, I enjoy working this job to enhance my customer service and increase guests satisfaction.
Pros
get free dinner
Cons
work in long hour of the event